Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sancho
Jul 18, 2003

It's best to invoke his name after your team gets their poo poo pushed in in CoD or IRL

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sancho
Jul 18, 2003

Who was the first Christian? Sounds like the apostles/jesus wouldn't make your cut which makes sense to me.

Sancho
Jul 18, 2003

GAINING WEIGHT... posted:

"I just know" or "God told me" are not robust enough answers

I think it might be worse like "Some super rich guys that came 300 years after Jesus told me so in Nicea" bad.

edit:

quote:

"Resplendent in purple and gold, Constantine made a ceremonial entrance at the opening of the council, probably in early June, but respectfully seated the bishops ahead of himself."[16] As Eusebius described, Constantine "himself proceeded through the midst of the assembly, like some heavenly messenger of God, clothed in raiment which glittered as it were with rays of light, reflecting the glowing radiance of a purple robe, and adorned with the brilliant splendor of gold and precious stones".

lmao true Christians there in nicaea.

Sancho fucked around with this message at 19:44 on Nov 28, 2014

Sancho
Jul 18, 2003

Who wrote the gospels and why were they allowed to? Mark sure as gently caress didn't write the book of Mark and those books showed up decades after Jesus died. Joseph Smith was more in line with the early Christians for writing his own bullshit gospel actually.

Sancho
Jul 18, 2003

Reflects more on the men who wrote the poo poo. Paul, for example, was a psychopath.

Sancho
Jul 18, 2003

Yes read Job to learn God is a swell woman.

Sancho
Jul 18, 2003

For real though is the Jewish/christian god gay? At least the god I worship (Zeus) got some on the side with some human chicks & the Mormon god knocked up Mary. The normal old Christian god & Jesus seem to be huge closet cases in comparison. Did god break off jesus in some hermaphrodite-like ceremony?

Sancho
Jul 18, 2003

Effectronica posted:

If we accept that the disciple whom Jesus loved was John, son of Zebedee and not Mary Magdalene or Lazarus...

Not that I care it just makes way more sense that the Jewish/christian god is closet gay and anti-gay at the same time just like people IRL.

That or their god is a self-hating woman can't decide yet.

Sancho
Jul 18, 2003

Kyrie eleison posted:

Seriously, all of you atheists and agnostics need to take your Bible off the shelf and read the book of Matthew. Like, the whole thing. It's really not that long. And it's amazing. There is no work of literature you could read in your life that is more important.

Read it what a good book. Who wrote that again and when? Obviously an eye witness rite?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sancho
Jul 18, 2003

BrandorKP posted:

It's also the communal consensus. It's what the communities could get together about and all agree on. It's what most Christian believed, and importunately it addressed and responded to what most Christians rejected.

But it's also what you say it is too.

Which Christian communities were left out of the Niceaen meeting?

• Locked thread