Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Suspicious Cook posted:

First DLC pack has Mewtwo, Tanooki Mario, and Cat Peach.

Months of posts saying "gently caress Tanooki Mario" only for the DLC to drop and everyone realizes he is fantastic for some reason or another.

All hate is then pointed to Cat Peach who is somehow less than trash.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

One of the 5 cuccoo trophies is just them trying to make as many chicken puns as they can because why are there so many goddamn cuccoo trophies.

3rd thread I posted it but Lucario Amiibo is TRU exclusive who cares

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Little Mac posted:

So psyched to play this tonight. Being a teacher and getting the entire next week off is the best

Any word yet on any unlockable stage builder pieces?

There are none.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

sharrrk posted:

today i went to best buy to pick up the bundle that i preordered a month ago, but they did not have it. they instead tried to give me all of the individual parts of the bundle for the same price, but they did not have the adapter. now they are picking the adapter up from another best buy, and i am eating lunch.

Ask them for a villager amiibo

Those things are rare as gently caress for some reason and I have one.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

So I have this weird thing where menu music doubles itself for some reason, anyone else have the problem?

I'll play a stage or anything that with no problems but when I get put back at the character select the first couple notes of the menu song plays, pauses for a second, then plays like nothing happened.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Some dudes copy is loving up his entire game in magical ways.

You can see his cry for help here

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Louisgod posted:

So is the AI that 'learns' from the Amiibos more of a challenge than the level 9 CPU? I really hate playing online due to the random lag and I don't have the time or opportunity to play with friends since we all have kids/jobs/responsibilities but the refined CPU is tempting me to pick the game up.

They're far, far more dangerous then any level 9 could ever dream of being if you train them up. I can barely get a win on mine and they keep getting better :negative:.

Also there's something funny about unlocking the King K Rool trophy and you can't put it in a trophy box. It's exiled completely.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

I think the problem you're having with Amiibo's is you have to use the same character that you're trying to teach them about otherwise they act like loving idiots. I tried training my villager using dedede and now he's trying to forward smash all the time. If yours isn't doing sick combos it's because you didn't do any.

Seriously mine can do a Mario down throw with all the up tilts and air up a's to me and will fling itself off a cliff to meteor smash me at all times.

:lol: if you think 9 AI was gimped to.

Edit: Also they don't have the little level up jingle anymore but they do keep learning past level 50.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

I won't defend the quality on some of these tho. Villager's eyes are way too drat big and apparently every single Marth Amiibo is hot garbage.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Kly posted:

Wait, so do the amiibos NOT play any better than lvl9 CPUs? Do they just get buffed stats or what?

They record what you do basically and try to mimic your playstyle. As mentioned if you use forward smash a lot they'll start doing a LOT of forward smashes. If you try to meteor spike them they'll try to do that as well. In the later levels and beyond they're basically doing 1:1 fights with you if you trained them right and they continue trying to learn strats as time goes on.

People have already found that you can train them to CD farm by showing them how to throw master balls and run for CD's and Trophies. They're a lot more flexible then set lvl 9's but if you teach them poorly they'll probably get their faces shoved in by harder CPU's.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

greatn posted:

He forgot Meta Knight is a black Kirby, and there's black Yoshi.

Excuse me Meta Knight is blue thank you.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

PAL versions get the correct name. Lame.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

How would you ever get 4 ko's with pit. He doesn't have anything cheesy and he feels like tissue paper.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Maple Leaf posted:

He hates Sonic because snakes and hedgehogs are enemies irl. So there's some meta humour for you.

In the Japanese version Snake's VA voices Eggman too.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

So here's a strange bug that'll never really effect anyone. If you're fighting as Palutena in the Garden of Hope stage jump onto the breakable pot and when someone jumps up to get you forward/back throw them. This for whatever reason shrinks your enemy as if they got hit with a poison mushroom and you can blow them up.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Champeenship posted:

That Garden of Hope thing seems to be a more general glitch, as it can occur to Pac Man's hydrant as well.

Theory I had on it is things in the pot shrink so they don't clip (I'm pretty sure that's what happens) but Palutena's throw for some reason registers them as "inside" and shrinks them down.

Also saw this floating around

Turns out Megaman has two stages :haw:

ThisIsACoolGuy fucked around with this message at 00:37 on Dec 6, 2014

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

God For Glory really went down the shitter huh. Every single match I got for the past two hours was a Link who did nothing but throw boomerangs and arrows and bombs and the very rare running attack. The only other character I saw was a Diddy who spammed grabs into up air and beat my rear end because Diddy's broken as all hell.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Mario Paint Medley spotted. Includes the barking and meowing soundbits

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

I'm thinking that there's some shady things happening online. This new character Captain Spark worries me

He looks a bit overpowered.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Why did you buy it if you didn't want to use it?

That being said can someone give me some advice with Ness? All I know is his basic fire -> dthrow -> fair -> fair combo and chasing folks off stage with thunder and I always feel like a lovely player when I'm just fishing for fire.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Reiley posted:

This game is so well-balanced if you pick your favorite and study what they can do, you can do well with practice. That is really great because seeing 50 different dudes come out and do their tricks is really a lot of fun! You just gotta learn what your dude is capable of and what their weaknesses are.

