Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax

quote:

This review is from: Nintendo Wii U Console - 32GB Black Deluxe Set (Console)
I have been hearing about how Nintendo recently decided to hit Wii U users with a new mandatory User Licence Agreement and I am very disappointed. I understand why EULAs are put into place and its not unreasonable to have to agree to certain terms upon purchase, but I think it is a problem when initial terms have already been agreed upon and all of a sudden months and hundreds of dollars later the buyer is forced to agree to new terms or cope with a bricked system, a bunch of games that can no longer be played, and hundreds of dollars down the drain.

This is not a practice that I would like to see more of in the future. Until these companies understand that this is a bad business practice, I will not recommend their products to anyone. I encourage others to spread the word and think twice before giving high ratings to companies who take advantage of their customers.

* note: did not buy the console

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dec 26, 2012

ps4, didnt buy it posted:

This system is overpriced and not for children. Many of its games should never be played by a child or at least the child should be taken away. The system itself is poor it will heat up and make noise. The controller is too complicated for young hands. The games are mainly shooters ment to make children more violent which is a true thing. Don't let your children play shooters my nephew had become very violent and even started attacking my sister(his mother) in ways he learned from this evil machine.

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

quote:

it did not come with all the cords just power supply. not cool man

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?
amazon asks me to do reviews for inane poo poo and now i'm doing them like there was a cable i bought and it has a 5 star review from me with "connects 2 objects in a satisfactory manner"

Phyein
Jun 19, 2009

~Sucka Tried To Play Me
But You Never Paid Me, Never, Oh No You Didn't~
~Pay Back Is A Comin, You Will Be Runnin Forever~

quote:

1.0 out of 5 stars One Star, November 4, 2014
By
aiyma - See all my reviews
Verified Purchase(What's this?)
This review is from: Nintendo 64 System - Video Game Console (Video Game)
The wires fell apart 2 weeks after I got it.

Sir John Feelgood
Nov 18, 2009

Only thing i can say. I DID NOT KNOW YOU NEEDED A CREDIT CARD TO SET UP THIS SYSTEM!!!!!!! that sucks in so many ways. i am sorry i dont give out my credit card info to anybody!! way to many cyber thieves this days!!! plus if you spent the money to buy it why cant you play even the free games until you give them your credit card info!!!!!! sorry OUYA seems to me your company needs to think about a few things before you try to scam people out of there HARD EARNED CASH~!!!!!!!!!!!

Sir John Feelgood
Nov 18, 2009

This product is what ghetto people say "Ah heeeeelllll nah" to and the reason for this is because you need to go but the xbox one now.The xbox one is what ghetto people say "naw dats what I'm talkin' bout" to

Sombrerotron
Aug 1, 2004

Release my children! My hat is truly great and mighty.

good old review by "A Customer", june 9, 2000

quote:

If you are reading this review, then you are probably contemplating buying this system. Let me give you some simple advice: stay away, stay far away from this ancient crap. Do yourself a favor, and buy something decent. The only reason left to buy this aging ......thing.... is Pokemon, which gets old fast. The graphics are horrid (NES? over 10 years ago?) and the overall quality of 90% of the games are crud. Just garbage. Please, please do NOT buy this... if you really want a portable, go with a Neo-Geo Pocket Color (same price, WAAY more quality, highly recommended) with it's awesome games, or a Sega Nomad, with good graphics and huge library of super-cheap games (beware as it sucks batteries however). Trust me, if you want ACTUAL games, not 5 year-old crap side-scrolling platform games (ugh!) get a Neo-Geo Pocket Color. You won't regret it (just try SNK vs. Capcom, you won't believe it). I can't stress enough how much of a waste of money this garbage is, unless you ABSOLUTELY HAVE to play Pokemon.....which would be rather sad....

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax

quote:

Doesn't work, April 3, 2014
By NOEL ECHEVARRIA (SHAW AFB, SC United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: XBOX Console (Console)
It takes several attempts to load the games. The kids have patience for now. I do not recommend this seller.

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax
bought an xbox in 2014

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?
the neogeo pocket color owned if you had all like five games for it

Crown Face
Sep 24, 2008

quote:

disappointed grandson, January 3, 2014
By Elizabeth A Hill (HAUPPAUGE, NY, US) - See all my reviews
This review is from: GameCube Console - Indigo (Video Game)
This was a Christmas gift for my grandson who was so disappointed when he opened it and found that it did not come with wires?? It was not good

"Thanks for the Gamecube without any games in TYOOL 2014 Grandm........ there aren't any cords.....?!"

There are a ton of these 1-star cordless reviews, this is the best one I found:

quote:

Not what I thought for the price I paid., February 11, 2013
By P. McAllister - See all my reviews
(REAL NAME)
This review is from: GameCube Console - Indigo (Video Game)
I had bought this product because the last gamecube i had bought off ebay was missing a cord, so I was hoping that I would be able to throw away the old one and use this one. This one, on the posting said used like new. So I was all for it. I ordered it, it took a little while for it to ship. When I got the product it did not come with any cords for it. This product is not used like new. There are some minor marks on it.

Gamecube cords are like $5 on Amazon, but apparently some feel like it's a better deal to just throw away an old console without cords and buy one that comes with cords.

Also a used Wii is only $50~ so I don't even know what the heck.

What a world.

Sombrerotron
Aug 1, 2004

Release my children! My hat is truly great and mighty.

Crown Face posted:

Gamecube cords are like $5 on Amazon, but apparently some feel like it's a better deal to just throw away an old console without cords and buy one that comes with cords.
i'm guessing most of the people who complain about missing cables and whatnot have no idea that you can buy them separately

which is p. funny because jesus christ you can buy spare parts for anything

also actually see if the package is complete + functional before you give some second-hand crap to your (grand)kid as a present !! i mean really

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cenotaph
Mar 2, 2013

THE PENETRATOR posted:

bought an xbox in 2014

kids said they wanted an xbox one, can't blame him.

• Locked thread