Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Suspicious Cook
Oct 9, 2012

Onward to burgers!

gently caress trophy 2k14 posted:

i dont think this is canon

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Suspicious Cook
Oct 9, 2012

Onward to burgers!
First DLC pack has Mewtwo, Tanooki Mario, and Cat Peach.

Suspicious Cook
Oct 9, 2012

Onward to burgers!

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

Months of posts saying "gently caress Tanooki Mario" only for the DLC to drop and everyone realizes he is fantastic for some reason or another.

He's identical to the other Marios but his cape reflect is his tail and his Down+B is a statue drop like Kriby's stone power.

Actually, that would be the best version of Mario.

Suspicious Cook
Oct 9, 2012

Onward to burgers!
NNID: CruceJ

Sending my Smash weary bones to bed soon, but I'll add people from further back tomorrow. Online on this is soooo much better than the 3DS.

Suspicious Cook
Oct 9, 2012

Onward to burgers!
I really, really wish you could set your custom control scheme to the default.

Suspicious Cook
Oct 9, 2012

Onward to burgers!
I can't get enough of Captain Falcon's disapproving sneer when he doesn't win in Smash.

Suspicious Cook
Oct 9, 2012

Onward to burgers!

oswald ownenstein posted:

Manual says I need to double tap on the thumbstick and hit a button to do a smash attack - I thought you just hold it down after doing direction + attack?

There are three levels of normal attacks. Just hitting A without pressing a direction is your simple jab, lightly tilting the stick a direction and hitting A is a more powerful attack, and tapping a direction and hitting A is your smash attack. You can also hold a smash attack to charge it up for more damage and knock back.

You can also just use the right stick for smash attacks too.

Suspicious Cook
Oct 9, 2012

Onward to burgers!

Calaveron posted:

Is there a reliable way of getting Crazy Orders tickets? I'm sore I hosed up and lost when fighting Crazy Hand and losing the Jerghinga music CD as a reward and I want to loving try and get it again.

I've gotten several from just doing Classic Mode. My timing's not perfect, but it seems to be reliable enough.

Is Crazy Orders the best way to get CDs? Has anyone tried the old "CD Factory" trick where you make a small stage, turn items up to super high but turn them all off so all you get is music?

Suspicious Cook
Oct 9, 2012

Onward to burgers!

Still holding out for this Samus:

Suspicious Cook
Oct 9, 2012

Onward to burgers!

Blaze Dragon posted:

Wily Castle is a lot worse than Windy Hill Zone (if only that drat Yellow Devil wasn't there...)

If not for the Yellow Devil, I would love Wily Castle. Without the Yellow Devil it's basically Final Destination with platforms that swoop in from time to time to spice it up.

Suspicious Cook
Oct 9, 2012

Onward to burgers!
I think your friends list shows a selection of people you last met online. You can probably find and friend request him that way.

Suspicious Cook
Oct 9, 2012

Onward to burgers!

Calaveron posted:

This is legit creepypasta material

EDIT: but cool creepypasta like that one with the miner lady and the ghost, not lovely photorealistic blood ones.

"And then Faceless Wario let out a hyper-realistic fart that left the television, permeating my room!"

Suspicious Cook
Oct 9, 2012

Onward to burgers!

Rich Uncle Chet posted:

Yoshi no longer sasy "Briiiiing-Ha!" when doing his Down B what is this garbage Sakurai answer for your crimes.

The Duck Hunt Dog doesn't make the noise when he laughs. You know the noise.

How could they get this so wrong?

Suspicious Cook
Oct 9, 2012

Onward to burgers!

Chieves posted:

Is there a good recommended loadout for 9.0 classic? I've gotten close with Dedede and his gordos, but I don't know what equipment/ custom moves should be used. Or another character in general, I dunno.

I did it with Dedede today. I just took my two biggest +damage items and my biggest +def item to make my defense positive again. Speed doesn't matter at all. When your penguin's that big and beefy his Gordos will wreck every form of Master Core and just normal swings will blast Master Fortress's hearts.

Just remember that killing those laser things is top priority and that you can throw the Stalfos to completely negate their shield.

Dr. Gitmo Moneyson posted:

This game really needs a Gemini Man Stage music remix.

That's like the one Mega Man 3 song that really shouldn't be missing from this game, but is.

I really wanted some Mega Man X remixes but I knew that was too much to hope for.

Suspicious Cook fucked around with this message at 19:05 on Nov 24, 2014

Suspicious Cook
Oct 9, 2012

Onward to burgers!

