Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

schmarson posted:

SUBMISSION

My apologies in advance for your bleeding ears. :(

Well that woke up my kids, thanks a lot. :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a computer ghost
May 30, 2011

an unhackable cat???
The lack of a Frozen parody called "Ho Ho Ho" is outrageous, why hasn't someone with or without musical talent done this yet.

stillvisions
Oct 15, 2014

I really should have come up with something better before spending five bucks on this.

Tipps posted:

I ended up buying an otamatone deluxe because of this thread.

Probably one of the stupider purchases I've done in a while, but it will be entertaining for a little while I guess.

My work here is done then; glad to be a poor influence!

The regular ones are a lot of fun to play with, but I gotta get a deluxe one sometime. The first regular otamatone I bought was broken (each setting gave less than an octave range, which makes it impossible to play anything on them) and the second one is getting pretty beat up from my concertos.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Could I do a song as Rick and Morty? I had an idea for something else, but I can easily appropriate it here.

Grammarchist
Jan 28, 2013

SUBMISSION

I need to corner the priest at Christmas Mass this year and confess. This is nigh unforgivable.

Grammarchist fucked around with this message at 15:34 on Dec 12, 2014

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Grammarchist posted:

SUBMISSION

I need to corner the priest at Christmas Mass this year and confess. This is nigh unforgivable.

Oh my god, this is appalling.

Good work.

Grammarchist
Jan 28, 2013

SUBMISSION

The Muse is upon me. Quick, someone get it off.

RaceFat
Jul 12, 2004
SUBMISSION:

I submitted a couple of tracks last year, so I decided to push myself to do it again. Really poppy, but it descends into some madness in the bridge and the ending. I'll attach the lyrics too since I'm still learning how to properly mix vocals. Made this one basically safe for work. I'm tired of tweaking minuscule details, so here it is!

Lyrics posted:

It's Christmas time
And it's gonna get hot
Wanna wrap your body
Put my coal in your sock

Such nasty dreams
Reindeer in the dark
I forgot you don't like when I talk this way
I made a mistake, I'm gonna stop, okay?

I can't wait to spend time together
Locked indoors during inclement weather
Tensions rise and nothing gets better
To tell you the truth, I hate the holidays with you

Oh, I know we're gonna keep on fighting
And meither of us ever hides it
No time for holiday cheer
Gonna try not to cause a Christmas argument
This year

It's Christmas time
But nothing's going on
You won't sit beside me
You won't tell me what's wrong

Guests are arriving
It's almost noon
Can I just say sorry, can we please move on?
I'm sick of this Christmas battleground

I can't wait to spend time together
Locked indoors during inclement weather
Tensions rise and nothing gets better
To tell you the truth, I hate the holidays with you

Neither of us ever hides it
Gonna try not to cause a Christmas argument
This year

Neither of us ever hide it
Can you try not to cause a Christmas argument?
This year

a computer ghost
May 30, 2011

an unhackable cat???

Grammarchist posted:

SUBMISSION

Unforgivably awesome, what a jolly rear end Santa

schmarson
Dec 21, 2012

MY DUDES

Ultra Carp

Grammarchist posted:

SUBMISSION

Omg I'm dying!

EDIT:

RaceFat posted:

SUBMISSION:

I submitted a couple of tracks last year, so I decided to push myself to do it again. Really poppy, but it descends into some madness in the bridge and the ending. I'll attach the lyrics too since I'm still learning how to properly mix vocals. Made this one basically safe for work. I'm tired of tweaking minuscule details, so here it is!

This one is pretty sweet! Great job!

schmarson fucked around with this message at 20:24 on Dec 12, 2014

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

gently caress it, I need to do an entry one of these years, and I have absolutely horrifying lyrics. The problem; they go with a an old 60's French song, and I only have the "with lyrics" version of the song (I found a Karaoke version but it's not workable). Can anyone who's willing to either:

- Equalize the vocals out, if it's even possible
- Compose a quick "karaoke backing track" version of the song

Send me a PM?

I may have solved this (not in the proposed way at this time, unfortunately).

univbee fucked around with this message at 22:34 on Dec 12, 2014

Scudworth
Jan 1, 2005

When life gives you lemons, you clone those lemons, and make super lemons.

Dinosaur Gum

univbee posted:

gently caress it, I need to do an entry one of these years, and I have absolutely horrifying lyrics. The problem; they go with a an old 60's French song, and I only have the "with lyrics" version of the song (I found a Karaoke version but it's not workable). Can anyone who's willing to either:

- Equalize the vocals out, if it's even possible
- Compose a quick "karaoke backing track" version of the song

Send me a PM?

I think you should record yourself doing the music a capella or just humming or find a kazoo.

