Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mr.Acula
May 10, 2009

Billions and billions of fat clouds

the force unleashed

:cawg:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sir John Feelgood
Nov 18, 2009

Why what hte gently caress happened.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

I got it as a christmas gift does that count

Dec 26, 2012

idgi

A cool damn horse
Jan 25, 2009

Dec 26, 2012

man i bet those people who bought a game 6 years ago feel pretty owned right about now

also

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

the new star wars film title actually reminded me of this game and it was really greta playing it so late at night all those years ago.

Bobby The Rookie
Jun 2, 2005

My friend bought The Force Unleashed for full price so we could play it on my 360 because he didn't own one himself. Was a cool dude, pretty fun game.

Mr.Acula
May 10, 2009

Billions and billions of fat clouds

any star wars game where you cant cut through anything with your light saber is dumb

also why can I pick up star destroyers with the force but not at-sts or 8 foot tall storm troopers

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

the fact that you didnt play as vader for the whole game sucked

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

PringleCreamEgg
Jul 2, 2004

Sleep, rest, do your best.
The demo level was great and then every level after that was jumping puzzles and enemies immune to force powers so it was me, the fool who bought it and was owned.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

PringleCreamEgg posted:

The demo level was great and then every level after that was jumping puzzles and enemies immune to force powers so it was me, the fool who bought it and was owned.

e: the first level of TF2 also owned really hard and there are new mechanics like counters and you think "oh wow this might actually be a fun ride" but yeah thank god lucasarts is dead

darealkooky
Sep 15, 2011

You sayin' I like dubs?!?

dr.acula posted:

any star wars game where you cant cut through anything with your light saber is dumb

this is one of the many reasons jedi outcast is objectively the best star wars game

MarioTeachesWiping
Nov 1, 2006

by XyloJW
i did because i couldn't stop throwing stormtroopers around in the demo

turns out i would've been happy with the demo. the environments were pretty at least and the opening level with vader and wookies is awesome

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

i remember the last level of the game immediately threw you into a room full of multiples of every annoying enemy and if you were still for a split second youd get loving blown into space, and the enemies would just keep respawning forever while you had to stand still and slowly force a gate open

then there was the darth maul fight where he had a 100% unavoidable saber throw and a giant combo that would slaughter you, while all of your powers had no effect on him

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

dr.acula posted:

the force unleashed

:cawg:

Star Wars games.... :(

Mach2
Feb 28, 2014
I did not pay full price for The Force Unleashed, and my friend bought me the sequel, but I did enjoy both games enough to warrant the money I did spend.

Zoq-Fot-Pik
Jun 27, 2008

Frungy!
Ah, the "lol if" meme. *Breath's in the meme like it's fresh scented air.*

Zoq-Fot-Pik
Jun 27, 2008

Frungy!

Schnedwob
Feb 28, 2014

my legs are okay

Zoq-Fot-Pik posted:

Not only "lol if", but in fact "lol if you". A spicy little addition to the meme that adds nuance and complexity. Shoot a hole in my face and then poop in it, please

Dec 26, 2012

darealkooky posted:

this is one of the many reasons jedi outcast is objectively the best star wars game

full dismemberment cheat was the poo poo

Mach2 posted:

I did not pay full price for The Force Unleashed, and my friend bought me the sequel, but I did enjoy both games enough to warrant the money I did spend.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

Mc Do Well
Aug 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Did they ever fix the PC version or does it still crash when you try to pull down the Star Destroyer?

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

McDowell posted:

Did they ever fix the PC version or does it still crash when you try to pull down the Star Destroyer?

they never even added in resolution options for TF1 so no

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Zoq-Fot-Pik posted:

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

01011001 posted:

full dismemberment cheat was the poo poo

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

ForeverSmug
Oct 9, 2012

Demo was the only good level except maybe the death star.

I pulled those big laser rings down and stacked them around a walker to trap it.

cool biRd pics
Aug 28, 2009

you will feel ashamed of your words & deeds
when i was in highschool i paid full money (AUS even) for red alert 3

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

cool biRd pics posted:

when i was in highschool i paid full money (AUS even) for red alert 3

a good purchase

• Locked thread