Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Gaffle
Aug 23, 2013

sWAg

Carrasco posted:

Well that sucks. Does your equipment transfer over at least?

You can transfer your custom fighters from the 3ds to Wii U to use them even if their moves and equipment aren't unlocked on Wii U yet. Even though it seems like transferring should unlock the moves and items, it apparently does not.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gaffle
Aug 23, 2013

sWAg

El Diabolico posted:

Is there an irc channel or something we can hang out and match-make/whine/complain in?

Yes there is: #goonsmash on synIRC. Please smash responsibly

Gaffle
Aug 23, 2013

sWAg

Cicadas! posted:

2 out of 3, not bad. :v:
Sonic is unexpected, though. Is it because most of his attacks seem to have stupidly good priority?

He's fast, has real combos, good grabs and followups, tons of mixups and options out of his side-b, and his up-b is crazy good since he can use A moves out of it, allowing him to chase you extremely high for combos. I've played a few good sonics on 4 glory and the sheer number of good options sonic has at any moment make him a challenging and dynamic opponent.

Gaffle
Aug 23, 2013

sWAg

Scrree posted:

Got this game yesterday and so far I've been having a lot of fun playing Little Mac. I went online and did some For Glory matches and had a pretty rough but fun time; I haven't seen anyone talk about him in the last few pages, is he considered bad or just rarely played due to being new?

It's the opposite actually; the first few weeks of smash 3ds were filled with people spamming Mac in For Glory, but that's calmed down a bit now that most people know how to deal with him. Mac is a character with extreme strengths and weaknesses which informed players will take advantage of. As of a few weeks ago, he reportedly had the lowest win rate online. He's powerful, but that doesn't necessarily make him an easy character to play.

Gaffle
Aug 23, 2013

sWAg

RyokoTK posted:

I notice they're doing 2-stock matches here at Xanadu, when it was 3 stocks for Brawl and 4 stocks for Melee. Is that the standard now for Smash 4? Is Smash 5 going to go to the logical extreme and do 1-stock matches?

Brawl tournaments have already switched to 1-stock matches, since that game is so slow and defensive. Here's a brawl tournament match from this May. Of course, they also do best of 5, so the matches still take some time.

Gaffle
Aug 23, 2013

sWAg

Macaluso posted:

who is the powerful grandma

Start a petition to get Twinrova added as dlc

Gaffle
Aug 23, 2013

sWAg

Today is the last day to register Smash 3DS and Wii U with club nintendo to get the bonus soundtrack cd if you haven't already.

Gaffle
Aug 23, 2013

sWAg

I wish every character in this game had custom special options as cool as Pacman's crazy fruit and DK's tornado up b.

Gaffle
Aug 23, 2013

sWAg

Glimm posted:

I might be the worst partner in teams of all time. Sorry Allie!

You actually did really well though. Nice pk thunder double kill

Gaffle
Aug 23, 2013

sWAg

Some equipment effects need to be unlocked via challenges like the smooth lander badge, but once you get those the effect can also be found on random drops.

Gaffle
Aug 23, 2013

sWAg

Reiley posted:

has my friend Mewtwo arrived yet

Mewtwo will not save smash, and neither will star wolf

Gaffle
Aug 23, 2013

sWAg

Snake is actually in the smash 4, but he's so stealthy that nobody has actually found him yet. In order to even have a chance at unlocking him you'll have to figure out a way to defeat his octo camo. But you'd better hurry, because if nobody unlocks him by the end of the month, sakurai will nerf snake into UnViability for eternity

Gaffle
Aug 23, 2013

sWAg

Reiley posted:

Wolf is real, and my friend.

W is real 2015

Gaffle
Aug 23, 2013

sWAg

Greninja's counter is better at killing him than it is his enemies

Gaffle
Aug 23, 2013

sWAg

We should play the game as Sakurai truly envisioned it: controlling two characters at once, a controller in each hand.

Gaffle
Aug 23, 2013

sWAg

I really like Pac Man's custom moves. Which other characters have cool and fun customs that I should try to get?

Gaffle
Aug 23, 2013

sWAg

Waverhouse posted:

Public Service Announcement: If you are a goon lurking in this thread you should join the IRC channel to find some games! We need more people to play with so we don't spend like 10 minutes trying to find a fourth for 2v2s. Peace.

#goonsmash on synirc for those who don't know

Gaffle
Aug 23, 2013

sWAg

Captain Redbeard posted:

I am organizing a tournament this weekend. What kind of rules/game types do you all appreciate or want to see more of?

the Sakurai Special: team battle, 2 players, 4 controllers. dq if anyone puts two hands on one controller

Gaffle
Aug 23, 2013

sWAg

Best Girl posted:

I agree, Travis Touchdown would be good in Smash.

I have a mii fighter of Travis but he has to be a brawler instead of a sword guy because mii customization sucks

Gaffle
Aug 23, 2013

sWAg

Yeah, I got mine months ago. Your soundtrack is lost in subspace, you'll have to defeat tabuu to get it back

Gaffle
Aug 23, 2013

sWAg

Yeah it's all viral marketing for Pacman 256

Gaffle
Aug 23, 2013

sWAg

Polo-Rican posted:

Also, the game mode where you choose a group of characters, and then you get one stock of each. It's the most fun game mode in any smash game.

This is actually in smash 4, but only as the final battle in smash tour mode lmao

Gaffle
Aug 23, 2013

sWAg

Why do all the neat custom b moves in this game have a ton of endlag for no good reason. Even the ones that are supposed to be faster!

Gaffle
Aug 23, 2013

sWAg

Kantesu posted:

Sooo, I just had Roy's up smash beat Greninja's Substitute. As in, the first hit set off the counter, and Greninja got hit anyway. It might just have been the angle, but I laughed pretty hard.

No greninja's counter is complete rear end, that kind of thing happens all the time

Gaffle
Aug 23, 2013

sWAg

I only charge up to 95% to keep my shots and DK punches stealthy.

Gaffle
Aug 23, 2013

sWAg

Yeah on the other hand with nearly charged moves you have to double tap b to get them out since your guy goes back to charging. Sometimes I have it charged so close to max that it reaches max in between my button presses and then the attack takes too long and I die lol. I guess lucario and mewtwo don't have that problem though

Gaffle
Aug 23, 2013

sWAg

The Goonsmash weekly tournament is going to be this Sunday at 5 pm est. All the fights will be done through the irc channel. Quote this or find me on the irc if you want to sign up.

Rules and bracket: http://challonge.com/goonsmash3

IRC channel: #goonsmash on synIRC

Gaffle
Aug 23, 2013

sWAg

Glimm posted:

I'd like to play

you can play

Gaffle
Aug 23, 2013

sWAg

The tournament has started everyone in it get in the irc right now please

Challonge.com/goonsmash3

#goonsmash on synirc

Gaffle
Aug 23, 2013

sWAg

http://challonge.com/goonsmash3

It's over. Congratulations to the winner, Tonetta.
Shame on the two no shows

Gaffle fucked around with this message at 00:49 on Aug 17, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gaffle
Aug 23, 2013

sWAg

The op is like a year old and the guy doesnt post here at all. The best way to get games with goons is to hang out on the irc channel and just see if anyone wants to play

• Locked thread