I Greyhound
Apr 22, 2008

MusicKrew Dawn Patrol

RaceFat posted:

SUBMISSION:

Oh god help me I'm trapped in the 80's again!

Hometown Slime Queen
Oct 26, 2004

the GOAT

RaceFat posted:

SUBMISSION:

This one is really good

lotion
Feb 15, 2011

This road leads directly to the airport, Hannibal

Grammarchist posted:

SUBMISSION

For some reason I'm picturing Morgan Freeman singing this.

Stellar.

DwarfWoot
Oct 31, 2013
Hello!
Sorry this is so late, I've been really busy this year and forgot to look for the thread.

If anyone is able to sing this for me, that'd be awesome. If it's too short of notice, it's cool.
Anyway, here's my contribution this year:

CHRISTMAS TIME!

Christmas time!
It is here
Such a jolly time of year!

Christmas time!
Join along
Everyone can sing this song!

Christmas time!
Tell your friends
They've got Christmas cards to send!

Christmas time!
C'mon let's go
Play together in the snow!

Christmas time!
Get the tree
Light it up for all to see!

Christmas time!
Decorate
It's a time to celebrate!

Christmas time!
Hang the lights
Such a beauty in the night!

Christmas time!
Joy to all
Get together, have a ball!

Christmas time!
Gifts to give
Happiness to all that live!

Christmas time!
Spread the cheer!
Hope you have a great New Year!

Edit:

Grammarchist posted:

SUBMISSION

This is possibly one of my new favorite Songs. Beautiful.

DwarfWoot fucked around with this message at 02:57 on Dec 13, 2014

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Grammarchist posted:

SUBMISSION

Ho!

RaceFat posted:

SUBMISSION:

I enjoyed the 80s feel on this one. Nice!

Vlathanos
Oct 12, 2009
Submission:

story behind this was it was made for last year but it never got released me and my brother wanted to cover more platinum game songs and maybe do a whole album but got lazy and this is the only song we did

onionmaster
Oct 11, 2012

RaceFat posted:

SUBMISSION:

This is legitimately good. I could imagine it actually being a hit. And I love the mad pitch shifted parts. It reminds me strongly of Gregg Alexander's style of songwriting.

I really wanna know what you use to make it sound so good too.

RaceFat
Jul 12, 2004
Thanks everyone for the comments! I've been pretty seriously making music/trying to make it in music for a few years now, so this is basically all I do all the time. I really like doing things with a theme on occasion, so this project is a lot of fun.

onionmaster posted:

This is legitimately good. I could imagine it actually being a hit. And I love the mad pitch shifted parts. It reminds me strongly of Gregg Alexander's style of songwriting.

I really wanna know what you use to make it sound so good too.

I won't go too crazy into detail about the gear I'm using, but basically I've got a decent vocal mic (Shure KSM32), Rokit 8 studio monitors, an Apollo Quad recording interface, and a whole bunch of analog gear simulating plugins that work with it (like compressors and tape machines). I use Ableton Live for all of my recording (started learning on it, so I stuck with it), and I do a little bit of mastering with iZotope Ozone. Basically a bunch of stuff I've been accumulating and upgrading over the years. And then some guitars and synth plugins and all the usual stuff too.

Overall, it's actually a fairly basic production setup because I don't have any patience when I get an idea. I just want it done/captured ASAP so I can move on.

My non-joke music is usually mixed by a pro guy that I work with, but my joke stuff has always just been done by me. And Gregg Alexander is great. Super underrated guy in the industry.

I can post some links to some other stuff I've done if you're interested. I just don't want to hijack this thread too much. Maybe a tiny bit though. ;)

my cat is norris
Mar 11, 2010

#onecallcat

DwarfWoot posted:

Hello!
Sorry this is so late, I've been really busy this year and forgot to look for the thread.

If anyone is able to sing this for me, that'd be awesome. If it's too short of notice, it's cool.

I will totally sing this!

Krotera
Jun 16, 2013

I AM INTO MATHEMATICAL CALCULATIONS AND MANY METHODS USED IN THE STOCK MARKET
SUBMISSION
Santa's been a bad boy on the dance floors of Cuba!

Oh, and before I forget,
Arriba: http://www.freesound.org/people/ignotus/sounds/26096/
Spank: http://www.freesound.org/people/junkfood2121/sounds/204805/
Crying: http://www.freesound.org/people/panikko/sounds/144473/
Santa: http://www.freesound.org/people/canucklovingbrit/sounds/110641/
"Cabron" guy: I don't know! Let me know if you find him.

