Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Some Pinko Commie
Jun 9, 2009

CNC! Easy as 1️⃣2️⃣3️⃣!

Miltank posted:

Jesus sends the Holy Spirit and it speaks his words- not really sure how that makes him the lesser of the two.

Sorry, it's a King James fundamentalist thing (part of the reason they hate other versions of the Bible is they down play the Holy Ghost).

There are a bunch of sermons and web pages about it out there.

Also, books on the subject are all over the place, but this one has one of the most direct titles.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe

Miltank posted:

Jesus sends the Holy Spirit and it speaks his words- not really sure how that makes him the lesser of the two.

Come on, he's clearly talking about Muhammad.

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

SedanChair posted:

Come on, he's clearly talking about David Koresh.

ftfy

Big Mackson
Sep 26, 2009

Miltank posted:

29 But he that shall blaspheme against the Holy Ghost hath never forgiveness, but is in danger of eternal damnation:

30 Because they said, He hath an unclean spirit.

Here is what makes a difference.
Person A believes that the Holy Ghost (Spirit) is a sentient separate being from Jesus and Jehova (Lord Almighty).
Person B believes that the Holy Ghost (Spirit) is from Jehova (Lord Almighty) and is the power God is using and giving to others for its purpose.

These interpretations means a lot of things in the bible can be seen in different lights.
It wasnt until the fourth century that the Godhead became official dogma though.

Seraph84
Aug 9, 2015

by XyloJW
Last night I had another communion with Christ in my dreams - don't be alarmed he visits me often - we've been close friends for quite a long time.

Anywho, he instructed me to come here and tell you guys that all the males posting in this thread should get vasectomy operations ASAP. So, you're welcome I guess.

Some Pinko Commie
Jun 9, 2009

CNC! Easy as 1️⃣2️⃣3️⃣!

Michael Jackson posted:

29 But he that shall blaspheme against the Holy Ghost hath never forgiveness, but is in danger of eternal damnation:

30 Because they said, He hath an unclean spirit.

Here is what makes a difference.
Person A believes that the Holy Ghost (Spirit) is a sentient separate being from Jesus and Jehova (Lord Almighty).
Person B believes that the Holy Ghost (Spirit) is from Jehova (Lord Almighty) and is the power God is using and giving to others for its purpose.

These interpretations means a lot of things in the bible can be seen in different lights.
It wasnt until the fourth century that the Godhead became official dogma though.

Yeah, it was something about calling something God did a Bad Thing because of a claim that an Apostle drove out demons by the power of another demon or something.

So basically anyone that says God is a Monster for literally murdering babies or creating creatures that exist only to inflict pain on human beings (like the Loa loa parasites that can only survive in the eyeballs of their victims) is going to Hell, never passing Go, never collecting Grace.

Miltank
Dec 27, 2009

by XyloJW
Actually, that was God the Father and the Holy Spirit is something different.

Robotnik Nudes
Jul 8, 2013

Kyrie and Cows are dumb as hell but the atheists here are so reddity Dorkins level that it almost makes me want to believe in God.

Just not the God of Kyrie and CoC

Some Pinko Commie
Jun 9, 2009

CNC! Easy as 1️⃣2️⃣3️⃣!

Miltank posted:

Actually, that was God the Father and the Holy Spirit is something different.

Not for the mind-looping people that try to claim the whole Three-in-One God stuff (where the Father, Son and Holy Ghost are essentially split personalities of the same deity, without the negative connotations that brings).

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

Wade Wilson posted:

Not for the mind-looping people that try to claim the whole Three-in-One God stuff (where the Father, Son and Holy Ghost are essentially split personalities of the same deity, without the negative connotations that brings).
This doesn't seem to bother the Hindus but I believe the theological concept there is more or less that the various gods are emanations of the primal godliness with increasing levels of differentation as you move down the ladder.

Sort of like Catholicism but more honest and with more flying saucers.

Reaganball Z
Jun 21, 2007
Hybrid children watch the sea Pray for Father, roaming free
Considering that this thread stayed alive after Kyrie got banned it's clearly filling a need. Maybe that means he should be allowed to stay if he comes back?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rudatron
May 31, 2011

by Fluffdaddy
Only if he uses his main. I'm curious to see which 'yad superstar he is though.

• Locked thread