Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Reznor
Jan 15, 2006

Hot dinosnail action.

Cavaradossi posted:

No. Faith is still necessary. Faith AND works AND grace.

What does that mean to people who are born but have no chance to have faith? Say all of the America's up until the colonies?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Reznor
Jan 15, 2006

Hot dinosnail action.

Cavaradossi posted:

847 This affirmation is not aimed at those who, through no fault of their own, do not know Christ and his Church:

Those who, through no fault of their own, do not know the Gospel of Christ or his Church, but who nevertheless seek God with a sincere heart, and, moved by grace, try in their actions to do his will as they know it through the dictates of their conscience - those too may achieve eternal salvation.

848 "Although in ways known to himself God can lead those who, through no fault of their own, are ignorant of the Gospel, to that faith without which it is impossible to please him, the Church still has the obligation and also the sacred right to evangelize all men."

I honestly wanted to have a reasonable response but that is so jive my teeth hurt. I can in no way imagine how those were stated with a straight face. I really have been sitting here trying to internalize these and it is impossible. This is honestly just meaningless political double talk. The first point is illogical. The second assumes the first then follows it with a non sequitur.

if 847 is true then there is no real point to the church.
848 is the equivalent of :wink:

• Locked thread