Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
rscott
Dec 10, 2009

My Imaginary GF posted:

Based upon what evidence? Their words, their actions, their endorsements ring different. Hamas is a totalitarian facist organization and must be understood as such when formulating policy to deal with their terror attacks. The more they martyr, the stronger they become.

you're doing this karl rove thing where you project all the poo poo that your side is doing on to the side that you don't like and it's really dumb and gross and you should be ashamed of it, hope this helps!

e: I mean this whole loving is an ahistorical, completely contextless hypothetical how the gently caress do you get off asking for evidence of anything lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rscott
Dec 10, 2009

My Imaginary GF posted:

A mosque with a weapons cache is defiled ground, and not a holy site.

http://www.haaretz.com/print-edition/features/jews-just-like-arabs-hid-weapons-in-immoral-places-1.339432

the only moral terrorism is my terrorism

rscott
Dec 10, 2009

My Imaginary GF posted:

If you cannot see the context with Jewish presence at the temple mount being a "contamination" of the site in the eyes of Arabs, I cannot help you.

You literally asked for a Palestinian leader condemning the attacks, and when you received an example you responded with something that is totally irrelevant. Are you saying that the BBC is lying and that Abbas did not actually issue that statement?

rscott
Dec 10, 2009

My Imaginary GF posted:

Use a definition of "oppressive apartheid state" which is narrow enough to not apply to all states in the region yet broad enough to not be reduced to 'because Jews.'

This is an invalid line of defense because Israel claims to be a beacon of democracy and human rights in a sea of barbarism. Enlightened democracies have certain standards of behavior towards people who live in lands they claim sovereignty over, and Israel does not meet these standards. If we judge Israel by the same standards we apply to other states in the region, then Israel loses it's position of moral superiority that is so fundamental to their national ethos.

rscott
Dec 10, 2009

Effectronica posted:

The vast majority of people on Earth passively support abhorrent poo poo. So we either loathe them all, or we figure out a way to make Israel's occupation of Palestine materially different from China's actions against the Uighurs, such that Israelis are bad people but Chinese people are not. This is distinct from the morality of the occupation itself- after all, one could argue that ending the occupation of Palestine is an act of incredible compassion towards Israelis, helping to liberate them from a prison of fear, hatred, and racism.
How about Israel is a democracy and China isn't for one?

E: are there even any videos of Chinese mobs lynching minorities after any of the knife attacks there?

rscott fucked around with this message at 23:54 on Oct 21, 2015

rscott
Dec 10, 2009
Could it be that people are so ready to equivocate between Israeli right wing nationalism and the Nazis because the Israelis tend to make the equivocation when they label any criticism of Israeli policy as anti semitic? At least you that is how it comes across to me, the (not so) implicit justification for their apartheid policies is to prevent something like the Holocaust from ever happening again.

If anything the analogy is cheapened by all the dumb Bush = Hitler and the ready claim for leftists and rightists to tar their opponents with the brush of fascism, not when the people's who's national identity was shaped by the Holocaust seem to be walking down the same ideological path.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rscott
Dec 10, 2009
What about efforts to shut down discussion of Israel's actions wrt genocide by claiming that Palestinians aren't a distinct ethnic group?

• Locked thread