Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

My Imaginary GF posted:

Some folks who defend Hamas therefore blame Israel for Hamas' possession of genocidal intent.

:ironicat: Because Israel doesn't have them too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

False Flag Rape
Aug 22, 2013

by Lowtax
I hope to god israel retaliates.

vintagepurple
Jan 31, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

My Imaginary GF posted:

Some folks who defend Hamas therefore blame Israel for Hamas' possession of genocidal intent.

no russians thought it would be sweet to slaughter germans and rape their women in the ruins of berlin in 1931

many russians thought it would be sweet to slaughter germans and rape their women in the ruins of berlin in 1941

definitely not germans fault thought! just russian barbarism, inevitably manifesting

nuke russia

My Imaginary GF
Jul 17, 2005

by R. Guyovich

CommieGIR posted:

:ironicat: Because Israel doesn't have them too.

If Israel wanted to, Israel has the ability to genocide all Palestinians. Hamas does not have the ability to genocide all Israelis, and it wants to.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

My Imaginary GF posted:

If Israel wanted to, Israel has the ability to genocide all Palestinians. Hamas does not have the ability to genocide all Israelis, and it wants to.

No, they've just opted for the slow and steady method of starvation, bombing, and oppressive living conditions. Don't forget encroaching and illegal land siezures and settlements.

Nuke Iran amirite?

Pycckuu
Sep 13, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

CommieGIR posted:

Reminder: This is the poster who, in past threads, has called for Israel to carry pre-emptive nuclear strikes on Iran.

I never did such a thing.

emanresu tnuocca
Sep 2, 2011

by Athanatos

My Imaginary GF posted:

The deal is that Hamas' endorsement of today's synagogue massacre demonstrates the reality of their ambitions: they retain actual genocidal intentions.

Nice effort but you do realize this is complete bullshit right?

Effectronica
May 31, 2011
Fallen Rib

Pycckuu posted:

quote:

People are lovely towards the gypsies because gypsies steal. If you want to change the way you are treated by others, stop stealing their poo poo.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

Pycckuu posted:

Sorry thought I was quoting MIGF :doh:

My Imaginary GF
Jul 17, 2005

by R. Guyovich

emanresu tnuocca posted:

Nice effort but you do realize this is complete bullshit right?

Let’s say Hamas had the firepower of Israel and Israel had the firepower of Hamas. What do you think would happen to Israel were the balance of power reversed?

Flip Yr Wig
Feb 21, 2007

Oh please do go on
Fun Shoe

My Imaginary GF posted:

Let’s say Hamas had the firepower of Israel and Israel had the firepower of Hamas. What do you think would happen to Israel were the balance of power reversed?

Do you think the ideologies of each party arose completely independently of the material state of affairs between them and the history of how it got to this point?

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

My Imaginary GF posted:

The same thing Israel is already doing :ironicat:

Also: Even Israel has admitted the Palestinians wanting to wipe out Israel is bullshut.

emanresu tnuocca
Sep 2, 2011

by Athanatos

My Imaginary GF posted:

No I'm not playing this game again.

Your statement is bullshit and you know it, Hamas endorsing terror attacks proves nothing but the fact that Hamas endorses terror attacks.

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe

False Flag Rape posted:

I hope to god israel retaliates.

They already retaliated, the two guys who did it were killed at the scene.

Wait *gasp* do you mean attack somebody who wasn't involved?

Polygynous
Dec 13, 2006
welp

My Imaginary GF posted:

It would probably depend on what Israel does, and if history is any indication...

My Imaginary GF
Jul 17, 2005

by R. Guyovich

SinetheGuy posted:

Do you think the ideologies of each party arose completely independently of the material state of affairs between them and the history of how it got to this point?

I don't care how nihilist idealogues arose, I care that they have to die because their actions impact others. So, instead of handwaving the question away, if the balance of power were reversed today, what would happen?

Don't be naive in this consideration.

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

My Imaginary GF posted:

Hamas would do exactly what Israel is doing now.

Pycckuu
Sep 13, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

I don't understand what you are trying to say here.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

My Imaginary GF posted:

I don't care how nihilist idealogues arose, I care that they have to die because their actions impact others. So, instead of handwaving the question away, if the balance of power were reversed today, what would happen?

Don't be naive in this consideration.

Again, the exact same thing Israel is already doing

But guess who IS doing it RIGHT NOW in THIS world.

This 'Just asking questions' bullshit makes zero sense.

Pistol_Pete
Sep 15, 2007

Oven Wrangler
Guys, we should be using this thread for serious discussion, like how the Israeli government should be responding to this attack.

PERSONALLY, I think that they should go off and kill a whole bunch of Palestinians that had nothing to do with it, 'cos that's what they always do and it's always solved the problem in the past :)

Heavy neutrino
Sep 16, 2007

You made a fine post for yourself. ...For a casualry, I suppose.

My Imaginary GF posted:

This is moronic; you can't detach the character of each organization from the material and historical contexts from which they emerged. The answer is that if Hamas somehow had the upper hand, it would be an entirely different organization with an entirely different history and character.

