Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Heran Bago
Aug 18, 2006

NNID: heranbago

I'll be getting it a week late.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Heran Bago
Aug 18, 2006

I'm collecting these Amiibo glory/horror stories for an Amiibo thread that no one asked for.

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3683298

Heran Bago
Aug 18, 2006

Does anyone have a spoilerific guide on hand for how to unlock all the characters and levels?

Heran Bago
Aug 18, 2006

Thanks for the sweet tips.

I kind of want to unlock all the characters the hard way but I'll probably end up doing 100 special matches with 1-stock 300 damage. :effort:

Heran Bago
Aug 18, 2006

Smash Bros. Wii U broke street date in my city. At least Gamestop and a certain other electronics giant did.

Gamestop said they sold out of the Gamecube controller adapters about as soon as they opened. The other retailer doesn't have them at all. I had a pre order for the pack of game and adapter. Those packs and the adapters are coming in a week with the next shipment or later.

Heran Bago
Aug 18, 2006

I went to spectate and got stuck on the screen with a world map. Had to turn it off after 5 minutes.

Heran Bago
Aug 18, 2006

Heran Bago
Aug 18, 2006

Evil Eagle posted:

dude this game is not even out in europe

Yes it is.

Heran Bago
Aug 18, 2006

Louisgod posted:

Is there a way to default a controller or player to an established name? I'm getting tired of seeing Player 1 with poo poo controls 1 minute into a ticket battle.

This is starting to annoy me. Eventually I'll forget and you can't change control settings in the middle or between rounds of anything. I'm too stubborn to just get used to L & R for shield, ZL & ZR for throw.

Heran Bago
Aug 18, 2006

Any general tips for fighting against Shulk? He has strong attacks with range and he's not slow, I have trouble keeping up.

Heran Bago
Aug 18, 2006

^Special fights with 300% and one stock. Sometimes faster than suicide and your Amiibos can learn to taunt or w/e.

Good games, goons I was smashin' it up with.

Heran Bago
Aug 18, 2006

noirstronaut posted:

Is there a place I can read up on Amiibos? I really want to play the game to its fullest and I don't know what the hell using Amiibos is for.

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3683298

Heran Bago
Aug 18, 2006

Bruegels Fuckbooks posted:

Shulk is a lot like Ike in that both Ike absolutely love getting projectile spammed. He's also like Ike in that his moves are single hit, have startup time, and are pretty laggy at the end, so it's mostly a matter of baiting and punishing. Shulk has tricks that Ike doesn't (like his loving ridiculous b-air) but like Ike, he also kinda sucks in For Glory.

Thanks for the tip. Gotta get better at baiting.

Heran Bago
Aug 18, 2006

Heran Bago
Aug 18, 2006

Reksi posted:

Ganondorf is strong and outclasses Bowser in 1v1s if you know how to play him.

Here's a Japanese player killing it against some of his worse matchups as an example

What's with the damage %s on the right side instead of the bottom, is there an option to do that?

Heran Bago
Aug 18, 2006

DoctorWhat posted:

it's a stream layout thing from the 3DS version. They capture the bottom screen as well as the top, and then rearrange the "sections" of the captured video at the streaming level, for viewability.

Oh geeze with the quality I didn't even realize it was the 3DS version. Thanks.

Heran Bago
Aug 18, 2006

bonzibuddy64 posted:

Who do you guys think will be added as DLC characters after Mewtwo hits the eShop?
I bet Mewtwo will be the only DLC. Maybe a stage or two.

Heran Bago fucked around with this message at 01:51 on Dec 2, 2014

Heran Bago
Aug 18, 2006

When on the Wii U menu and the menu icons are on the TV, how can you select things using the Gamepad?

I know you can press X to switch between displays and then the D-pad and touch screen work, but I mean doing it screen so people can see.

Heran Bago
Aug 18, 2006

ChaosArgate posted:

The Gamepad can only interact with the Wii U menu while the menu is on the gamepad. Also this is the Smash thread, not the Wii U thread.

Big thanks and big oops.

Heran Bago
Aug 18, 2006

^^^^ Good.

disgusting.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Heran Bago
Aug 18, 2006

After installing the new stages, when I get to the character select screen for an online match my Gamecube controller stops working and it defaults to the the Wii U gamepad. The pro controller works, oddly.

What's up with this?

• Locked thread