Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dexters Secret
Jun 19, 2014

Rexicon1 posted:

I think I'm starting to finally grow out of pokemon guys. What games do you recommend to me now that the magic in my soul is dead.

Kane & Lynch: Dog Days

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rexicon1
Oct 9, 2007

A Shameful Path Led You Here

SeXReX posted:

Shin Megami Tensi or whatever the hell that "pokemon but with demons and poo poo" series is that weebs circlejerk over endlessly.

Is that the one I can kiss a devil or literally God

Rexicon1
Oct 9, 2007

I wish I could kiss the pokemon in my party but I'll have to settle for lucifer I guess

Dexters Secret
Jun 19, 2014

ditto will become an anime girl and i will kiss her

Rexicon1
Oct 9, 2007

Did it ever bother anyone that later gen legendary Pokemon were beings that literally created time and space and that you subjected them to your will and didn't go mad with power destroying the fabric of reality to your whims?

It kind of ruined my immersion

Zoq-Fot-Pik
Jun 27, 2008

Frungy!

Rexicon1 posted:

Did it ever bother anyone that later gen legendary Pokemon were beings that literally created time and space and that you subjected them to your will and didn't go mad with power destroying the fabric of reality to your whims?

No.

Rexicon1
Oct 9, 2007

Not even a little? Cmon. You had to at least think about it.

Mach2
Feb 28, 2014

Rexicon1 posted:

I think I'm starting to finally grow out of pokemon guys. What games do you recommend to me now that the magic in my soul is dead.

Russian Roulette 2: Fully Loaded Edition

Rexicon1
Oct 9, 2007

Mach2 posted:

Russian Roulette 2: Fully Loaded Edition

Is that on desura?

Silver Striker
May 22, 2013

SeXReX posted:

Shin Megami Tensi or whatever the hell that "pokemon but with demons and poo poo" series is that weebs circlejerk over endlessly.

Normie detected. Assassins dispatched.

Zoq-Fot-Pik
Jun 27, 2008

Frungy!

Silver Striker posted:

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

Rexicon1 posted:

If you don't think that's cool+powerful I have bad news to you, as a qualified expert in AIDS detection

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
7.8 heh that's what they get for removing dress-up. Gamefreak your house of cards has crumbled like a wax candle underneath the weight of removing the defining feature of the 3D pokemon games.

Are shinies any easier to breed in ORAS than in XY? I was kind of hoping they would make breeding into a minigame like stat training so you could determine the color and poo poo.

Honestly I kind of wish instead of a single shiny color they had multiples and the determining factor of their color was what region they hatched in instead of RNG. The Stadium games gave your mons a different color if you named them and I kind of wish that amount of color diversity returned since the portable games are in 3d.

That and I'd like a blue charizard.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

Silver Striker posted:

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

The Taint Reaper posted:

7.8 heh that's what they get for removing dress-up. Gamefreak your house of cards has crumbled like a wax candle underneath the weight of removing the defining feature of the 3D pokemon games.

Are shinies any easier to breed in ORAS than in XY? I was kind of hoping they would make breeding into a minigame like stat training so you could determine the color and poo poo.

Honestly I kind of wish instead of a single shiny color they had multiples and the determining factor of their color was what region they hatched in instead of RNG. The Stadium games gave your mons a different color if you named them and I kind of wish that amount of color diversity returned since the portable games are in 3d.

That and I'd like a blue charizard.

Shut the gently caress up loving christ

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

qnqnx posted:

Shut the gently caress up loving christ

I have 719 pokemon I'm allowed to say things about pokemon. You do not tell a true master to stfu about his beloved pokemon.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Rexicon1 posted:

I recommend a bullet to the head.

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

The Taint Reaper posted:

I have 719 pokemon I'm allowed to say things about pokemon. You do not tell a true master to stfu about his beloved pokemon.

You're no master

Silver Striker
May 22, 2013

The Taint Reaper posted:

You're only a master of the diarrhea dumps you call posts.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Mega slowbro looks p awesome that is the selling point of the game to me

Bolverkur
Aug 9, 2012

argh should I get X/Y or these cool remakes (only partly played the originals)

help me imp zone

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

TheLovablePlutonis posted:

Mega slowbro looks p awesome that is the selling point of the game to me

I was on the fence until I remembered Mega Metagross

Nasgate
Jun 7, 2011

Bolverkur posted:

argh should I get X/Y or these cool remakes (only partly played the originals)

help me imp zone

Two words: Secret Bases.

X/Y was alright with the dress up, but forcing your friends to power down without saving because you put them in an infinite conveyor belt loop is way more exciting.

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.
And get mad at people on the internet

:emptyquote:

Nasgate posted:

Two words: Secret Bases.

X/Y was alright with the dress up, but forcing your friends to power down without saving because you put them in an infinite conveyor belt loop is way more exciting.

They don't force you to save right before going there like in DP?

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

woofbro posted:

It's a 7.8, that's BASICALLY a zero in gaming review terms.

The dumb reviewer doesn't like water and HMs, what a joke.

I didn't know the I in IGN stood for Illuminati.

This guy gave the new CoD a 9.1, what a loving jip.

Are they getting paid under the table?

I just can't get over this review.

I need a shrink.

