Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

NNID: Ometeotl

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

Metal Marth looks terrifying.

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

Why wouldn't they work?

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

Bowser is amazing, what are you talking about.

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

Pegged Lamb posted:

When the match is done hit X and then select his character and you'll see the option in there

And if you forget, the Wii U friend list has a complete list of everyone you've played with or against in any online game and you can send a friend invite from there.

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=939097

Do you still feel comfortable playing this game, now that your eyes have so clearly been opened?

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

F. Lobot posted:

I'm sad that Big Battlefield is banned, because it's the closest thing we have to Dreamland.

...Why is Big Battlefield banned?

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

People are whining about events because they're in the game. Had the mode been absent, people would instead be fondly reminiscing about the Event mode in Melee and how Smash 4 sucks for not having anything like it.

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

RyokoTK posted:

I think Luigi is the worst character in both games, but it's close. Luigi is worthless and you can't even play on your opponent's ignorance because it's not like he's a complicated character.

This is absolute blasphemy.

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

Ahahaha, I just won (with reward conditions) the Event where you have to beat giant Bowser as tiny Olimar, because he Bowsercided us through the breakable floor of the Pikmin stage.

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

I have a room up if anyone wants to play.

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

R.O.B. :colbert:

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

Reiley posted:

Man I dunno, gimme a break.

You stay away from my Kit Kat bar, you jerk.

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L51KHxhcIhQ

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

How do I make a ceiling on a custom stage without the spawning platforms dropping us on top of it on death.

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

That was my first thought, but it just drops you onto the lava.

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

I just casually walked into Best Buy midday on the date of release and bought one. Deal with that, I guess?

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

Can't be worse than Pac-man's.

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

You try getting that suit off in an emergency.

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

F. Lobot posted:

They're doing everything they can to not be taken seriously.

That was assured when they decided to make a touhou game.

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

Please don't watch the videos of my battles posted above. The shame of my SD in the first one taints them all.

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

TheKingofSprings posted:

And the non pro players too.

:rip: Adventure Mode

Seriously though I get Sakurai's intent with the Doc (Mario with tornado) but Lucina's straight up a worse Marth and Dark Pit being in as anything more than a skin is nonsensical.

Oh good, we're back to that "character slots" garbage again.

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

laplace posted:

Just because they're in every game doesn't make them good or worthwhile. They've always been dumb. The bumper was dumb on Peach's castle, the hurricane was dumb on Hyrule Castle, Most people even hate Woody Woods despite him doing no damage. Stage hazards are dumb.

Items are also dumb, but I at least understand people being excited about getting to see a pokemon or something.

The whole randomness RNG thing is and always has been lame even outside of a competitive setting. The whole "It makes it more fun!" is about as fun as randomly getting herpes while walking through a crowd. RNG is lame. Getting punished for no reason is lame.

I would rather randomly get herpes than be as much of a funless curmudgeon as you are.

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

zolthorg posted:

※ 8 people brawl dedicated stage , there is a difference , such as does not move part of the gimmick as compared with four brawl stage .
In addition, as who can play comfortably the game, was fixed some of the problems .

So basically the hazards are handled by invisible player character slots? Would explain why a couple hazards don't show up in All-Star mode, since the 'slots' would be taken up by the character spawners.

Err, no, it means that 8 players and items and all those effects and particles and poo poo would cause a dip in the frame rate when the hazards were also doing their thing.

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

laplace posted:

Regardless, PM is a...fangame that is made separate from any of Nintendo's code.

:psyduck:

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

laplace posted:

That's sort of why its so incredible that M2K was able to do well in Melee, Brawl, and S4 simultaneously, because they're all crazy different and require different things from the player, and playing one can severely damage playing the other.

Probably because he actually put in the time and effort, instead of just saying "nope, it's different" and slamming the controller down in a huff.

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

That description is hilarious for all the wrong reasons.

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

FZeroRacer posted:

Plus Project M would arguably fall under Fair Use

Hahahaha

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

mabels big day posted:

why the h*ll did they bring back Roy?

Because he was in Melee.

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

Yeah, but Iggy is Iggy.

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

Chaltab posted:

It's awful. Sonic 2006 gets *favorable comparisons* to Sonic Boom.

Then those people are idiots. Sonic Boom is terrible, but Sonic 06 is numerous times worse.

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

I keep rereading that post, but I'm not sure how you come away with "more variety = not good" from it? How does changing how you fight/approach a character come out as a negative?

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

Raserys posted:

A) there already was a mewtwo render though? I guess it's not impossible to believe that they changed it but still

B) Rayman is Not Cool

That was the in game model, not a render

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

F. Lobot posted:

Rayman getting in before Snake is kinda insulting, if true.

What has Kojima done for Nintendo recently for Snake to make sense? He used Brawl to advertise MGS 4 and all we got out that was a quick mediocre port of MGS 3.

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

Don't get me wrong, I like Snake and would like him back. But I also recognize that Nintendo would probably rather put their efforts towards other characters instead of the one whose new game is showing up on all consoles except their own.

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

Everybody Loves Rayman

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

Funky Valentine posted:

Why did Project M add Roy?

Wasn't the whole point to "improve" Brawl?

Because he was in Melee and that means he must have been a worthy character (but Dark Pit is, of course, a waste of a character slot) :downs:

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

Aston posted:

Erm I think you'll find Roy sets his sword on fire (possibly with magic?) which is supremely bad rear end

That was kinda neat in Melee but mostly as a reason to use Roy instead of Marth. Then Ike came into our lives with his flamethrower compacted into the form of a big golden claymore and made Roy look like a toddler with a drool-covered rattle.

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

It's kind of presumptuous to assume that Nintendo's gonna model 6 different outfits for the character.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

http://i.imgur.com/kePePdy.png

Well then.

• Locked thread