That sounds to hard I wish it was space animals and marth only

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Macaluso posted:

Bowser Jr question. When I'm in the HEAT OF BATTLE and I eject from my clown copter, before I fall to my death I've been able to hit one of the shoulder buttons and respawn my copter allowing me another chance at a jump. But I've been trying to recreate it just like in practice and can't get it to work. Are there certain conditions to make it work? Does the clown car have to be exploded a certain amount of time or does the other person have to knock me around some first before it will reset?

It respawns on a timer if you don't touch the ground. You're just a flailing baby until then though.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Wait why is Lucario specifically a counterpick to Mac?

Only players I hate running into are Links and Diddy's. Links all play the exact same and Diddy's just spam down throw up air. No respect for dudes who can't mix it up.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

New Miiverse song found It's a amazing Nintendo Land Medley

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

I had my amiibos fighting to the death for fun and profit. Luigi broke a smash ball and sucked up like 5 dudes and shot them all out... then kept on shooting. He just got locked into the firing animation and smoke was the only thing being launched. The other amiibo fighters (and the respawn ones) continued to fight while he was doing this, and eventually the entire system crashed.

Thanks Luigi.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Blaze Dragon posted:

Hahahah, I'm on the exact same situation. I think I might use my first Golden Hammer on this, because holy poo poo this is completely impossible. Even if I get the Metroid, it's far more likely the AI will get to it first considering I'm at the mercy of a die roll. Screw that poo poo.

This is Good Advice, but let me add one more thing to it: remember to use your last match before the Hands to take damage if you have used the invincibility to get through easily. Otherwise, you'll enter with way too low HP and that's extremely dangerous. No point in getting all of those CDs if you lose them in the end!

Admittedly, you should be getting so much stuff that you'll only lose some of the CDs, but still, something to keep in mind. Also, Mario with Fast Fireball works really well for this, at least for me.

Don't you have more HP the less % you have though?

Also how do people grab with captain falcon. I like playing him but every time I grab Falcon's oiled up shoes make him slip halfway across the map and it never, never connects. I get more grabs with goddamn pac-man.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Rhycool posted:

Do what KingofSprings said. I suggest playing around in practice mode and getting a feel for his spacing. Get a feel for where he'll end up during the grab animation.

Also, keep in mind that Falcon's standing grab is actually not that great. You want to make sure the other person is fairly close, if you're not dashing.

TheKingofSprings posted:

Start your grabs earlier with him, then be happy about your friend Falcon having The Best Grabs in the Game

Thanks for that, was getting really flustered because zipping around as him is super fun but I always leave myself SUPER open after a flubbed grab and getting frustrated by it.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Spiritus Nox posted:

What's the goon opinion of the netcode? I just got this and a Wii U for Christmas, and I've had a string of utterly awful 1v1s and I'd like to know if it's more on the game or my connection. Hard to learn how to Shulk when there's a full second of input lag. :(

Online is good, it's not flawless and it makes playing Shulk a dice roll but it's alright.

Much as I enjoy Shulk I can't stand getting wrong arts due to input delay or lag.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Why are Mii Swordfighters considered trash anyway? I don't really care for the playstyle but nothing really stood out as completely unworkable to me.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

CD's and stuff picked up by amiibo's don't actually give you anything btw. I've had mine grab CD's and it doesn't count for anything. Same with trophies as I saw one pick up a trophy I certainly didn't have and when I scanned it for prizes nothing new was there and my gallery had the most recent being one I bought from the shop.

What you want to do is set it to a timer match with 4 players. 3 amiibos are suggested. Put only master balls on and go to a final destination stage. When you hear "mew" pick up the controller and go and grab it yourself because amiibo's will only pick that stuff up on accident.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

This games expressions.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

I just had a huge losing streak and I'm salty as all hell. At midnight is online filled with pros or something? Everyone I fought seemed to have a solution for EVERYTHING I did and I couldn't touch anyone if I left Dedede's side.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Hey so Kirby's up tilt, shorthop dair loop is well known right? As dedede I got absolutely loving destroyed by a Kirby for the first time and I couldn't tech out of it or do anything. He absolutely demolished me.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

ChaosArgate posted:

I dunno about that specific combo but Kirby's dair is pretty ridiculous because I think it has no landing lag.

Basically he would up tilt and shorthop into it, hitstun would keep me in the "getting hit" animation. Due to no landing lag he'd get to uptilt again and just loop it until upsmash. It was stupid effective.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Kewpuh posted:

strange, i dont remember diddy in super metroid

What about Kirby

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Level in Dreamland 3 has you hunting metroids for samus as the level's bonus objective. Another has you helping ROB and stuff.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Reiley posted:

One of the Kirbys has a Master Hand boss who if you swallow you get your Smash moveset

Amazing Mirror. It shows back up in Squeak Squad but with a different name.

Dream collection also has a "Smash" challenge where you have the moveset.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Holding a amiibo tourney and watching Nabbit's animations makes me realize he's just reskinned TAC. I kinda want TAC to be in Great Cave Offensive now.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

KingofSprings, how often do you go on For Glory?

I swear I might of ran into your Lucina a couple days ago because I fought one using the same black color and general playstyle (though a tiny bit more aggressive) I won like a single match then got destroyed a lot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

TheKingofSprings posted:

Generally a couple of times per week. Any idea what day it was? (The black colour scheme is p. common so it may not have been me)

It was pretty late at night. Only reason it stood out is I fight Lucina's all the time (Black only once before) and it was the only time I've ever seen one put a ton of pressure on with shield breaker.

• Locked thread