Rich Uncle Chet posted:

Anyone got any tips for getting good with Dedede. I normally perfer fast characters but the King is too Perfect for me not to learn. Other than smacking Gordos at people and pressing crouch what should I be doing?

I'm not sure how many of these have been said already but I've been gone all day and felt like throwing in my two cents:

Throw Gordos, even at point blank. In fact, point blank lets you hit the person with both the Gordo and your hammer for an easy 24%.

Throw Gordos when recovering. I like to use a couple jumps then clear my landing trajectory with my pal, Big G, to discourage anyone who's trying to give chase or wait for my return.

You can tilt up while throwing Gordos to keep them close to you or down to make them go only midrange. The closer they stay to you the higher they bounce as well.

Inhaling projectiles is risky because Dedede's a slow eater, but inhaling your opponents is a great idea. Everyone has a counter any more but they can't counter being swallowed. You can also spit people off ledges to put them on the defensive which works great against characters too fast for a big, fat penguin.

You can jump while charging Dedede's Down+B. I can't count how many people I've taught that the hard way.

Dedede's forward smash is one of the most powerful things in this entire game. It's slow but it wrecks shop. Pro-tip: Inhaling people and just spitting them out will make them want to naturally gravitate back towards you... and your hammer.

You can cancel your Up+B by pressing up at any point but you'll still have landing lag. Instead, cancel and aim for a ledge for the invincibility. You can also cancel after sitting on an airborne opponent, spiking them into the abyss and still landing on a ledge safely. Just don't ever cancel right above the ground or you'll faceplant for several extremely vulnerable seconds.

As mentioned above, your down throw can be comboed into your forward air very easily.

Dedede's forward tilt has massive reach. I'm not 100%, but I think it can even stop Ike's charge without it hitting you.

Your up air has big reach and shoots people extremely far. It's a really good kill move with a hitbox well above your hurtbox.

Most importantly, always crouch at the end of battle, giving the camera your best bedroom eyes.

Suspicious Cook fucked around with this message at 04:21 on Nov 26, 2014

Suspicious Cook
Oct 9, 2012

Onward to burgers!

Kaethela posted:

Just throw gordos all the time and never stop.

This is also acceptable.

I once faced this tryhard Villager who kept showing off his skills by Balloon Tripping under the stage and constantly pocketing my Gordos. My favorite moment was when he threw one back at me and I hit it into his face. He flew off the screen so quickly it was like he just disappeared.

Moral of the story: Always Throw Gordos

Suspicious Cook
Oct 9, 2012

Onward to burgers!
They should patch in the ability to move while crouching for Dedede. He'd keep doing his relaxation lean but a handful of Waddle Dees would appear to pick him up and carry him.

Suspicious Cook
Oct 9, 2012

Onward to burgers!
The only things that really dampen my fun in events are the lack of a retry option when paused and the fact that so many give the stipulation of "in X seconds".

Suspicious Cook
Oct 9, 2012

Onward to burgers!

Slur posted:

I heard that there is a way to import your equipment from the 3DS version to the Wii U version. Can anyone instruct me on how to do this, if possible?

You can only use equipment on characters that you import from your 3DS. You can't import the equipment itself.

Speaking of, is there even a Gordo alt that isn't Topspin Gordo? I haven't unlocked that on either version.

Suspicious Cook
Oct 9, 2012

Onward to burgers!

DoctorWhat posted:

If you roll backwards, you stay facing the direction you were before the roll. If you roll forwards, you turn around to face [where you were before you rolled]. It's always been like that, in every Smash game.

I've been playing since N64 and I know this but I still get it wrong constantly. Nothing like inhaling off the ledge where your enemy isn't... :negative:

In other news, getting 8 KOs in Cruel Smash is ridiculous and nerve wracking. I'm glad I never have to do it again.

Suspicious Cook
Oct 9, 2012

Onward to burgers!
Sudden Death should have acid rise up below ledges instead of having Bob-ombs rain down. This would encourage actually playing the game.

Suspicious Cook
Oct 9, 2012

Onward to burgers!
I wish they'd just let us draw a stage in Photoshop and import it like Worms Armageddon did years ago.

Suspicious Cook
Oct 9, 2012

Onward to burgers!
I was doing FFA For Glory and started right next to Ness. My first move was to throw a Gordo at him. His first move was to bat it back at me. However, it happened so quickly, my hammer was still out and hit the reflected Gordo back at him. It hit him for 62% damage and killed him instantly in the first second of the match.

Gordo is the best projectile.

Suspicious Cook
Oct 9, 2012

Onward to burgers!