Effectronica
May 31, 2011
Fallen Rib

Pycckuu posted:

I don't understand what you are trying to say here.

quote:

Racism is undoubtedly bad, and I'm glad that American goons who only see minorities on TV and think Roma are mythical creatures similar to the elves are here to set the record straight and explain the real cause for these ethnic tensions in a region thousands of miles away.

I sure am glad a proud anti-ziganist is talking about race.

vintagepurple
Jan 31, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

My Imaginary GF posted:

This is a dumbass thing to say because Hamas as a terrorist organization arose due to the fact that they were outgunned. If Hamas had spent the last 70 years ruling the Islamic State of Palestine and Likud was a militant zionist organization that ruled a tiny jewish ghetto, you can be drat sure that the situation would be pretty similar to what it is.

My Imaginary GF
Jul 17, 2005

by R. Guyovich

Sheng-ji Yang posted:

Hamas would do exactly what Israel is doing now.

The exact same thing as Israel? No, not at all. They'd be doing the exact same thing as ISIS.

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe
Guys what if neither Israel nor Hamas had any power, and were actually just two old men playing checkers in a restaurant, I believe you'll find this thought exercise enlightening and MAY turn a few of your preconceptions, as it were, on their heads

Effectronica
May 31, 2011
Fallen Rib

My Imaginary GF posted:

The exact same thing as Israel? No, not at all. They'd be doing the exact same thing as ISIS.

Hmm, no, I don't think Hamas would be attempting to establish a neo-Caliphate if they had the resources of a developed nation, you loving idiot.

vintagepurple
Jan 31, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo
How often were jews in Palestine murdered by militant islamists before the establishment of Israel? Honest question.

Pycckuu
Sep 13, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

Effectronica posted:

I sure am glad a proud anti-ziganist is talking about race.

I still don't understand what that has to do with Israel or Palestine. Perhaps you could stop threadshitting and importing drama so everyone can enjoy a constructive discussion?

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

My Imaginary GF posted:

No, not at all. They'd be doing the exact same thing as Israel.

emanresu tnuocca
Sep 2, 2011

by Athanatos
This is an awesome derail, yes it's fair to speculate that had some miracle occurred right now that would somehow give Hamas access to the same resources Israel possesses while simultaneously stripping the access to those resources from Israel that bad poo poo would go down as far as the Israelis are concerned, yes it's fair to assume that Hamas might be considerably more brutal and genocidal. What does this prove though and who cares other than Israel apologists?

This scenario is complete fantasy anyway, it's just another "Israel has to defend itself" non-sequitur.

emanresu tnuocca
Sep 2, 2011

by Athanatos

vintagepurple posted:

How often were jews in Palestine murdered by militant islamists before the establishment of Israel? Honest question.

Occasionally.

1929 Hebron massacre is a famous example. Though I don't think 'Islamism' has had anything to do with it.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

My Imaginary GF posted:

No, they'd be a state roughly the size of Israel.

You know, the one's the British promised before backtracking at the end of World War 1?

But enough about bizarro world...

Is there any likelihood if Israel doing another offensive over this, or can they even risk it what with the amount of negative exposure they got with the most recent one?

CommieGIR fucked around with this message at 00:03 on Nov 19, 2014

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe

My Imaginary GF posted:

If Hamas started getting more US military aid than any other nation, they would use that aid to steal oil and traffic slaves?

Crowsbeak
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
Lipstick Apathy

vintagepurple posted:

This is a dumbass thing to say because Hamas as a terrorist organization arose due to the fact that they were outgunned. If Hamas had spent the last 70 years ruling the Islamic State of Palestine and Likud was a militant zionist organization that ruled a tiny jewish ghetto, you can be drat sure that the situation would be pretty similar to what it is.

Probably MAD.

My Imaginary GF
Jul 17, 2005

by R. Guyovich

Sheng-ji Yang posted:

No, not at all. They'd be doing the exact same thing as Israel.

Based upon what evidence? Their words, their actions, their endorsements ring different. Hamas is a totalitarian facist organization and must be understood as such when formulating policy to deal with their terror attacks. The more they martyr, the stronger they become.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

My Imaginary GF posted:

Based upon what evidence? Their words, their actions, their endorsements ring different. Hamas is a totalitarian facist organization and must be understood as such when formulating policy to deal with their terror attacks. The more they martyr, the stronger they become.

Versus an oppresive apartheid extreme conservative colonial power :allears:

Could you stop making GBS threads up the thread with 'What ifs' and 'Just asking questions' bullshit?

Polygynous
Dec 13, 2006
welp
Not even two pages to Islamofacism(sic), good job.

My Imaginary GF
Jul 17, 2005

by R. Guyovich

CommieGIR posted:

Versus an oppresive apartheid extreme conservative colonial power :allears:

Could you stop making GBS threads up the thread with 'What ifs' and 'Just asking questions' bullshit?

Its not a what-if. You must bash the fash no matter how 'anti-colonialist' they claim to be.

Effectronica
May 31, 2011
Fallen Rib

My Imaginary GF posted:

Its not a what-if. You must bash the fash no matter how 'anti-colonialist' they claim to be.

Agreed, Likud must be destroyed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

My Imaginary GF posted:

Nuke Iran amirite?

Please, stop before you get this thread trashed too.

• Locked thread