Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Are you 100% certain Bama is going to derail Mississippi State this week? Take minks off! Think Michigan can pull the upset of the ages against Ohio State in a couple weeks? Take rings off! Think your team will make the playoffs? Your rival fans shining? Get up off those goddamn diamonds!

:black101:WELCOME TO THUNDERDOME:black101:

Ante the gently caress up and get ready for the end of the year! Set up toxx bets! Make them clear and concise so you don't fall into the Scionix Trap! Call out your rivals!

RULES: THERE ARE NO RULES. Toxx threads are fun but don't be stupid. At the end of the day, you're toxxing yourself. Man up to it if you lose. Put your bet in bold type, and include what should happen if you lose and I will quote and add it to the OP. Make bets based on games, stats, wins, final record, whatever you want! Provide proof if your bet is something like "If [TEAM] doesn't win [GAME], I will donate [AMOUNT] to [CHARITY OR CHARITY OF WINNER'S CHOICE]" that you followed through. Post a screenshot with personal information edited out or something.

ENFORCEMENT - Judgement calls will be left to me, or benevolent dictator MorningView if he wants.

TOXXES GO HERE

Scionix posted:

:toxx: if MSU wins probate me until the MSU game next year :toxx:

DJExile: $50 to Jimmy V Foundation if BGSU does not win MAC Championship

MourningView posted:

If every MSU somehow loses I will step down as mod and give myself a 100k probation on the way out the door.

Real Name Grover posted:

If Nebraska reaches the Big 10 Championship, I'll donate $25 to whatever charity [DJEdit: Marine Corps Law Enforcement Fund) to whoever quotes this.

I'll raise that to $100 and a custom title if Nebraska wins.

Punch Card posted:

If Michigan beats Ohio State, I will autoban or be banned, re-register, buy an avatar that encompasses the idea that Jim Caldwell is Marcus Aurelius reborn in all his stoic glory, (to be made by myself or a fellow TFF user who gets the gist of it) and donate $150 to a charity to be named later.

Punch Card posted:

Jim Caldwell disappointed me by not excoriating Dominic Raiola for his bullshit move against the Patriots so I think my idealism in him may have been misplaced. To that, I'm going to scrap the avatar part of my toxx (I'll come up with something better hopefully) but change my donation from $150 to $250.

Sash! posted:

If the Big Ten finishes worse than .500 in bowl games (should Ohio State make the playoffs, the semi-finals and finals would count separately), I shall make an animated gif cycling through the team logos of all the teams that defeated the Big Ten and bear it as a title until next bowl season. I will also donate $25 to a local charity of my choice (most likely the Alexandria Sportsman's Club).

Ben Has Tiny Weenus posted:

:toxx:If Mississippi State loses to Alabama, during the next douche tournament, I will nominate and push for Dillon Day to be the champion with a similar level of effort I put into getting Ole Miss to the top this past season:toxx:

Dirk Pitt posted:

A weeks probation for me if Tech beats Oklahoma.

Allahu Snackbar posted:

If auburn wins the iron bowl I will go to lowes, buy a plant of no less than $10 value, and I will poison it, posting pictures as it withers away.
Roll drat Tide

ZenVulgarity posted:

:toxx: If UF beats FSU I'll get someone to commission me a Gator staring down at a crying Seminole and change my title to be "I thought Seminoles understood that no means yes" or something to LEEMAJORS choosing

BI NOW GAY LATER posted:

Also uh, :toxx: if WVU loses the Riot Bowl, ISU will be the perm home of Andichu's Big Gay Iowa Wedding.

Webbeh posted:

If UGA beats GT in college football this year in Clean, Old-Fashioned Hate 2014, I will:
  • Purchase a new custom title and avatar as chosen by the UGA buldwag poster collective (HOTLANTA MAN, every, KKKLIP ART, and I'm sure I'm missing a few more rejects). If I lose this toxx, and the avatar is changed between the toxx and Clean, Old-Fashioned Hate 2015, ban me.
  • Not be able to make a negative post about UGA until Clean, Old-Fashioned Hate 2015, with the penalty being a permaban.
DJEdit: HOTLANTA MAN has dibs on the av.

siriuslysomething posted:

The high school I teach at lets us wear T-shirts on Fridays as long as they are college t-shirts. So my :toxx: is that if Northwestern does not get the hat I will buy an Illini T-shirt and add it into my rotation of shirts for Fridays (which have been exclusively Northwestern). I will also donate $20 to any charity of an Illini fan's choosing (I don't know who if there are any primarily Illinois fans in TFF which I am sorry about but have only been around for about 2 years and only truly involved this year). Let me know.

Top Hats Monthly posted:

If Minnesota defeats Wisconsin, I'll get draw play dave to draw me a new avatar with Jerry Kill seizing under the Axe, if they lose, a Wisconsin fan will pick what av I get.