Why haven't we gotten a Mario Paint stage yet? I loved Mario Paint and I love this.

Suspicious Cook
Oct 9, 2012

Onward to burgers!

THE loving MOON posted:

DK needs some love. :saddowns:

Donkey Kong is overpowered in Trophy Rush.

Suspicious Cook
Oct 9, 2012

Onward to burgers!
It could just be a stock conversation for use with all DLC characters so they don't have to round up the voice actors to record new lines every time.

Suspicious Cook
Oct 9, 2012

Onward to burgers!
Items are better when they don't decide the flow of a match. They've ramped up in power to they point where they aren't fun any more. Items are best when they don't kill your opponent for you but instead give you an alternate way to do it yourself.

Even back in the N64 version, the most powerful items were the Hammer or the Bob-omb (maybe the Red Shell. What happened to that?). You could destroy your opponent with a well placed shot but they had the chance to dodge or steer clear. It's not like the screen turned black and no one had fun or they were abducted by aliens and instantly KOed or a giant legendary Pokemon blew everyone off the stage.

Suspicious Cook
Oct 9, 2012

Onward to burgers!
Dr. Mario is garbage in this one compared to his Melee self. It's sad.

In contrast, Ness rules. I ran him in FG tonight while giving Dedede a break and he's so much fun now that his attacks do things. They didn't do anything in Brawl. I knew he was better now but I never took the time to realize how much better until now. I'm so glad to see my boy wrecking shop. He's a good kid. :unsmith:

Suspicious Cook
Oct 9, 2012

Onward to burgers!

Calico Heart posted:

Oh, and I've never seen a Zelda or Meta Knight

I see Zelda in FFA far too often because people have discovered her teleport has huge knockback and she can safely just appear in the middle of a group for easy kills.

Suspicious Cook
Oct 9, 2012

Onward to burgers!

Ometeotl posted:

You try getting that suit off in an emergency.

She's an astronaut, sort of. She probably just has tubes for that kind of thing.

Suspicious Cook
Oct 9, 2012

Onward to burgers!

Smashing Link posted:

What is the character to pick if you don't have enough time or skill to get good at the game, but want people to think you're cool or at least be amused rather than annoyed at you?

Wario.

Bike everywhere. Then eat the bike. Then fart.

Suspicious Cook
Oct 9, 2012

Onward to burgers!

Dodgeball posted:

I'm pretty sure Other M was enough evidence that NOBODY from Metroid should talk...

"The last Metroid is in captivity. The galaxy is at peace." :colbert:

Suspicious Cook
Oct 9, 2012

Onward to burgers!
Until Lucario can hold items with his mind, Mewtwo will always be superior.

Suspicious Cook
Oct 9, 2012

Onward to burgers!

Sudo Echo posted:

Man that one guy must really hate Rosalina

Someone should break into that guy's house at night and rearrange all those Rosalinas so they form a circle around his bed.

Suspicious Cook
Oct 9, 2012

Onward to burgers!
If Ludwig and Roy cooperated, the brothers Mario would be forced to surrender to such brains and brawn. This is why the Koopalings are always fought individually, to keep the games fair for children.

Suspicious Cook
Oct 9, 2012

Onward to burgers!
Rayman 2: The Great Escape was a really good video game. The Precipice was my favorite level and while Capt. Razorbeard was lame looking he had a super cool boss theme:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AOppyrOiT3A

The latest Rayman platformers are good, but when I think Rayman, I think N64.

Suspicious Cook
Oct 9, 2012

Onward to burgers!
Nintendo should hire this guy to just make leaks non-stop during the next game's development. That way everything will still be a surprise, even if there really is a leak.

Suspicious Cook
Oct 9, 2012

Onward to burgers!
She makes up for it with a strong taunt game.

Suspicious Cook
Oct 9, 2012

Onward to burgers!

Bluff Buster posted:

Yes, I do like Wario Land, why do you ask?

Everyone likes Wario Land. There's no need to ask.

I'm still waiting for Wario Land 3D. :smith:

vvv Yes, and I can't figure why. In accordance with my loyalty to the real Wario games, his next representative should be Captain Syrup or Waluigi.

Suspicious Cook fucked around with this message at 03:27 on Feb 26, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Suspicious Cook
Oct 9, 2012

Onward to burgers!
A Little Mac player managed to Side B me during Sudden Death. He fell over the edge and died before I could finish bouncing around Luigi's Mansion and fly off the side. Victory.

Dizz posted:

That's only because Toad isn't a Smash character.

Toad's relegated to Peach's move set because he's at his best when he's being punched in the face.

• Locked thread