Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lady Morgaga
Aug 27, 2012

by Smythe
Do people really think that if Israel become poorer then palestinians situation will improve?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lady Morgaga
Aug 27, 2012

by Smythe

CommieGIR posted:

No, more the world scowling at Israel might show that we don't actually think they are as superior as they think they are. But its never going to happen as long as the US is around.

What "world scowling at Israel" even means?

Lady Morgaga
Aug 27, 2012

by Smythe

CommieGIR posted:

Actually showing disapproval for their actions.
World is showing disapproval for their actions for decades.

Lady Morgaga
Aug 27, 2012

by Smythe

As classy as every journalist in Gaza isnt it?

EDIT: They didnt place a teddy-bear on top didnt they?

Lady Morgaga
Aug 27, 2012

by Smythe

SedanChair posted:

Why would it be hard? It doesn't seem to be hard to sympathize with people who take carefree selfies in bomb shelters because they know there is no real danger, while voting in psychopaths who kill thousands of innocent people.

What would be appropriate behavior while being in bomb shelter?

Lady Morgaga
Aug 27, 2012

by Smythe

CommieGIR posted:

Well, setting up couches and watching the carnage is probably not appropriate considering the danger of being hit by Hamas rockets....

....oh wait.

You guys are in so much danger! :ohdear:
In the process of being genocided. Somewhat nonchalant no?

I forgot where I am for a second. Goodbye.

Lady Morgaga
Aug 27, 2012

by Smythe

Xander77 posted:

Ahaha. Jesus gently caress.

No, I literally laughed out loud here. The refugees merely "crossed the border back [into Israel]". What did they do once they were there? Who knows. Charity works, probably. Established a kitten petting zoo, I believe. We do know for a fact what the Israelis did in retaliation for all that puppy hugging.

Textbook. Bravo.
What did you expect? This is the same forum where Hamas digs tunnels to Israel because they really really want that delivery of Israeli Pizza Hut.

Lady Morgaga
Aug 27, 2012

by Smythe

Main Paineframe posted:

What's the special snowflake word for holding Arabs to a higher standard than Israelis, then?
Fiction.

Lady Morgaga
Aug 27, 2012

by Smythe

Kajeesus posted:

Pop quiz: who is more opposed to a framework that will actually improve living conditions in Gaza: HAMAS or the Likud coalition? I'll give you a hint: you're a disingenuous loving idiot if you think it's the one that has to live in Gaza.

So not Hamas huh. Because it looks like you unaware that their bigwigs living anywhere but Gaza.

Lady Morgaga
Aug 27, 2012

by Smythe

Kajeesus posted:

IWell, yes, mysteriously there are very few Hamas VIPs in the open-air prison from which Israel routinely kidnaps and tortures people, and whose civilian homes are bombed to assassinate prominent members. I suppose you can assume that Hamas' leadership would torpedo peace talks if they were ever invited to them, since they may not represent their members who actually live in Gaza, and their actual goal is the death of every Jew or whatever. The day Hamas is party to an actual peace talk, we'll have to see.
The whole planet is open air prison. Please save you hysterics. And while you might disagree with acceptable amount of collateral damage when you are killing "prominent members" of internationally recognized terrorist organization your supposed peace seekers dont even have an excuse of trying to kill legitimate target when using people as delivery system for high explosives. On being the party to actual peace talks I guess will see Hamas a party of actual peace talks roughly at same time when we'll see Kach as one.

Lady Morgaga
Aug 27, 2012

by Smythe
On one hand we have "bombings" that done minor damage to couple of empty libraries. On other we have bombings that killed 70 people. The fact that former considered worse or equivalent in Somethingawfuldotcom I/P thread, because Israel, is... business as usual I guess.

Lady Morgaga fucked around with this message at 22:29 on May 22, 2015

Lady Morgaga
Aug 27, 2012

by Smythe

Jack of Hearts posted:

Maybe terrorism is bad categorically?
Maybe.

Jack of Hearts posted:

And committing crimes that you then intend to blame on innocent parties is wretched?
Maybe. Although some might say that what kind of crime you framing innocents for matters.

Jack of Hearts posted:

No one claimed equivalence, that is your own bizarre projection.
You are correct. No one claimed equivalence. To do that acknowledgement of the incident and admitting that the incident matters at all must come first.

Lady Morgaga
Aug 27, 2012

by Smythe
Well I am not history professor or something so my knowledge may be lacking. Could you please tell me when Palestine was a country?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lady Morgaga
Aug 27, 2012

by Smythe

team overhead smash posted:

Well most countries in the world recognise it as a state now.

However that's not the point. The point is that he was asked a straightforward question of what he thinks about the Israeli Palestinian conflict in general (nothing about Palestine's historic status) and his answer was pointing out Palestine was never a country. It's a nonsense criticism designed to weaken an already disenfranchised people.
I think its hard to separate I/P conflict from history surrounding it. Eventually unlike BDS movement he didnt claim to have all the right answers. His sin apparently was saying a non-sequitur.

team overhead smash posted:

It's like being asked "What are your thoughts about a secret cartel of Jews ruling the world" and answering "From my experience in the USA Jews are statistically the wealthiest ethnic group, even wealthier than white non-jews". While technically true and not in itself racist, the implication is clear.
I think there are less valid answers to questions about secret cabal of Jews then to general questions about I/P conflict. Some people in D&D might disagree with me.

• Locked thread