E: Also :10bux: to his epilepsy thing if they win

Thermos H Christ posted:

If Texas takes the lineal championship by beating TCU tomorrow, I will buy a lineal championship title for a fan of the next team to beat Texas. I'd prefer it if that fan was willing to do the same after their team's next loss, so we've always got a TFF poster who is representing their team by "wearing the belt."

JT Jag posted:

:toxx: If the Alabama Crimson Tide football team loses to the Auburn Tigers football team in the 2014 Iron Bowl, I will not make any negative posts about Auburn University or its various athletic programs on this, the Something Awful forums, under threat of a one-week probation for every violation. This will be in force until the week of the 2015 Iron Bowl. :toxx:

DJExile fucked around with this message at 22:11 on Nov 26, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

I'll lead off because why not:

If Bowling Green does not win the 2014 MAC Championship, I will donate $50 to the charity of choice of whomever quotes this first.

Scionix
Oct 17, 2009

hoog emm xDDD
i stand by my toxx even though MV is cheating and making it apply to Mich. St. as well. w/e it was about the principle of the thing anyway.

Real Name Grover
Feb 13, 2002

Like corn on the cob
Fan of Britches
If Nebraska reaches the Big 10 Championship, I'll donate $25 to whatever charity (so long as I agree with its intent) to whoever quotes this.

E:

DJExile posted:

How about the Marine Corps Law Enforcement Fund?

Deal.

Real Name Grover fucked around with this message at 18:58 on Nov 13, 2014

kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true

DJExile posted:

If Bowling Green does not win the 2014 MAC Championship, I will donate $50 to the charity of choice of whomever quotes this first.

even if that charity is another school's athletic department? :v:

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Scionix posted:

i stand by my toxx even though MV is cheating and making it apply to Mich. St. as well. w/e it was about the principle of the thing anyway.

This is unfair!

I am applying it to literally any school that can be abbreviated "MSU".

Ben Has Tiny Weenus
Feb 17, 2007
MSU Will Not Be National Champions

So I really should learn to shut the hole under my nose.

DJExile posted:

The Mississippi State Athletic Dept.!

But seriously,

Jimmy V Foundation (gotta go with the old Fraternity philanthropy)

:toxx:If Mississippi State loses to Alabama, during the next douche tournament, I will nominate and push for Dillon Day to be the champion with a similar level of effort I put into getting Ole Miss to the top this past season:toxx:

I am poor.

MourningView posted:

This is unfair!

I love you.

Ben Has Tiny Weenus fucked around with this message at 23:37 on Nov 13, 2014

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Real Name Grover posted:

If Nebraska reaches the Big 10 Championship, I'll donate $25 to whatever charity (so long as I agree with its intent) to whoever quotes this.

How about the Marine Corps Law Enforcement Fund?

alpha_destroy
Mar 23, 2010

Billy Butler: Fat Guy by Day, Doubles Machine by Night

MourningView posted:

This is unfair!

So Scionix needs Maryland over Michigan State, Alabama over Mississippi State, Stetson over Morehead State, South Carolina State over Morgan State, North Dakota State over Missouri State, Idaho State over Montana State, Upper Iowa over Minnesota State, Minnesota Crookston over Minnesota State-Moorhead (or MSU-Moorhead), Tartleton State over Midwestern State, and Minnesota Duluth over Minot State?

Dang, there are a fuckton of MSU's. If only MSU-Moorhead was playing Minnesota State so there could be no escape.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Don't forget McNeese State!

alpha_destroy
Mar 23, 2010

Billy Butler: Fat Guy by Day, Doubles Machine by Night

DJExile posted:

Don't forget McNeese State!

This is what I get for CTRL+F'ing " M." I missed them and Murray State! And whoever the hell Montclair State is.

I have a test in 15 minutes so I cannot, but someone should check to see how many upsets that is because by my count a lot of those MSU's really suck probably will lose.

alpha_destroy fucked around with this message at 19:04 on Nov 13, 2014

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

if scionix somehow survives his toxx just declare him god king of tff

Scionix
Oct 17, 2009

hoog emm xDDD

SaltLick posted:

i request this song be played at my forums funeral

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6sPAe3ZsSZ0

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.

Scionix posted:

i request this song be played at my forums funeral

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6sPAe3ZsSZ0

Sorry its gonna be this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XSNW6KoHV8o&t=24s

Ben Has Tiny Weenus
Feb 17, 2007

Wrong, it'll be this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gh1M2dXn2fM

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

SaltLick posted:

If every MSU somehow loses I will step down as mod and give myself a 100k probation on the way out the door.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

MourningView posted:

added :frogc00l:

EDIT: as if I could even enforce this :v:

there's a 0.00000000000000000001% chance this happens but oh man if it does...

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.

Honestly I am just glad I was able to google "Banjo Taps" and find it

Punch Card
Sep 13, 2005

by Ralp
If Michigan beats Ohio State, I will autoban or be banned, re-register, buy an avatar that encompasses the idea that Jim Caldwell is Marcus Aurelius reborn in all his stoic glory, (to be made by myself or a fellow TFF user who gets the gist of it) and donate $150 to a charity to be named later.

