Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
derp
Jan 21, 2010

when i get up all i want to do is go to bed again

Lipstick Apathy
seriously haschel your songs are all really great. do you have a website or band or something or other music to share?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

you can actually inflate your scrote pretty safely with sterile saline, syringes, needles, and aseptic technique. its a niche kink iirc

the saline just slowly gets absorbed into your blood but in the meantime you got a big round smooth distended nutsack

christmas man

cheistmas man

cheistmeas cheistmas christmas man

schmarson
Dec 21, 2012

MY DUDES

Ultra Carp
:siren:LAST-MINUTE SUBMISSION! :siren:

Since the album is being delayed another day, I recorded DwarfWoot's song in hopes it can still be part of this year's album.

Tetris Attack - Yoshi's Stage. Forgive me, Nintendo :ohdear:

DwarfWoot posted:

Hello!
Sorry this is so late, I've been really busy this year and forgot to look for the thread.

If anyone is able to sing this for me, that'd be awesome. If it's too short of notice, it's cool.
Anyway, here's my contribution this year:

CHRISTMAS TIME!

Christmas time!
It is here
Such a jolly time of year!

Christmas time!
Join along
Everyone can sing this song!

Christmas time!
Tell your friends
They've got Christmas cards to send!

Christmas time!
C'mon let's go
Play together in the snow!

Christmas time!
Get the tree
Light it up for all to see!

Christmas time!
Decorate
It's a time to celebrate!

Christmas time!
Hang the lights
Such a beauty in the night!

Christmas time!
Joy to all
Get together, have a ball!

Christmas time!
Gifts to give
Happiness to all that live!

Christmas time!
Spread the cheer!
Hope you have a great New Year!

onionmaster
Oct 11, 2012

OMGVBFLOL posted:

christmas man

cheistmas man

cheistmeas cheistmas christmas man

:dance:

my cat is norris
Mar 11, 2010

#onecallcat

schmarson posted:

:siren:LAST-MINUTE SUBMISSION! :siren:

Since the album is being delayed another day, I recorded DwarfWoot's song in hopes it can still be part of this year's album.

Tetris Attack - Yoshi's Stage. Forgive me, Nintendo :ohdear:

Yay, thank you!

This is silly. Also you picked a way more fun melody than I would have.

I.C.
Jun 10, 2008

This is my favorite still. I want to buy this on an actual CD though.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=puTsbvGEK68

:drac:

e:

A TIE?

I.C. fucked around with this message at 04:15 on Dec 17, 2014

my cat is norris
Mar 11, 2010

#onecallcat

Haschel Cedricson posted:

Alright, minor technical difficulties, so it'll be one more day.

As consolation, here's a last-minute track I made for the album:

This was actually very cute and I loved it.

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat

Elephant posted:

I'm so sorry.

SUBMISSION

Chris Mas

I just ordered my half-sister's present through Amazon and put this on the gift message slip. Thank you so much for making this thing; she's going to love it.

DwarfWoot
Oct 31, 2013
Sorry for not being here in a few days, I've been really busy with work and going to bed the minute my shifts have been ending.

schmarson posted:

Oh my god this is great. Thank you for bringing life to this monster lol

my cat is norris posted:

I'm going to add to the list of apologies and say SORRY for not being able to record those lyrics yesterday, DwarfWoot! :( I don't know if I'll get under the wire today or not, but if not, I will still put together something for next year's album.
No worries! I'm thrilled you even thought about doing it.

Haschel Cedricson
Jan 4, 2006

Brinkmanship

Alright, everything took longer than I thought, but everything is uploaded!

Download "Hollycaust" here!

Excellent job, everyone; there are some real standout tracks this year.

Scudworth
Jan 1, 2005

When life gives you lemons, you clone those lemons, and make super lemons.

Dinosaur Gum

3 of the files have tag issues, and one's still a .wav (unless that was on purpose...)

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Scudworth posted:

3 of the files have tag issues, and one's still a .wav (unless that was on purpose...)

I remember (for the 2012 album) taking a shitload of time working on the order of the tracks, the tagging, and a bit of volume normalising. I tried to treat it as much as an actual album release as possible, which really could have benefitted from having the original wav versions of all of the tracks to begin with, but there was pretty much no way I was going to be getting those from every submitter.

