Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pegged Lamb
Nov 5, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!
Downloads going well, I fully expect it to slow down tomorrow by which time I'll be done, until decryption/unlocking failures require me to download it again

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pegged Lamb
Nov 5, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!
nnid lambchowdr

Pegged Lamb
Nov 5, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!
Glad I didn't buy the 3ds version because then the novelty of this would be diminished

Disappointed I have to buy it to get Mewtwo.

I think I will playyy as....Palutena first. No reason why

Pegged Lamb
Nov 5, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!

Cake Attack posted:

you don't, don't be stupid

Isn't that what they said in the 50 fact video

Pegged Lamb
Nov 5, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!
That feel when you lose in All Star mode

Pegged Lamb
Nov 5, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!
I won my first for glory battle using Wario for the first time. The motorcycle is a fantastic recover weapon

Pegged Lamb
Nov 5, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!
Peach battle pad bought

edit: nah I can't do it

Pegged Lamb
Nov 5, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!
I just unlocked the Earthbound demo by getting 1968+ feet in homerun

Pegged Lamb
Nov 5, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!
Yeah love losing all my money betting on Charizards

Pegged Lamb
Nov 5, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!
Yeah 2000 gold, thank you anonymous Toon Link. Now: Two Falcos vs Two Warios, should be an easy 700.

Pegged Lamb
Nov 5, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!

davey4283 posted:

Whats the best technique for home run mode?

Just use smashes on the thing as much as possible, up to around 70% if you can, and add in a regular down or up attack to fill in the gaps. Hit the thing on the last second, you'll have a bit more time than it says

Pegged Lamb
Nov 5, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!
How do you get good at timing Smash attacks

Pegged Lamb
Nov 5, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!
the game seems to let you keep cds, even if you lose whatever mode you're in, which is nice. Listening to Super Mario Land Underground Theme

Pegged Lamb
Nov 5, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!
OH YEAH! Bagged 10000 g on a Wario match. He wins practically all matches in spectate. Ugh I wonder what the payout would have been had I gone on, but everytime I set the controller on the ground it withdraws.

Pegged Lamb
Nov 5, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!

RyokoTK posted:

Using the knowledge about avoiding items in Crazy Orders, I was able to get through 16 battles before facing Crazy Hand. The Crazy Hand fight gets harder the more battles you make it through; when I fought him at 6 battles, he also had one AI buddy. I just fought him after 16 and it was Master and Crazy Hand and two AI buddies!

But I got five CDs and about 8200 gold for it. Crazy Orders loving owns. I suspect this is what happened to "classic" Classic Mode, because that's pretty much how all the fights pan out.

What achieves did you get?

Pegged Lamb
Nov 5, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!
I seem to have used up my beginners luck and now I'm the victim to endless perfectly timed slashes by the many anime swordsguys

Pegged Lamb
Nov 5, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!

Wildtortilla posted:

Can I add a random person I'm 1v1'ing?

When the match is done hit X and then select his character and you'll see the option in there

Pegged Lamb
Nov 5, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!
Are his farts worth putting the effort into eating stuff

Pegged Lamb
Nov 5, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!

Rocketlex posted:

I kind of wish the lowest form of Master Core didn't make you fight Master Edges of all things. At least the 3DS version started you out with Master Scorpion Dog or whatever that form is called.

I really have no idea how I'm supposed to avoid half of Master Edges' attacks. At least very few of them launch so I guess it's supposed to just be softening you up for later forms.

I have the most trouble with the sword one. Even if you shield the weaker attacks the strong one always rakes you for a ton and its hard to see how to avoid it, and that dogs in and out chomp thing is brutal

Pegged Lamb
Nov 5, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!

Captain Walker posted:

I'm told there's at least one CD/music track from Wonderful 101 in this game, is it an unlockable? Which stage is it tied to, if any?

E:

There's still room in this world for Metroid Rising.

I unlocked the opening to that game

Pegged Lamb
Nov 5, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!
Does the Wii Pro Controller have better joysticks than the default Gamepad? I just can't seem to get this thing to do what I ask often enough and I suspected it was the refurbished part of the refurb console I bought.

