Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Srice
Sep 11, 2011

i can't wait for them to announce that they won't finish it, it's gonna be epic

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Zwiftef posted:

Yea, It isn't very expensive but I dunno. The amount of doublefine hate in this thread is hilarious though, if I didn't know better I'd assume Tim Schafer was a female developer.

this is my favorite post in the thread so far

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Eonwe posted:

i only barely looked at the games thread but fuckin' lol

But Rocks Hurt Head
Jun 30, 2003

by Hand Knit
Pillbug

Srice posted:

i only barely looked at the games thread but fuckin' lol

Gwaint posted:

It IS 100% playable from beginning to end, so it's technically finished already. They just need to address some bugs and balancing issues and implement class hybrids.

Sir John Feelgood
Nov 18, 2009

Massive Chalice.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Yes, I too love Double Fine's hit new game, Big Gulp.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

that gwaint post is my new favorite

lmao

bone emulator
Nov 3, 2005

Wrrroavr

It looks really bad sry famous video game developer brad muir of double fine

discount cathouse
Mar 25, 2009
double fine and telltale games are fail, and aids.

Thug Lessons
Dec 14, 2006

I lust in my heart for as many dead refugees as possible.
It looks a lot better than what I'd expect from these ppl but I probably won't play it anyway.

Ostentatious
Sep 29, 2010

is the chalice as massive as advertised y/n?

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

Is it fascism yet posted:

double fine and telltale games are fail, and aids.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

i bought, played it and am enjoying it... good day, sir! *puts top hat on, jumps of cliff*

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012
idiot asshole bitch who should fuck off
I own this game.

Under the vegetable
Nov 2, 2004

by Smythe
double fine presents: big container

Heran Bago
Aug 18, 2006

Ostentatious posted:

is the chalice as massive as advertised y/n?

Shifty gimbal
Dec 28, 2008

Hey you... I got something to tell ya
Biscuit Hider
The chalice can't possibly be big enough to meet my size expectations

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Gimbal lock posted:

The chalice can't possibly be big enough to meet my size expectations

Its not the size that matters its how you use it

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Eonwe posted:

Its not the size that matters its how you use it
You have to fill it full of the gamer's drink, Mountain Dew, or as we call it, 'Tain 'Ew.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

Eonwe posted:

lol

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!
I'm sure it will be just as good as every other early access double fine game, OP.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
Hey remind me if they started making GBS threads the bed and revealing themselves to be totally unable to manage anything no matter how much money we dump into them during or after the kickstarter, because I wanna know if I was a normal idiot for KSing a game or a super idiot for KSing a game by a company of nothing but sadness and false promises.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Tatum Girlparts posted:

Hey remind me if they started making GBS threads the bed and revealing themselves to be totally unable to manage anything no matter how much money we dump into them during or after the kickstarter, because I wanna know if I was a normal idiot for KSing a game or a super idiot for KSing a game by a company of nothing but sadness and false promises.

even bobby kotick fell for it once

Sir John Feelgood
Nov 18, 2009

I'm a chalice size queen.

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

Sizeable Goblet
Heavy Grail
Tall Glass
Big Stein

D Cup

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Sir John Feelgood posted:

I'm a chalice size queen.

please don't chaliceshame

MarioTeachesWiping
Nov 1, 2006

by XyloJW
i'm tired of double fine's yearly silly game that tries to recpature the magic of stuff like monkey island

just leave that to telltale, assuming they ever get done making licensed interactive novellas

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord

elf help book posted:

even bobby kotick fell for it once
Bobby Kotick was right.

Bobby The Rookie
Jun 2, 2005

I feel weird because everyone's super mad and cynical about Double Fine now and I just legitimately don't give a poo poo about what they did. I have no more ill will nor more good will for them than I had prior to this mess they've made. Am I a gamer sociopath?

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Tatum Girlparts posted:

this is the kickstarted game they started a little bit after broken age

in hindsight the warning signs were there because they kickstarted this while broken age was hella early in development, but i can't blame you since it was before people realized that big kickstarters can horribly backfire

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!
It was pretty amazing double fine managed to get 3.3 million dollars without displaying any art assets, concepts, or even a title, just a double fine logo, a little speech about how they planned to 'revive' a genre that never died, and tons of whiny tweets from Tim Schafer about how those big mean publishers just, like, don't understand, man!!!

Falsum
May 10, 2013

Crazy for the Bros

Lumpy the Cook posted:

It was pretty amazing double fine managed to get 3.3 million dollars without displaying any art assets, concepts, or even a title, just a double fine logo, a little speech about how they planned to 'revive' a genre that never died, and tons of whiny tweets from Tim Schafer about how those big mean publishers just, like, don't understand, man!!!

People really wanted an old-school adventure game by the guy who helped make some of the best ones.

And then he made Broken Age, lol

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Bobby The Rookie posted:

I feel weird because everyone's super mad and cynical about Double Fine now and I just legitimately don't give a poo poo about what they did. I have no more ill will nor more good will for them than I had prior to this mess they've made. Am I a gamer sociopath?

ive been making fun of them since before broken age

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Great Joe posted:

Sizeable Goblet
Heavy Grail
Tall Glass
Big Stein

D Cup
Win Big Stein's Money

Bobby The Rookie
Jun 2, 2005

elf help book posted:

ive been making fun of them since before broken age
I can respect that.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Double NOT Fine: Why you'd have to be psycho-NUTS to pay for one of these games!

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Lumpy the Cook posted:

kickstarter is perfect for the people that think publishers are bullies that only want to crush their ~creative vision~ and heck, there's a lot of people like that with money to burn

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

if i ever buy another double fine game, i'll probably wait til it's been properly out for a few months. make sure they finished it and it doesn't crash all the time.

DoubleDonut
Oct 22, 2010

Fallen Rib

FactsAreUseless posted:

Win Big Stein's Money

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

FactsAreUseless posted:

Win Big Stein's Money

Big Stein's Earlyccessed, no full game allowed