Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
bef
Mar 2, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

F. Lobot posted:

Looks like we got Project M 2 sooner than we thought.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZA7CbczTklA

totally Ok with this...looks like he plays like his PM counterpart

F. Lobot posted:

Heavy gravity is a special mode, which unfortunately means you can't play it online even with friends.

ahahahaha of course

bef fucked around with this message at 04:13 on Dec 7, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bef
Mar 2, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

F. Lobot posted:

So my controller + adapter bundle from Play-Asia arrived yesterday.

It was a Mayflash adapter. :cripes:

owned

bef
Mar 2, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

Theta Zero posted:

I always felt the issue with Classic isn't that it's luck based, I never really felt that way even on 9.0. My issue is that it just doesn't know when to stop. That little shadow maze at the end of Classic just goes on and on, and it doesn't help that the enemies shoot through walls offscreen and the insta-death lava walls ripped from the Great Cave Offensive are paper-thin and nearly impossible to notice until you've already started ricocheting like a pinball after hitting one, usually into another one.

this does not soound fun, or rather this does not sound like good game design...

bef
Mar 2, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

laplace posted:

Armada's Diddy at BEAST V is making me depressed. Commentators described three uairs in a row after a downthrow as hype :(

And then the sheik SD'd with grenade. Lol. And then switched to diddy.

Armada and Android did a fantastic job at 2's today in melee. the synergy was too real, the fairs too strong

bef
Mar 2, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
looks like PM is back on at xanadu? been seeing them streeam a lot of 4 the past couple of months and no PM

http://www.twitch.tv/umdsmash

bef
Mar 2, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

TheKingofSprings posted:

Well, I am sorry guys I tried to make an apology video but not a lot of people accepted it. I just can't do it. Maybe I can try to make another one tomorrow but I am not good at this sort of thing. I am not a liar I hate Rosalina I am sorry I can't be nice about this in any matter I tried but this is not who I am. I am even having second thoughts actually showing the pictures because people would even ruin my reputation more. All I wanted is for people to thank me for sharing a tutorial of making easy money on something that just came out. Then maybe hopefully they would check out my other reasonings and help Nintendo stop the Hentai in my games.

This is really unfair for me and I don't think I can go through with this because every site I have been apart of sees me as a joke. I just wanted to try to help people I am sorry I can't do that much of a good video without offending others but it just makes me angry at modern gaming.

I really do have the stuff on Preorder but I will make it up to you guys if I show them on film or not. Just wish I could get as much respect as Fatron or Egofapper but no I get shoehorned with hentai thrown in my games and I get hated for trying to save true nintendo games from being made.

I forgive you.

bef
Mar 2, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

Folt The Bolt posted:

I'm simply not a fan of Female Robin. That's all there is to it.

Misogynist

bef
Mar 2, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
All these melee nuances are about mashing buttons mindlessly and seeing what happens..smash 4 is specifically design for that NOT to happen.

The meta-game is definitely there (and certainly has more room to improve! ) and there's a lot more to 4 than mechanical inputs that has pervaded Melee and the Melee-likes.. Sakurai understood what was wrong with Brawl big time and has gone out of his way to stop history from repeating itself.

bef
Mar 2, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

Wild Knight posted:

The way the discussion is going at the moment though (and i say this as someone not participating in said discussion so forgive me if i'm off base) it feels like it's barely a matter of time before the pros throw up their hands and go back to melee because they're not willing to put in the time investment required to make ROB and Bowser Jr. play differently like they were with Marth and Roy.

Like i'm sure that like brawl it'll shake out in a few years but people always seem like they're on the verge of "gently caress this" even though the game is very nascent.

Like laplace said, i think the issue is there's only so much you can do in the game, compared to melee where there are so many possibilities. You see so much more happen in melee compared to 4 because of how much you're able to input into a character if you know all the tech involved. People that are really into melee and such are more concerned that there is just not enough in smash 4 that could lead to the psuedo-limitless potential you get with melee. Characters have lag frames (I just made up A Word) that you cant get rid of and the game has a slower tone, with more forgiving circumstances such as large blastzones and long recovery. You definitely see people play aggressive in 4 but not to the absurdity and ruthlessness that melee can be.