That being said, I commend you, Haschel, for your efforts; it can definitely be a pain,and it sucks when stuff gets missed, especially after uploading.

queef anxiety
Mar 4, 2009

yeah

:toot:

Haschel Cedricson
Jan 4, 2006

Brinkmanship

Scudworth posted:

Dammit, they appeared fine in ITunes.

watho
Aug 2, 2013

The real world will, again tomorrow, function and run without me.

Didn't manage to get my song done in time, oh well, hopefully next time.

Nekodoshi
Aug 4, 2007

I'm only as smart as the content of my posts.
Hey, i just downloaded this in my phone and used Rar for Android to open it, but none of the tracks make any sound. Any suggestions?

ChlamydiaJones
Sep 27, 2002

My Estonian riding instructor told me; "Mine munni ahvi türa imeja", and I live by that every day!
Ramrod XTreme
7unzipped and no problems for me!

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

you can actually inflate your scrote pretty safely with sterile saline, syringes, needles, and aseptic technique. its a niche kink iirc

the saline just slowly gets absorbed into your blood but in the meantime you got a big round smooth distended nutsack

Dammit, they appeared fine in ITunes.

Well I'm using iTunes and I had the same problem. CHRISTMAS IS RUINED HASCHEL

Lifepuzzler
Nov 5, 2009
Whats the order at least, so we can retag it and stuff?

Haschel Cedricson
Jan 4, 2006

Brinkmanship

Red Sleigh is Disc 1, track 4. Polar Express is Disc 1, Track 5. Jaden yo is Disc 1, track 24.

Laphroaig
Feb 6, 2004

Drinking Smoke
Dinosaur Gum

RaceFat posted:

SUBMISSION:

I submitted a couple of tracks last year, so I decided to push myself to do it again. Really poppy, but it descends into some madness in the bridge and the ending. I'll attach the lyrics too since I'm still learning how to properly mix vocals. Made this one basically safe for work. I'm tired of tweaking minuscule details, so here it is!

this album is for BAD songs not good ones

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

Laphroaig posted:

this album is for BAD songs not good ones

you must not be familiar with He'll Bring You Coal, Befallen This Christmas, or Lunar Christmas from last year's album

great job this year everyone! this fuckin' rules. sorry I couldn't contribute another literal fart song; i am but a man

Cactus Ghost fucked around with this message at 22:03 on Dec 18, 2014

Lifepuzzler
Nov 5, 2009
I have fixed the tags (and tag errors) and can share via google drive if anyone cares.

Lifepuzzler fucked around with this message at 04:08 on Dec 19, 2014

Atoramos
Aug 31, 2003

Jim's now a Blind Cave Salamander!

Did anyone ever track down the first three years worth of albums? These are fantastic.

Penguissimo
Apr 7, 2007

Atoramos posted:

Did anyone ever track down the first three years worth of albums? These are fantastic.

I have them at home and would be glad to upload them if they don't turn up!

Atoramos
Aug 31, 2003

Jim's now a Blind Cave Salamander!

That would be great, looks like I have a lot to catch up on. These songs are incredible, songs like House of the Red Nosed Reindeer, Let it Ho, All I Want For Christmas Is Food, Mr. Santa, top notch.

edit: V Thank you very much.

Atoramos fucked around with this message at 04:29 on Dec 19, 2014

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Atoramos posted:

I posted them a while ago, but they're on my site - > http://www.robotcousin.com/audio/awful-xmas-2012

Lifepuzzler
Nov 5, 2009
here it is if anyone cares

with fixed tags or whatever

West SAAB Story
Mar 13, 2014

by Athanatos

(and can't post for 247 days!)

I had "Christmas Lobotomy" running through my head while setting up the tree, and when I finally got it to go away, "A Very Good Christmas Party" replaced it. :psyduck:

Today, of course, it's Santa Gay.

Oh poo poo, I forgot Rockhogs' "Das Sexy Raindeer Dance". That's gonna be stuck for awhile.

simplefish
Mar 28, 2011

So long, and thanks for all the fish gallbladdΣrs!

Viggen posted:

I had "Christmas Lobotomy" running through my head while setting up the tree, and when I finally got it to go away, "A Very Good Christmas Party" replaced it. :psyduck:

Today, of course, it's Santa Gay.

Glad we could be of service!

onionmaster
Oct 11, 2012
Superb album this year guys. Never heard Master Of The North Pole before, excellent - hilarious (Swedish by any chance?).