It's spelled "gyp" because its short for gypsies.

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

Tatum Girlparts posted:

I do like her two negatives being basically 'I don't like gen 3', that's cool, everyone likes different gens, but what the gently caress did you expect?

People that don't like gen3 are absolute retards and typically come to that opinion because someone else spoonfed the 'problems' to them which they then accepted without question.

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

SeXReX posted:

SMT is really good.

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

Tatum Girlparts posted:

A valid issue to have, Battle Frontier isn't in, but it's hinted at as a thing being built so may be dlc. That'd be dumb.

Oh word? That's gay, since battle fronteir is way better than the battle maison/battle subway and all that gay poo poo. The Pokemon World Tournaments were kinda cool though.

DoubleDonut
Oct 22, 2010

Fallen Rib
Black and White were really good and seemed like they were made for people who actually play Pokemon games and are tired of poo poo like having to have HM slaves (you only need to use an HM once to actually progress iirc) and catching Pidgey and Geodude in every single game

And then they made X and Y where the starters were so unbelievably terribly designed that they just let you get Charmander right at the start anyway. A game made for people who vaguely remember pokemon from elementary school

Well, that's my pokepinion

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

Silver Striker posted:

Some of the points like HM make sense, though. I really wish Pokemon would move away from those things as they just don't contribute positively to the game. It just takes up a party slot with an HM slave.

I like some of the mods that change all the HMs to be really good useful moves like Cut turns into a base 90 physical Grass move or Strengnth becomes Fighting etc.

But they should basically remove HMs from the game at this point, since the 'can teach over and over' has been adapted by TMs anyway so HMs are now even worse. They have been scaling back on them (Black/White and X/Y didn't require HMs at all to complete the main game, with the exception of a couple of small segments that require like surf and strength I think. On the otehr hand, gamefreak has stupidly replaced HMs with ridiculous gates that prevent you from advancing until a trigger is reached, like a bunch of literal clowns blocking your path into the Black City / White Forest in Black and White.

Pokemon needs to move to become a much more non-linear game, letting you challenge the gyms in any order, and explore most of the land and catch most of the pokemon right from the start of the game. Obviously some areas should still be sectioned off for postgame content, some pokemon shouldn't be available for capture, and there probably needs to be a smart solution to level scaling for this style of gameplay (raise the level of pokemon/trainers with each badge you get, or make it scale with your own level, or something).

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

DoubleDonut posted:

Black and White were really good and seemed like they were made for people who actually play Pokemon games and are tired of poo poo like having to have HM slaves (you only need to use an HM once to actually progress iirc) and catching Pidgey and Geodude in every single game

And then they made X and Y where the starters were so unbelievably terribly designed that they just let you get Charmander right at the start anyway. A game made for people who vaguely remember pokemon from elementary school

Charmander is a human being pokemon and people who like him are faggots

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

If someone says their favorite pokemon is Charizard, Scizor, or any legendary pokemon, you know you're dealing with a mindless simp. Pinsir, Metagross, Heracross, Chandelure are all way cooler.

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

A cool drat horse posted:

*takes a huge whiff of a turd* God drat, I can't believe this smells so bad.

Sounds like you need your diaper changed.

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

Rexicon1 posted:

That's not what bothered me about them. What bothered me was that they are hte loving ugliest most over designed legendaries that they could've possibly come up with. Zekrom and Rashirm are the two worst offenders.

DoubleDonut
Oct 22, 2010

Fallen Rib

Borsche69 posted:

If someone says their favorite pokemon is Charizard, Scizor, or any legendary pokemon, you know you're dealing with a mindless simp. Pinsir, Metagross, Heracross, Chandelure are all way cooler.

Fargield
Sep 27, 2008

A cool drat horse posted:

*takes a huge whiff of a turd* God drat, I can't believe this smells so bad.

Silver Striker
May 22, 2013

Borsche69 posted:

I like some of the mods that change all the HMs to be really good useful moves like Cut turns into a base 90 physical Grass move or Strengnth becomes Fighting etc.

But they should basically remove HMs from the game at this point, since the 'can teach over and over' has been adapted by TMs anyway so HMs are now even worse. They have been scaling back on them (Black/White and X/Y didn't require HMs at all to complete the main game, with the exception of a couple of small segments that require like surf and strength I think. On the otehr hand, gamefreak has stupidly replaced HMs with ridiculous gates that prevent you from advancing until a trigger is reached, like a bunch of literal clowns blocking your path into the Black City / White Forest in Black and White.

Pokemon needs to move to become a much more non-linear game, letting you challenge the gyms in any order, and explore most of the land and catch most of the pokemon right from the start of the game. Obviously some areas should still be sectioned off for postgame content, some pokemon shouldn't be available for capture, and there probably needs to be a smart solution to level scaling for this style of gameplay (raise the level of pokemon/trainers with each badge you get, or make it scale with your own level, or something).

These are really good ideas. I would love to see Pokemon games focus more on the exploration and adventure rather than the linear stuff. I think it would be neat if your trainer leveled up too and unlocked perks as you became a better trainer or something.

Dec 26, 2012

Silver Striker posted:

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

DoubleDonut posted:

A bad pokepinion

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Borsche69 posted:

what about Garchomp

• Locked thread