Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
a bay
Oct 14, 2014

by Lowtax
It's a well known secret that many Hollywood personalities like Tom Cruise, Kevin Costner and Ryan Gosling are living "alternative" lifestyles on the down low. But did you know that Hollywood's preference for men who love men extends even to characters without human bodies? Here are a few examples that I am sure are just the tip of a very fabulous iceberg:

2001: A Space Odyssey: HAL 9000 basically established the archetype of the camp voiced computer, and was characterized by a big red hole that bears a strong resemblance to an image that you might have seen on this very website. Highly suspect.

Tron: This guy is a celebrity, a hero even, in a digital world with few limits; you might think he would be on some Wilt Chamberlain with no refractory period type poo poo... but you would be wrong, because all he seems to want to do is ride bikes and play jai alai. Sounds like plenty of straight guys I know... not!

WarGames: "A strange game, the only winning move is not to play." How could this refer to anything besides the inevitability of a life-threatening infection as a result of participating in a "strange game", aka battyman behavior?

Moon: Kevin Spacey using emoticons, need I say more?

Johnny Menomenic: Okay, maybe not exactly a computer, but he has a computer in his head, and the fact that he is portrayed by Keanu Reeves more than makes up for any humanity(or potential heterosexuality) the character might have had.

That's just off the top of my head, anybody else noticed more than one kind of "funny" computer in films or television?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat
hal 9000 has red eyes, not red buttholes. BIG fail, op. :rolleyes:

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat
the computer that scotty breaks in star trek iii is gay.

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat
also the one that he tries to use in star trek iv

pram
Jun 10, 2001
great posts

PuTTY riot
Nov 16, 2002

pram posted:

great posts

why start now

a bay
Oct 14, 2014

by Lowtax
The I Robot from "I, Robot" is based on science fiction maestro Isaac Asimov's most ambitious premise: what would it take to make Will Smith look straight?

Widdiful
Oct 10, 2012

a bay posted:

It's a well known secret that many Hollywood personalities like Tom Cruise, Kevin Costner and Ryan Gosling are living "alternative" lifestyles on the down low. But did you know that Hollywood's preference for men who love men extends even to characters without human bodies? Here are a few examples that I am sure are just the tip of a very fabulous iceberg:

2001: A Space Odyssey: HAL 9000 basically established the archetype of the camp voiced computer, and was characterized by a big red hole that bears a strong resemblance to an image that you might have seen on this very website. Highly suspect.

Tron: This guy is a celebrity, a hero even, in a digital world with few limits; you might think he would be on some Wilt Chamberlain with no refractory period type poo poo... but you would be wrong, because all he seems to want to do is ride bikes and play jai alai. Sounds like plenty of straight guys I know... not!

WarGames: "A strange game, the only winning move is not to play." How could this refer to anything besides the inevitability of a life-threatening infection as a result of participating in a "strange game", aka battyman behavior?

Moon: Kevin Spacey using emoticons, need I say more?

Johnny Menomenic: Okay, maybe not exactly a computer, but he has a computer in his head, and the fact that he is portrayed by Keanu Reeves more than makes up for any humanity(or potential heterosexuality) the character might have had.

That's just off the top of my head, anybody else noticed more than one kind of "funny" computer in films or television?

haha i didnt read this

bobbilljim
May 29, 2013

this christmas feels like the very first christmas to me
:shittydog::shittydog::shittydog:
nice thread bae

du -hast
Mar 12, 2003

BEHEAD THOSE WHO INSULT GENTOO
Actually read, regretting it

theadder
Dec 30, 2011