Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
gently caress Ohio State?
Yes
Yeah
Yep
Mmmhm
View Results

• Locked thread
Hed
Mar 31, 2004

Fun Shoe

Thoguh posted:

Jameis is a rapist. (gonna quote this every week)

Also a shoplifter.

hey now he got suspended for those baseball games, justice has been served

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

alpha_destroy
Mar 23, 2010

Billy Butler: Fat Guy by Day, Doubles Machine by Night

Lasagna Pilot posted:

So you have Miss State behind Ohio State.

loving truff. That's what has bothered me about all the "Miss. State isn't even a top 10 team" bullshit. At least they didn't lose to Va Tech, poo poo.

Edit: Blow up OSU, thank you.

pathetic little tramp
Dec 12, 2005

by Hillary Clinton's assassins
Fallen Rib
I keep saying to people "Marshall beat everyone on their schedule, how do you keep them out of the playoff?"

They say, "Well they haven't beat anybody good."

"Yeah, neither has FSU, what's your point?"

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

One of these days FSU will put together a full game instead of just playing the second half.

Thermos H Christ
Sep 6, 2007

WINNINGEST BEVO
Ohhhhh Texas is goin' to a lovely bowl game and I am pretty fuckin pumped about it.

Also lol @ Auburn, LSU, Aggy, ND and TCU.

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Much like with everything else in life, the Euros seem to have more sense on how to do things in a fun atmosphere without sucking the soul out of the event.
MSU is top 10 but it's definitely on the lower end.

Their 3 best wins are LSU, aTm, and Auburn.

LSU is going to finish 8-4 or 7-5.
aTm is going to finish 8-4 or 7-5.
Auburn is going to finish 8-4 barring an upset on the road vs Bama.

Those were tremendous wins at the time and the luster has essentially vanished between LSU being blanked by Arkansas, the Aggies tanking to Mizzou, and Auburn having its doors blown off by Georgia.

It was a good run and they'll probably beat someone's rear end in a bowl and finish 12-1 but MSU is not a playoff-caliber team right now. They can still show off versus Ole Miss and see if some chaos happens to make their case again, though.

Crotch Bat fucked around with this message at 05:55 on Nov 16, 2014

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP
I think I might skip the Thanksgiving game if the weather's going to turn out like that again. I can hardly type because my hands are so numb.

Anyway, it's the same story - defense is okay for what it is, offense is bad and/or incredibly green so we can't keep up. I honestly have no idea what will happen with LSU though since both of us are as hell.

ce gars
Dec 31, 2007

Loud Alabama fans live right above me, so I'm just sitting down here grumbling about Auburn while they continue to scream the fight song.

Football is the worst.

Democratic Pirate
Feb 17, 2010

computer parts posted:

I think I might skip the Thanksgiving game if the weather's going to turn out like that again. I can hardly type because my hands are so numb.

Anyway, it's the same story - defense is okay for what it is, offense is bad and/or incredibly green so we can't keep up. I honestly have no idea what will happen with LSU though since both of us are as hell.

Having Myles Garret out for Mizzou didn't help since our defense is "ok all around with an angry freshman sack machine to make plays"

Our goal line play calls suck poo poo.

alpha_destroy
Mar 23, 2010

Billy Butler: Fat Guy by Day, Doubles Machine by Night

Crotch Bat posted:

MSU is top 10 but it's definitely on the lower end.

Their 3 best wins are LSU, aTm, and Auburn.

LSU is going to finish 8-4 or 7-5.
aTm is going to finish 8-4 or 7-5.
Auburn is going to finish 8-4 barring an upset on the road vs Bama.

Those were tremendous wins at the time and the luster has essentially vanished between LSU being blanked by Arkansas, the Aggies tanking to Mizzou, and Auburn having its doors blown off by Georgia.

It was a good run and they'll probably beat someone's rear end in a bowl and finish 12-1 but MSU is not a playoff-caliber team.

Point remains the same. Name 7 or 8 teams with better resumes then. I honestly don't give a poo poo about Miss. St. but I think people are forgetting how few elite teams there are this year.