I was dropping my jaw during the B.E.A.S.T 5 tourney played this past weekend. I used to not like watching Melee at all because of the character roster that is generally used (fox and falco being stupid glass cannons that can do anything if your hands are fast enough, sheik and marth being notoriously good) but you start to looks past the characters and more how the person plays and what they do in every situation every second. you see personalities shine just in how quick they think and how nimble they are with their fingers. It can be quite creative at times. 2's in particular are absolutely fantastic.

TheKingofSprings posted:

This is also the first Smash to present the possibility of discovered tricks being patched out, see: DACUS.

:thumbsup:

bef fucked around with this message at 04:52 on Jan 13, 2015

bef
Mar 2, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

TheKingofSprings posted:

Why the smiley? It was there and it got patched out.

Because I love seeing cool mechanics that could further develop the newest iteration of one of my favorite game series get patched out

bef
Mar 2, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

TheKingofSprings posted:

I am now Melee capable, thanks to some help from Laplace and the awesome Wii U USB drivers from some guy on Reddit.

would you consider netplaying "the other"??

bef
Mar 2, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

TheKingofSprings posted:

let us do this

if you can teach me how to play without frying my laptop's cpu and also how to netplay

E: nvm I figured these things, let us netplay

E: E: oh poo poo you meant project M uhhhhhhhhhhh

Ahahaha. Yeah! :)

I'm a get melee for it too tho so I'll hit you up for that one day

bef
Mar 2, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

TheKingofSprings posted:

no like I'd be cool playing project M but idk how to do that on there

There's a good guide out that makes it easy to install. In on my phone right now so I can't link it but it's like one of the 1st links if you look up project m 3.5

You need a Brawl iso though

bef
Mar 2, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

Your Computer posted:

Yeah, gently caress that guy. Why is he even making games? My 7 year old nephew could make better games than that stupid shitbag! I swear literally all Sakurai does is try to make the game as unfun as possible, he really hates us pro players.
:goonsay:

comon dude..

bef
Mar 2, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
Vist is such a good Luigi. Ridiculous how slip and slide-y he is in Melee. Love me some Luigi

bef
Mar 2, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

TheKingofSprings posted:

Alright recently I got hacked my email address I use to subscribe to gaming. A Rosalina Fan Support Group hacked me and told me what they wanted from me so they gave back my email. If I don't do what they said they will take back my email. I now have to be a member of the Rosalina Fan Movement and also make a video.

The whole summary of it can be shown in the comments section of this video. However, this doesn't mean you can draw anymore fanart with me or ship me with Rosalina. I am tired of that poo poo and I saw the Pootytanga and Peach poo poo fanart of me and it makes me pissed. I don't want to be any fanart with these loving hentai poo poo.

Stay safe.

bef
Mar 2, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
I don't remember Falco being that good in 4 :/. I think fox is the better character (kinda like the Marth vs lucina discussion) so if you like his play style just go with fox

I hear you though, as Falco is a bad rear end looking birdman

bef
Mar 2, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

Your Computer posted:

Still feel like they should have included Isaac from Golden Sun with his kickass Psynergy for a proper interesting JRPG protagonist :colbert: (Or Jenna, Garet, Sheba, Ivan or any of the others....)

e: Kraden for Smash Bros 2020

I can't wait to play as Isaac, Knuckles, and Lyn in Smash Bros

bef
Mar 2, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

laplace posted:

Knuckles and Lyn are already in beta for PM, and are in the coding for the game and have been for a very long time.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xxbgK__kUR4

So you can actually do that sometime in the future.

I really want to play as that advance wars character and smack people with a wrench. Would kick total rear end

bef
Mar 2, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

The difference is Mario and Link are from good games (for the most part)

Isaac hasn't been in any good games.

Golden sun was a Great Game when I was nine and had awesome sprites for the gba so I forgive the devs

bef
Mar 2, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
Smash is Love.

bef
Mar 2, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

Chakram posted:

It takes a whole lot of thinking when you're desperate for Melee to stay relevant when SSB4 is so much better in every way.

agreeeed

bef
Mar 2, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

IronicDongz posted:

yeah but it's lame that they're literally all shaped the same

it's cool to have stages that are different, like FD, battlefield, Town&City, so long as they aren't full of bullshit.(pilotwings is ok too)

hell you even got pokemon stadium thats played on a competitive level

some melee is happening : http://www.twitch.tv/vgbootcamp

e: axe is on fire today

bef fucked around with this message at 02:25 on Jan 19, 2015

bef
Mar 2, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

Probad posted:

To each his own except please get rid of the stage hazards, items, and mechanics I don't like and also cater to me more Sakurai.

