Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
GenderSelectScreen
Mar 7, 2010

I DON'T KNOW EITHER DON'T ASK ME
College Slice
I just remembered this game a few minutes ago and was wondering: is I Wanna Be The Guy still around? Has PewDiePie graced his ugly mug in it's upper right-hand corner? Are there any Let's Plays still up from that time? I know a lot of people uploaded to Blip and other lovely sites back in those days. Have you guys played it? Lately?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax
you can be the guy, op. i believe in you

Whorelord
May 1, 2013

Jump into the well...

pewdiepie is actually handsome, op

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

I beat I wanna be the guy twice like 7 years ago. gently caress that game.

Lamebot
Sep 8, 2005

ロボ顔菌~♡
guy who made this played a lot of guilty gear xx #reload pc netplay. he ran the irc channel for it. the more you know.

DrManiac
Feb 29, 2012

The dude released a demo for IWBTG 2 a few years back. I think there was even a thread about it.

[e] It's called I wanna be the guy gaiden and it's already done now.

DrManiac fucked around with this message at 16:02 on Nov 16, 2014

Dexters Secret
Jun 19, 2014

everyone says you're the guy but, i wanna be the guy too!

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?

DrManiac posted:

The dude released a demo for IWBTG 2 a few years back. I think there was even a thread about it.

[e] It's called I wanna be the guy gaiden and it's already done now.

why isn't it called i wanna be the guyden

Meat Recital
Mar 26, 2009

by zen death robot
i do not wanna be the guy

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

They have someone speed run it at every agdq

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?
i like that the maker put in a special thing if you try to take out kraidgief with the fast kraid method from super metroid

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.
And get mad at people on the internet

:emptyquote:
I love when platformers replace difficulty via execution with difficulty via traps so instead of having to keep playing a level over and over because you suck its because you haven't died to all the things you need to die to yet.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

SeXReX posted:

I love when platformers replace difficulty via execution with difficulty via traps so instead of having to keep playing a level over and over because you suck its because you haven't died to all the things you need to die to yet.

its funny

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

SeXReX posted:

you are a loving retard

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

its you vs the dev, you are trying to outthink the traps cuz you know they are there, so you second guess your actions a lot, its cool

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
traps rule, kaizo mario rules, the cat thing rules, IWBTG rules, it all rules, and gently caress that human being who said otherwise

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
SexRex you are on the official yodafuckingluke AV list, piece of poo poo!

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.

Yeah Im a big piece of poo poo cause I like to be rewarded for getting better at the game more than I like getting rewarded for having enough patience to find all the traps.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

do you throw your controllers

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

SeXReX posted:

Yeah Im a big piece of poo poo cause I like to be rewarded for getting better at the game more than I like getting rewarded for having enough patience to find all the traps.

go back to GBS

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.

elf help book posted:

do you throw your controllers

naw I just make weird mouth noises and bobble the controller around in my hands for a while. When something has me frustrated enough that im just rushing inputs and screwing up instead of being able to focus on executing I go for a run or do some work on my punching bag.

Usually I can keep myself from getting there by just taking a step back and laughing at my execution mistakes, generally while listening to https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EsTmbraWcns

SeXReX fucked around with this message at 17:00 on Nov 16, 2014

Thug Lessons
Dec 14, 2006

I lust in my heart for as many dead refugees as possible.

SeXReX posted:

naw I just make weird mouth noises and bobble the controller around in my hands for a while. When something has me frustrated enough that im just rushing inputs and screwing up instead of being able to focus on executing I go for a run or do some work on my punching bag.

Usually I can keep myself from getting there by just taking a step back and laughing at my execution mistakes, generally while listening to https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EsTmbraWcns

lmao

Thug Lessons
Dec 14, 2006

The hosed up rage gamer.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Thug Lessons
Dec 14, 2006

Sometimes games make me so f&%$ing mad I just start suplexing my dog and kicking holes in the drywall.

Zoq-Fot-Pik
Jun 27, 2008

Frungy!

Thug Lessons posted:

The hosed up rage gamer.

But Rocks Hurt Head
Jun 30, 2003

by Hand Knit
Pillbug
i never could beat clown car bowser/wart/dr wily, but i beat all the other bosses

iwbtg is a lot better designed than most of those other trap/kaizo games anyway

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

I wanna be the guy who throws this game in the trash.

But Rocks Hurt Head
Jun 30, 2003

by Hand Knit
Pillbug
imps what is your favorite 'super hard' platformer, traps or otherwise?

IWBTG is good but buggy as hell. i liked Super Meat Boy's level design but prefer the controls of N. Dustforce is the king of the genre imo but we've already gushed a bunch over it here.

i thought They Bleed Pixels was boring and too sparse. Electronic Super Joy was cool though.

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

But Rocks Hurt Head posted:

imps what is your favorite 'super hard' platformer, traps or otherwise?

IWBTG is good but buggy as hell. i liked Super Meat Boy's level design but prefer the controls of N. Dustforce is the king of the genre imo but we've already gushed a bunch over it here.

i thought They Bleed Pixels was boring and too sparse. Electronic Super Joy was cool though.

PewDuckPie- this game makes me go Fffffffuuuuuuuuuuuu

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
kaizo mario

But Rocks Hurt Head
Jun 30, 2003

by Hand Knit
Pillbug

Pewdiepie posted:

PewDuckPie- this game makes me go Fffffffuuuuuuuuuuuu

i'm going to play it right now

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Jak 2

Xexre
Jan 26, 2010

Elder Brother, you're so dreamy
:allears:

discount cathouse
Mar 25, 2009
Iz project: Remake THIS game to be about Polish jews in 1940, call it i wanna be the goi "

Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010
When I get piss as hell at a game I take a deep breath and walk the dog or do some dishes

Butt Ghost
Nov 23, 2013

I Wanna Be The Guy is something only 2000's kids will remember

Falsum
May 10, 2013

Crazy for the Bros
I don't like IWBTG very much, but no death playthroughs are still cool. Here's one by an insane guy:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TTEealbXCYw

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I once got told I looked like pdp

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Valex
Nov 28, 2009

~*fabulous*~

Pewdiepie posted:

I wanna be the guy who throws this game in the trash.

This would be difficult considering it's download-only and there are no physical copies

• Locked thread