Edit: I mean, I'm real hammered, so this list is incomplete, but Bama, FSU technically I guess, Oregon maybe? Baylor maybe? Who'd ASU lose to? Maybe a second Pac 12 team. Point remains the same. Miss. State's loss is a helluva lost better than a lot of teams, and while their wins may be devalued, I'm struggling to remember who has a string of great wins.

alpha_destroy fucked around with this message at 06:02 on Nov 16, 2014

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

Lol arky beat lsu. This solidifies Arkansas as the best 5 loss team out there

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

pillsburysoldier posted:

Lol arky beat lsu. This solidifies Arkansas as the best 5 loss team out there

Still terrified of them and you can't make me be confident about that game for Mizzou.

Zippy the Bummer
Dec 14, 2008

Silent Majority
The Don
LORD COMMANDER OF THE UKRAINIAN ARMED FORCES
so i guess if the huskers win out and the badgers somehow drop one of their last two, nebraska can get its teeth kicked in and utterly wrecked in the big 10 championship game....

:smith: maybe next year we'll have a good defense and mediocre to bad offense instead :unsmith:

edit: make that two of their last two

Zippy the Bummer fucked around with this message at 06:05 on Nov 16, 2014

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Thermos H Christ posted:

Ohhhhh Texas is goin' to a lovely bowl game and I am pretty fuckin pumped about it.

Also lol @ Auburn, LSU, Aggy, ND and TCU.

Cactus Bowl here we come!

Drofnats
Oct 2, 2013

Have you accepted Jameis Christ as your Lord and Savior?

Rabid Snake
Aug 6, 2004

I'm not a FSU fan but Jameis owns bones. I can't wait to watch him on Sundays

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Much like with everything else in life, the Euros seem to have more sense on how to do things in a fun atmosphere without sucking the soul out of the event.

alpha_destroy posted:

Point remains the same. Name 7 or 8 teams with better resumes then. I honestly don't give a poo poo about Miss. St. but I think people are forgetting how few elite teams there are this year.

It doesn't remain the same. MSU is not an elite team. If this was still the BCS their title hopes are gone regardless of what they do versus Ole Miss because they're not even going to win their own division much less their own conference.

They're not going to drop as far as they should because they played Bama close but they don't have a signature win anymore and their best chance is weeks away. Like I said, if they can thrash Ole Miss and other teams lose then they'll certainly look a lot better but right now the dream is over.

Thermos H Christ
Sep 6, 2007

WINNINGEST BEVO

PostNouveau posted:

Cactus Bowl here we come!

TCU had to go and look super beatable today, too. Despite my best efforts a little bit of hope is fighting its way in. If I was laying money I'd still say they beat us by 21+ but maaaaaybe. Maybe.

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

hahahaha Notre Dame lost

31-0
10-9
43-40

The Michigan-ND-Northwestern cycle is complete and idiotic

Qwijib0
Apr 10, 2007

Who needs on-field skills when you can dance like this?

Fun Shoe
OSU

:negative:

edit: wrong thread, but this will still probably be accurate

Qwijib0 fucked around with this message at 06:10 on Nov 16, 2014

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Thermos H Christ posted:

TCU had to go and look super beatable today, too. Despite my best efforts a little bit of hope is fighting its way in. If I was laying money I'd still say they beat us by 21+ but maaaaaybe. Maybe.

Yeah, I've been fighting back a rising sense of hope as well. It doesn't help that a win would put us in position to match last year's 8-5 record.

Win or not, I think Charlie Strong has done a good job in his first year. I've been doubting the wisdom of him throwing 2 starters off the O-line, but after 5 starts together, Wickline seems to have trained up an adequate group of players. And Swoopes having three 300+ games this year is something I never would have considered possible when he first took over.

Thermos H Christ
Sep 6, 2007

WINNINGEST BEVO

PostNouveau posted:

Yeah, I've been fighting back a rising sense of hope as well. It doesn't help that a win would put us in position to match last year's 8-5 record.

With last year's team being one of the most experienced in the country and this year's team being one of the least experienced. Last year was supposed to be the peak of a cycle that started with a 5-7 season. This was always going to be something of a reset and rebuild year.

Charlie Strong is a good football coach.

Dr_Strangelove
Dec 16, 2003

Mein Fuhrer! THEY WON!