no one is saying to get rid of anything, just have more options

IronicDongz posted:

omg hungrybox

if there was ever a rest..

bef
Mar 2, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

laplace posted:

Oh my GOD leffen vs armada was incredible.

armada's fox :worship:

bef
Mar 2, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
bait them by holding onto the ledge, this will naturally gravitate them towards you as they think it will be easy to kill you. They are wrong. Time this next move correctly...keep on grabbing the ledge to achieve a bit of invincibility frames if you are about 2 be attacked (but only for a while!!! you only have 5 grabs). Next step is important. Surprise them with Jiggly's hidden sleeper: Sing. They will be instantly paralyzed and helpess for the next 3 seconds...Nows your chance...get your sweet sexy jiggly rear end right in the opponents face and land them with REST!!!!

bef fucked around with this message at 01:34 on Jan 20, 2015

bef
Mar 2, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

Stallion Cabana posted:

Do Training Final Smashes not count as the Final Smashes for the 'view every character's Final Smash'?

I thought I did all of them but apparently not?

You are essentially playing Practice mode. its not the real thing.

bef
Mar 2, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

ShadeofBlue posted:

Also, the flower is the best, the sun hat looks ugly.

*HOO HA's you*

bef
Mar 2, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

TheKingofSprings posted:

Except they've had other games with DLC people bought a shitload of?

Nintendo is not a stranger to DLC anymore.

Nintendo didn't develop Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS and Wii U

bef
Mar 2, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

they have a video on youtube showing off luigi combos -_-

bef
Mar 2, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

laplace posted:

My lagless streaming setup is here. Today is a good day.

no lag on benq? i dont want a clunky crtv to play PM on but i do want it to be lag-free

bef
Mar 2, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

Sire Oblivion posted:

This is surprising, but some people just have to have all of them. Last night I was at my friend's place for a small party and there was Smash going on, some neckbearded goon got invited and he brought a circular lunch sack with him and in it were 8~ amiibos. Each of them were level 50 and the two that he used (Mario and Peach) were named "Ronin" and "Hime" respectively. He wore a lanyard around his neck which seemed to be his "everyday carry" because hung from it were his keys and hit wallet (what the gently caress). He also didn't talk with anyone that night, just sat on the couch and played Smash the whole time.

Sounds like my kind of guy.

bef
Mar 2, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

Sire Oblivion posted:

I really wish I made it up. These people are the smelling salts whenever I get the thought of "Maybe I should check out a Smash tournament one of these days."

The one I went too wasn't too bad. Just gotta remember you're going to a gathering of people who play a ton of Smash.

also lol

Sire Oblivion posted:

When you find this unicorn let me know.

bef
Mar 2, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

laplace posted:

It also wrecks every brawl disc it touches and kicks your puppy. Project M is literally the devil.

Tried playing PM on my brother-in-law's Wii and it burned the optical disc drive.

Also whenever you hit the stage select button in the "hackless" :rolleyes: version the game looks like its being butchered by some haphazard coding.

bef
Mar 2, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

RyokoTK posted:

Even the menu had an alternate theme. It's still the best menu theme in all Smash.

Mario 3 remix played on Yoshi's Island.
Saria's Song played on Great Bay.
Pokemon Battle G/S played on Pokemon Stadium.
Fire Emblem remix played on Temple.
Mach Rider played on Big Blue.
A different Mother remix played on Onett.
Fever played on Mushroom Kingdom II.
Balloon Fight played on Icicle Mountain.
Menu 2 remix played on Final Destination.

The Japanese know how to make some good music.

bef
Mar 2, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

Louisgod posted:

It depends on if their moms can leave work to give them a ride.

:worship:

bef
Mar 2, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

Apex is canceled!!

!

bef
Mar 2, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
please appreciate smash in all its forms and figures, even those that start frothing at the mouth going off on a tangent about how netplay on the computer has too much lag on melee during a grand final;s set. these people love smash just as much as u love deciding to post about smash on a dying , insular forum...

bef
Mar 2, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

I said come in! posted:

Competitive Smash play is shameful and these people should be mocked. This is the group of people that one year harassed a child into giving up his winnings after coming in 1st place in a Smash tournament at Evo.

generalization is for the retarded

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bef
Mar 2, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

Austrian mook posted:

that kid got owned

he spot dodged the 3 missile kirby collection piece that instant KO's. that kid deserves that EVO trophy 1000X%

• Locked thread