Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Solkanar512
Dec 28, 2006

by the sex ghost
Why can't God himself be bothered to respond in this thread? For an omnipotent being, it feels like such a minor inconvenience.

I'm dead serious here, why do you expect anyone to believe in a being who won't bother to make himself directly known to the world from time to time? I'm not that impressed with weeping statutes and marks on grilled cheese sandwiches.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Solkanar512
Dec 28, 2006

by the sex ghost

Kyrie eleison posted:

God is here, in this very thread, in the form of the Holy Spirit.

Bullshit, where? You never explained why god cannot be bothered to make himself known to the world in an obvious and unquestionable manner.

Is it really that much trouble for an omnipotent being to get booked for 10 minutes on Meet the Press or something?

Solkanar512
Dec 28, 2006

by the sex ghost

down with slavery posted:

He already did, Jesus!

Nobody watches Meet the Press so I'm not sure it would help much.

Not even God could raise their ratings? Ouch.

Solkanar512
Dec 28, 2006

by the sex ghost

Miltank posted:

e:Why is it so offensive to you that I don't think Mormons are Christians? You havn't been assuming that I want to enforce christian sharia law this whole time right?

It's also a really loving lovely thing to say to those of the Mormon faith. I mean come the gently caress on, with all the differences that exist all over the world and the past 2000 years of history, you're going to draw the line there? Really? They believe that Jesus Christ is their lord and savior, who the hell are you to judge further?

Solkanar512
Dec 28, 2006

by the sex ghost
Maybe if God made the effort to show his face to the works once in a while you clear up a few things you'd find the rest of us more likely to take the bible a little more seriously.

For a supposedly omnipotent being, it would be trivial to come down and say hi once in a generation or so.

• Locked thread