Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Just Andi Now
Nov 8, 2009

The best thing is that when you select a character, one of their eyes twinkles menacingly like in Villager's intro video.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Just Andi Now
Nov 8, 2009

Slur posted:

So, does anyone have any advice for No Mere Sparring Match on hard difficulty?

Customize up a Mac with more defense so that you can take a few extra hits. Use dashing attacks for the most part, but also some up tilts, up smashes, and forward smashes, though the smashes aren't nearly as effective. Also dodge roll a lot and hope you don't get countered.

It took forever with way more tries than is sane, but I managed to get the reward at the same time.

Just Andi Now
Nov 8, 2009

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

That said, I got used to Smash 3DS having shield in the right trigger and grab in the left one and switched my setting to that.

I got too annoyed at switching names around, so I just play with the default controls, but I use my right hand to shield and my left hand to grab like the 3DS version. The positioning of the sticks actually helps with this contortion.

Just Andi Now
Nov 8, 2009

Customs shouldn't be a big deal (except for logistical reasons). Fighting games having customization options isn't the newest thing ever. MvC3 has two assists which can have any of three moves each. SF3 and SFIV make the player pick their super/ultra respectively. Arcana Heart basically allows the player to pick the second half of their moveset. Skullgirls allows for assists, too, and it allows the user to pick preset moves or custom moves. As far as I know, if the tourney's allowing you to counter pick characters, they don't disallow picking a different super or team or whatever.

Just Andi Now
Nov 8, 2009

Sire Oblivion posted:

Because projectiles only change from left or right, not up and down, so Thunder is being flipped from left to right but since it's a straight down projectile nothing is going to change except the sprites.

Pretty sure Hard Knuckle (and possibly Air Shooter) reverse directions.

Just Andi Now
Nov 8, 2009

Tonetta posted:

You are both connecting at the same time on different hitboxes

Look at Ness' percentage. It zooms up from 27% to over 100%.

Just Andi Now
Nov 8, 2009

Tonetta posted:

you can turn around on neutral b moves by hitting the direction you want to face for a frame, let go, then press neutral b

Kantesu posted:

Also works if you hit the direction really fast after hitting b.

Note that these two methods can have different effects on momentum. Lucina/Marth come to mind.

Just Andi Now
Nov 8, 2009

Rich Uncle Chet posted:

If Shovel Knight gets in my best friend Rhythm Heaven wrestler might not

I'd rather have Rhythm Heaven wrestler's interviewer. You have to pose at the right time to avoid her attacks.

Just Andi Now
Nov 8, 2009

Sheik's Vanish fills G&W's bucket in two uses and is an instant KO on hit.

Just Andi Now
Nov 8, 2009

Tonetta posted:

Make SA-X which is a samus clone but with better frame data a good grab and a real upsmash that would be cool

Only if the retroactively reskin current Samus as Fusion Suit Samus.

Just Andi Now
Nov 8, 2009

jivjov posted:

Not everyone works 9-5, Monday through Friday.

Or for that matter is instantly home the minute they get off at 5.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Just Andi Now
Nov 8, 2009

sharrrk posted:

project: m is good

Counterpoint: https://youtu.be/RrodfchKEgM?t=34s

• Locked thread