Krotera fucked around with this message at 22:57 on Dec 13, 2014

DwarfWoot
Oct 31, 2013

my cat is norris posted:

Can't wait to hear it!
One day I will get a decent microphone (And some vocal talent) and actually be able to upload more than just lyrics.

my cat is norris
Mar 11, 2010

#onecallcat

my cat is norris posted:

I will totally have time to record something tomorrow. Did you have any melody in mind, or can I make it up?

stillvisions
Oct 15, 2014

I really should have come up with something better before spending five bucks on this.
What the hell, another seasonally appropriate old track...

SUBMISSION

The Little Dubstep Boy (Carol of the Wubs)
https://soundcloud.com/stillvisions/the-little-dubstep-boy-carol

What happens when I forcibly mate a holiday classic with an purposely obnoxious remix attempt. I made this one while learning Ableton Live, figured it's worth a share here if people feel it fits the album theme if people don't mind me cheating by dumping old tracks here. All holiday tracks from now on will have to be new.

Remix of https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DT1fA59oH7Q

simplefish
Mar 28, 2011

So long, and thanks for all the fish gallbladdΣrs!

stillvisions posted:

What the hell, another seasonally appropriate old track...

SUBMISSION

The Little Dubstep Boy (Carol of the Wubs)
https://soundcloud.com/stillvisions/the-little-dubstep-boy-carol

What happens when I forcibly mate a holiday classic with an purposely obnoxious remix attempt. I made this one while learning Ableton Live, figured it's worth a share here if people feel it fits the album theme if people don't mind me cheating by dumping old tracks here. All holiday tracks from now on will have to be new.

Remix of https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DT1fA59oH7Q

I think as long as it hasn't been on a goon christmas album you should be fine. But this is the first year I've heard about the album.

e: also nice job on the remix!

T. W. Forsthye
Aug 27, 2009
SUBMISSION
Sorry I'm late. Here's some Christmas classics for you to enjoy.

Christmas exultation for minor demons in the key of S

We Three Kings

Oh Come All Ye Faithful

Haschel Cedricson
Jan 4, 2006

Brinkmanship

simplefish posted:

I think as long as it hasn't been on a goon christmas album you should be fine. But this is the first year I've heard about the album.

e: also nice job on the remix!

That is indeed correct.

I'm going to start working on track order now, but submissions are still open.

my cat is norris
Mar 11, 2010

#onecallcat

I'll do my best to get my co-submission in tonight, but I'm currently out in shopping hell, so I can't promise that I'll make the final deadline. :(

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Couldn't get my original idea done in time (took me forever to find my Yeti) so I went with a quick-and-dirty Plan B I'm already regretting due to probably not being able to speak for the rest of tonight.

Tindeck isn't creating an account for me either, so I stick my submission on Mega.

https://mega.co.nz/#!SU9hWbCR!3LQUHmJImlKQk2_20eyycV6EYZTUnvf5XKxRRgnnSZc

Toothy
Jan 30, 2006

There's treasure everywhere!
Last-minute submission! :nms:

All I Want For Christmas Is Food

edit: http://youtu.be/HbNp52tPb84

Toothy fucked around with this message at 05:23 on Dec 15, 2014

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

GET LOSE, YOU CAN'T COMPARE WITH MY POWERS

Toothy posted:

Last-minute submission! :nms:

All I Want For Christmas Is Food

This rules.

UZworm
Feb 9, 2009

Young wild Elsweyrian
C'mon baby, do you have a soul gem
:siren: LAST MINUTE SUBMISSION :siren:

Simplefish came up with the lyrics for this, and here's my shot at the HARDCORE GAY SEX version of Santa Baby that sprang from his mind.

simplefish
Mar 28, 2011

So long, and thanks for all the fish gallbladdΣrs!

UZworm posted:

:siren: LAST MINUTE SUBMISSION :siren:

Simplefish came up with the lyrics for this, and here's my shot at the HARDCORE GAY SEX version of Santa Baby that sprang from his mind.

It's more than I could have dreamed of!

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
Sorry to disappoint, but no song from me this year.

Vlathanos
Oct 12, 2009
LAST MINUTE SUBMISSION

sorry about sound quality not good at seperating vocals from the original track

Haschel Cedricson
Jan 4, 2006

Brinkmanship

Sorry, everyone; yesterday wound up being much busier than I thought. The new estimated release time for the album is this evening after I get home from work.

my cat is norris
Mar 11, 2010

#onecallcat

I'm going to add to the list of apologies and say SORRY for not being able to record those lyrics yesterday, DwarfWoot! :( I don't know if I'll get under the wire today or not, but if not, I will still put together something for next year's album.

Haschel Cedricson
Jan 4, 2006

Brinkmanship

Alright, minor technical difficulties, so it'll be one more day.

As consolation, here's a last-minute track I made for the album:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

derp
Jan 21, 2010

when i get up all i want to do is go to bed again

Lipstick Apathy
please keep having technical difficulties, tia

• Locked thread