Edit: vvvvv appreciate it!

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Punch Card posted:

Love it

buddychrist10
Nov 4, 2009

Obtuse.....even hokey.
Are there any potential MSU wins that will conclude before the Alabama/Mississippi State game starts? Because that would be perfect.

Ben Has Tiny Weenus
Feb 17, 2007

dude789 posted:

Are there any potential MSU wins that will conclude before the Alabama/Mississippi State game starts? Because that would be perfect.

Morehead State vs Stetson starts 2.5 hours prior
Murray State vs. Eastern Kentucky starts 2.5 hours prior
Morgan State vs. South Carolina State starts 2.5 hours prior
Montclair State vs. Kean starts 2.5 hours prior
Midwestern State vs. Tarlton starts 1.5 hours prior
Minot State vs. Minnesota-Duluth starts 1 hour prior
Missouri State vs. North Dakota State starts thirty minutes prior
Montana State vs. Idaho State starts ten minutes after
McNeese State vs. SELA starts thirty minutes after
Michigan State vs. Maryland starts 4.5 hours after

So, none will be concluded, but around the third quarter, Scionix will have a 4 team Parley to deal with.

TheGreyGhost
Feb 14, 2012

“Go win the Heimlich Trophy!”
If Ohio State loses to Michigan, I'll include a positive mention of either Jim Bollman or Luke Fickell in my next 100 posts.

EDIT: MV said don't actually do this, so it's retracted.

TheGreyGhost fucked around with this message at 02:43 on Nov 14, 2014

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

TheGreyGhost posted:

If Ohio State loses to Michigan, I'll include a positive mention of either Jim Bollman or Luke Fickell in my next 100 posts.
And I'll find out where he lives and kill him before he gets to 30

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

TheGreyGhost posted:

I'm pretty sure these type of toxxes punish us more than you

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

TheGreyGhost posted:

These sorts of toxxes are annoying. Please don't do them. It's been funny exactly one time.

TheGreyGhost
Feb 14, 2012

“Go win the Heimlich Trophy!”

MourningView posted:

These sorts of toxxes are annoying. Please don't do them. It's been funny exactly one time.

If this is an actual request not to do it, I won't

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

TheGreyGhost posted:

If this is an actual request not to do it, I won't

It is.

Ben Has Tiny Weenus
Feb 17, 2007

I'll edit that out of mine as well then

kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true

MourningView posted:

Work better as avatar replacements.

Ben Has Tiny Weenus
Feb 17, 2007

kayakyakr posted:

Work better as avatar replacements.

Speaking of avatar replacements, it appears that I made someone mad enough to buy me a new one. Man, if we win, it'll be such a badge of honor!

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide
I have a suggested addendum: if Scionix gets on Finebaum and mentions TFF on air, end his ban/probation period

wheez the roux
Aug 2, 2004
THEY SHOULD'VE GIVEN IT TO LYNCH

Death to the Seahawks. Death to Seahawks posters.

Raku posted:

I have a suggested addendum: if Scionix gets on Finebaum and mentions TFF on air, end his ban/probation period

This, except he has to make bingo on a 5x5 buzzword card of TFF's design

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
Doing some dumb TFF gag on the radio probably wouldn't even make him the worst caller to call in if Bama loses

archangelwar
Oct 28, 2004

Teaching Moments

Ben Has Tiny Weenus posted:

Speaking of avatar replacements, it appears that I made someone mad enough to buy me a new one. Man, if we win, it'll be such a badge of honor!

Wow, that is a really low effort, weaksauce attempt. I can imagine them huffing in anger and then giggling like a child who just smelled its own fart.

Scionix
Oct 17, 2009

hoog emm xDDD

wheez the roux posted:

This, except he has to make bingo on a 5x5 buzzword card of TFF's design

if im not dead from my operating systems class i will attempt it.

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

If the Big Ten finishes worse than .500 in bowl games (should Ohio State make the playoffs, the semi-finals and finals would count separately), I shall make an animated gif cycling through the team logos of all the teams that defeated the Big Ten and bear it as a title until next bowl season. I will also donate $25 to a local charity of my choice (most likely the Alexandria Sportsman's Club).

wheez the roux
Aug 2, 2004

archangelwar posted:

Wow, that is a really low effort, weaksauce attempt. I can imagine them huffing in anger and then giggling like a child who just smelled its own fart.

so it was scionix

husky fuckers let's go mutually assured destruction and toxx each other over the apple cup

Scionix
Oct 17, 2009

hoog emm xDDD

wheez the roux posted:

so it was scionix

husky fuckers let's go mutually assured destruction and toxx each other over the apple cup

lol you think anyone could make me mad enough to spend 10 dollars on them

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wheez the roux
Aug 2, 2004

Scionix posted:

lol you think anyone could make me mad enough to spend 10 dollars on them

mad enough, no

drunk enough, absolutely

• Locked thread