He signaled that to his accuser

And the Tallahassee cops

Abugadu
Jul 12, 2004

1st Sgt. Matthews and the men have Procured for me a cummerbund from a traveling gypsy, who screeched Victory shall come at a Terrible price. i am Honored.
Dear College Football:

Melvin Gordon is the best CFB rusher ever.

Better than Tomlinson, better than Dayne, better than Barry Sanders.

He just punked the 19th best rushing defense in the nation for the single game record, and sat out the 4th quarter because why the gently caress not. Probably could have gotten another 150 easily in the 4th.

He's on pace to break Barry's record.

He's doing it with other teams realizing there's no passing threat at QB and loading the box.

I look forward to him finishing 2nd in the Heisman balloting and then getting drafted by a passing team that won't use him.

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

Dr_Strangelove posted:

He signaled that to his accuser

And the Tallahassee cops

]Tallahassee PD þ@Tallahassee911 30 minutes ago
We have decided not to charge Jalen Ramsey for the theft of Brad Kaaya's football pass.

A lot of people bring up FSU's awesome kicker, Roberto Aguayo

@Corey_Clark: Interesting moment before Aguayo's 53 yarder. He said he told Jimbo before drive "anything inside the 37."

@Corey_Clark: "I walked onto the field and I was looking at him and he was looking up. And i said, 'Coach Fisher. Let me kick it.' And he said 'go.'"

:allears:

pillsburysoldier fucked around with this message at 07:09 on Nov 16, 2014

JesustheDarkLord
May 22, 2006

#VolsDeep
Lipstick Apathy
I feel pretty good.

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy
Georgia beat the holy dogshit out of auburn so that was real cool. Also I had sex.

Go dawgs.

wootmachine
Aug 28, 2006

HAIL SABAN
Did you raw dawg it?

Dr_Strangelove
Dec 16, 2003

Mein Fuhrer! THEY WON!

HOTLANTA MAN posted:

Georgia beat the holy dogshit out of auburn so that was real cool. Also I had sex.

Go dawgs.

thx for this sex update, god bless

KIM JONG TRILL
Nov 29, 2006

GIN AND JUCHE

alpha_destroy posted:

Point remains the same. Name 7 or 8 teams with better resumes then.

Alabama
Oregon
FSU
TCU
Baylor
ASU
Ohio State

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy

wootmachine posted:

Did you raw dawg it?

Nah man that ain't me.

I must say though auburn fans this year were incredibly nice and friendly so sorry our fratties probably told you to eat poo poo

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Thermos H Christ posted:

The way both teams are playing I'd be shocked if TCU blows Texas out. Win, sure, but Strong's defense isn't going to get clowned like KSU's did. There was a lot of stuff about Kansas' gameplan I think Texas can replicate and do better.

Winkie01
Nov 28, 2004

HOTLANTA MAN posted:

Go dawgs.

with a women?

SpiritualDeath
Jul 2, 2009

shaping your brain like pottery
Boy, if the CFP committee doesn't rank Marshall after this week...

Idiot Kicker
Jun 13, 2007
I didn't watch, but San Jose State got shut out by Hawaii 13-0. In that game, SJSU missed 3 field goals, threw an interception in the end zone, and dropped a pass in the end zone.

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

I made the hat by transforming my zen

gently caress FSU for giving me a heart attack every week

gently caress

Lasagna Pilot
Feb 6, 2009

No, you're dark-side intergalactic encyclopedia salesmen. Unfortunately, the home office hasn't been quite upfront with you.

KIM JONG TRILL posted:

Alabama
Oregon
FSU
TCU
Baylor
ASU
Ohio State

If Mississippi State is fringe top 10 then there is no reason to have Alabama way up there either for beating Mississippi State by 5 at home.

wheez the roux
Aug 2, 2004
THEY SHOULD'VE GIVEN IT TO LYNCH

Death to the Seahawks. Death to Seahawks posters.

Winkie01 posted:

with a women?

he's a probably a plushy imo

Zurreco
Dec 27, 2004

Cutty approves.

KIM JONG TRILL posted:

Alabama
Oregon
FSU
TCU
Baylor