Pegged Lamb
Nov 5, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!
So disappointed in myself. After day 3 this is my usual experience of the game.

I can not stay on the ground for anything

Pegged Lamb
Nov 5, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!
I knew something was off about the controls https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bSp885AxZss

and it wasn't this, but turning off tap jump may redeem my game

Pegged Lamb fucked around with this message at 03:38 on Nov 24, 2014

Pegged Lamb
Nov 5, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!
If you haven't done the Galactic Avenger event yet: you're supposed to kill Ridley, not the CPU you. I did the latter and had to kick the corpse of it off the stage, don't be like me.

Pegged Lamb
Nov 5, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!

Wildtortilla posted:

I have been, dude. I don't know why Wario hasn't made his appearance yet. I've played oodles of classic, event, 100 man smash, and just regular Smash matches against lvl 9 comps.

Try beating classic or all star with a Mario character.

Pegged Lamb
Nov 5, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!

PerrineClostermann posted:

Jesus christ, is everyone online a loving pro? I mean, seriously, what the hell? Every match is a stomp.

This seems to be a trend across all Nintendo games

Pegged Lamb
Nov 5, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!
Everyone quit what you're doing and try playing Kirby's Crazy Appetite on hard

^ No it is easier to control on the 3ds. The Wii has (or at least mine) terrible thumbsticks that register anything but a perfect down as a diagonal movement.

Pegged Lamb
Nov 5, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!

The Crotch posted:

Got it first try. :smug:

What the hell. WHAT THE HELL

Pegged Lamb
Nov 5, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!
and sweeps, do more trips and stuff,

Pegged Lamb
Nov 5, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!
I can't stand that you can get smashed when your guy is laying flat on the ground with invincibility flashing. Aura Mastery and a bunch of the other cheap challenges suffer for that

Pegged Lamb
Nov 5, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!
I beat Aura Mastery on hard finally, and I feel relieved but still more pissed than anything that that made it in the game as is. Now All-Star Brawl awaits which seems more difficult than Champion Road with 18 One-on-One Putts on Mario Golf World Tour Sky Island combined

Pegged Lamb
Nov 5, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!
Anytime Wario's bike gets destroyed in All-Star Brawl my Wii freezes up. Very annoying

Pegged Lamb
Nov 5, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!

Poniard posted:

lmao this game is ruining my life i just paid my buddy with a case of beer to finish these two goddamn challenges what THE gently caress laugh at me

makes me feel better about using custom Lucario to beat All-Star Battle: Brawl. gently caress what a nightmare

Dresh posted:

I did every Event on Hard without custom characters, but I didn't get all the awards. Good job there.

Which did you use the above event ^

Pegged Lamb
Nov 5, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!

Cake Attack posted:

you haven't played much smash4 have you

You haven't faced Shulk or Ike have you

Pegged Lamb
Nov 5, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!
CPU Pac Man is insane in New Challengers 2. I can't beat him without losing one stock

Pegged Lamb
Nov 5, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!
I should really record this new challengers, its unbelievable. Greninja can juggle me with perfect ease, Shulk will jump 15 feet below the stage to insure I die, Greninja will practically teleport across the stage in an instant and do 7 hit combos, and he and Pac Man especially can anticipate everything I do and camps like a bitch

Pegged Lamb
Nov 5, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!
I just discovered the hardest event in the game. Beat All-Star Battle: Secrets with Little Mac (on hard)

Pegged Lamb fucked around with this message at 08:37 on Dec 1, 2014

Pegged Lamb
Nov 5, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!

Non paying bidder found

Pegged Lamb
Nov 5, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!
Surviving Cruel Smash as Luigi for one minute is gruesome and filled with rejection but once you get going you can't stop.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pegged Lamb
Nov 5, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!
I employed a method of flipping over and air dodging through them. This one run I did was a thing of beauty and it would have been successful had he done the missile instead of the up special like I know I inputted

• Locked thread