I figured people putting this on CD-R might like a backcover for it, and even to those who aren't it's a good place to quickly see the tracklisting. It should fit a standard 2CD case.

my cat is norris
Mar 11, 2010

#onecallcat

Excellent work all around.

West SAAB Story
Mar 13, 2014

by Athanatos

(and can't post for 247 days!)

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

I remember (for the 2012 album) taking a shitload of time working on the order of the tracks, the tagging, and a bit of volume normalising. I tried to treat it as much as an actual album release as possible, which really could have benefitted from having the original wav versions of all of the tracks to begin with, but there was pretty much no way I was going to be getting those from every submitter.

That being said, I commend you, Haschel, for your efforts; it can definitely be a pain,and it sucks when stuff gets missed, especially after uploading.

Not to harp on this, but this is the first collection I actually found myself physically reaching for the volume knob for (despite buttons on the steering), because it didn't really have any cohesive volume between the songs. Thanks for getting this together and bringing it to us.

Haschel, I had 3 of your songs on my 'mix tape CD' yesterday when I had to drive the parental unit to a doctor out of town. "He'll bring you coal" was a favorite. By the time we got there, "Ho Ho Ho (Its Christmas Time)" was actually being hummed aloud- and not by me. It played one time. :psyduck: Somehow, CDBurnerXP didn't tell me I accidentally stuck two "Das Sexy Reindeer Danz" on it, so I heard it four times. No complaints. :dance:

Hoshi
Jan 20, 2013

:wrongcity:
I haven't read the thread in great detail, but if anyone wants the past abums and knows how to liberate them from my iPhone, I'd be happy to upload them.

e: gently caress the site I got them from is back up. Whoops.

Hoshi fucked around with this message at 19:51 on Dec 20, 2014

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Viggen posted:

Not to harp on this, but this is the first collection I actually found myself physically reaching for the volume knob for (despite buttons on the steering), because it didn't really have any cohesive volume between the songs. Thanks for getting this together and bringing it to us.

Haschel, I had 3 of your songs on my 'mix tape CD' yesterday when I had to drive the parental unit to a doctor out of town. "He'll bring you coal" was a favorite. By the time we got there, "Ho Ho Ho (Its Christmas Time)" was actually being hummed aloud- and not by me. It played one time. :psyduck: Somehow, CDBurnerXP didn't tell me I accidentally stuck two "Das Sexy Reindeer Danz" on it, so I heard it four times. No complaints. :dance:

No, harp away! It was far from perfect, and there's just so much I can do with songs that weren't recorded/produced with the same or similar levels of care (and some not at all). I tried not to change many of the tracks, as even adjusting an mp3's volume means re-encoding which I absolutely hated doing. I remember Farmer Hank's Carol of the Bells cover was wonderfully too loud, and Koivunen's (sp?) "A little Fall of Snow" was barely audible, so some adjustments were made when they could be.

Scudworth
Jan 1, 2005

Dinosaur Gum

Alright, minor technical difficulties, so it'll be one more day.

As consolation, here's a last-minute track I made for the album:

This is almost as adorable as the Muppets original and it's killing me :3:

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat
If the volume levels are a problem, this tool can normalize MP3 files without re-encoding them; I can't remember the last time that I made a mix disk without it.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Sham bam bamina! posted:

If the volume levels are a problem, this tool can normalize MP3 files without re-encoding them; I can't remember the last time that I made a mix disk without it.

Good to know! Aside from goons just recording their stuff better (:argh:) and/or sending an original wav file, this looks to be the best option! Thanks!

I Greyhound
Apr 22, 2008

MusicKrew Dawn Patrol

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

Good to know! Aside from goons just recording their stuff better (:argh:) and/or sending an original wav file, this looks to be the best option! Thanks!

You dare suggest that a Call of Duty 2 headset in a basement with the heat off so the heater noise doesn't swamp out the sound isn't up to Goon Christmas standards?

Actually it might be nice to have a quick primer for people with ideas but not practice for next year.

Things like:
If there's a mic out there for vocals that is better than a headset or lifecam but not expensive,
if there is "one wierd trick for recording quality" (I had a lot of background hiss, but couldn't get audacity's hiss reduction working well enough to satisfy.)
I had stumbled through multi tracking with audacity last year (though for some reason every additional track ends up with a delay that has to be manually adjusted.)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scudworth
Jan 1, 2005

Dinosaur Gum
I found a good sound proof + hiss/echo free recording area is the inside of a car @ 3am or so.

• Locked thread