Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

:eyepop:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

Pegged Lamb posted:

Glad I didn't buy the 3ds version because then the novelty of this would be diminished

Disappointed I have to buy it to get Mewtwo.

you don't, don't be stupid

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

Pegged Lamb posted:

Isn't that what they said in the 50 fact video

you get him free if you have both, you pay otherwise

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

i found an adapter, everyone

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

Waluigi and Lucina are very alike because I want to kiss both of them

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

my nnid is CakeAttack

please add me if you're pro anime swordsmen

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

lol

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

And disrespect Wario's hog?

I'd rather lose

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

TheKingofSprings posted:

<yahweh> logan needs to pull his weight this round
<yahweh> hes got 1` ko over two games
<~GaffleKevin> i like the way the crab falls through the middle if the bridge is out
<yahweh> need to whip him
<yahweh> into shape

im bad

and wheres the irc

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

what is the trick to becoming halfway competent at doing tilts vs shames at my own desire and not just picking a direction and hoping for the best

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

Dr. Gitmo Moneyson posted:

I'd be down with this, but the IKs in Imp Zone don't take kindly to me posting there. Is there any way I can get in on this action without eating a 6-hour probation for every post I make there? Or failing that, without posting in Imp Zone at all?

no

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

i got 7 kills with Lucy in cruel smash without using counter, then I died

i was upset

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

i didn't like the events much, but thinking back they aren't really any different than they ever were, so I'm thinking this is a golden sun:dark dawn scenario where it's not that they're bad now, but that they were always bad

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

Austrian mook posted:

idk I think Golden Sun is worse than the first two games but I defend those games more than they deserve to be defended.

okay yeah it's not a great analogy since dark dawn is definitely worse, although it's a mediocre vs. bad situation imo

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

i did Kirby's Crazy Appetite on hard

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

Sire Oblivion posted:

long-rear end swords

you haven't played much smash4 have you

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

Pegged Lamb posted:

You haven't faced Shulk or Ike have you

they were specifically talking about Marth and Lucy

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

bwuh i am undone

compared to melee though

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

the past couple days ive been bad pretty consistently but that's probably my lovely canadian internet

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

it's going to be -37 with windchill tomorrow morning

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

don't be a hoser, beef waifu

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

im handsome and well adjusted, don't know about you guys

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

i still can't get over how they said samus was the best character in the game according to their testing at e3, lol

e: tfw your main is the third worst character in the game

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

yes

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

Rosalind posted:

Ok what's probably a stupid question but: how the hell do I knock people out on larger stages?

I've been playing as Lucina and I can get my enemies to 200+ percent as a routine but I never seem to manage to land a good blow that sends them flying. Meanwhile, I get killed at half that almost effortlessly. Mostly it seems that I die from being hit upward by aerial attacks since Lucina apparently sucks at attacking downward, but when I try to knock enemies into the air they hardly seem to go flying at all. Any advice? Should I just give up on Lucina and switch to some other character?

Sorry I don't know the terminology well.

chasing off the stage is pretty crucial, lucy has good air moves and so can finish people off that way

otherwise, try and land a front smash, a counter, a upsmash (if people roll a lot waiting for a roll than doing a running upsmash is good) or a shieldbreaker.

if you break someone's shield and then do a fully charged shield breaker again you'll kill in the 50s

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

Austrian mook posted:

I guess pre-ordering the entire bundle (game, adapter, controller) turned out to be a good idea after all?

Yeah

i got lucky and managed put a hold on the last adapter at a futureshop, but i spent more than the bundle cost and almost didn't even get the adapter

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

that's a joke

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

Maleficent posted:

Lucina is a straight-up worse Marth. There is literally no reason to ever use her instead of Marth. I really want to like her (I like playing girl characters) but she is floatier so you can't do short hop neutral air openers like you can with Marth (pretty sure this also means she is lighter and thus more smashable but I am not sure about this) and the sword tip mechanic is gone, which just makes her weaker overall. What a blunder of design. Her alt costumes are way way better too. :(

not disagreeing with your conclusion here, but half this isn't true at all. they have the exact same physics, so she's not floatier or lighter. she also does more damage with untipped attacks than marth, but not nearly enough to compensate for how good tipped attacks are, which is the actual reason she's bad

that said, she has some small advantages. the running upsmash benefits from no tipper, and she might have an easier time shieldbreaking with her b

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

TheKingofSprings posted:

Marth's shield breaker will probably shatter a shield outright tipped, and if that happens you are probably dead past 35-40%.

yeah i figured that was probably the case, it's just that lucy's breaks at a short enough charge that i hoped the difference in charge time between only marth's tip breaking it and lucina's whole sword breaking it was negligible enough to give her the edge

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

zolthorg posted:

There is a lovely loving Koopa Kid Kostume called "Roy". Its a garbage troll post

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

i think its just kind of hosed up to dislike nintendo, in general

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

competitively its irrelevant because they dont use sudden death and team attack is on and stalling tactics are banned

in for glory, just catch them in the sudden death before they get too high

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

no matchmaking

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

sharrrk posted:

sakurai is my friend and i love him

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

Your Computer posted:

Still feel like they should have included Isaac from Golden Sun with his kickass Psynergy for a proper interesting JRPG protagonist :colbert: (Or Jenna, Garet, Sheba, Ivan or any of the others....)

something's not right here...

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

Leif is a noble soul who fights bravely against insurmountable odds and continues to do so in the face of numerous defeats, and through hardship achieves the power of a Master Knight to avenge his parents, he deserves respect.

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

shield breaker can put some pressure on people who are relying on shielding your air approaches

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

my smash confession is that i can't handle samus, always lose when i fight one in for glory

i lost to a samus pretty decisively and then they switched to shiek and I won

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

TheKingofSprings posted:

Holy gently caress I'm devoting myself to mastering Dancing Blade.

Is Lucina's dashing up smash secretly bad? It doesn't seem like that guy does it much.

i mean he's playing with his face so who knows what options are easily available to him here

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

Echo Chamber posted:

I'm just glad one person isn't posting in this thread. I don't care if he was serious or just shitposting for his own amusement; glad that drama's gone.

you mean bonzi? because he got permabanned for scamming someone out of 150 bucks in SA mart

:911:

• Locked thread