Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Silver Striker
May 22, 2013

Tatum Girlparts posted:

I do like her two negatives being basically 'I don't like gen 3', that's cool, everyone likes different gens, but what the gently caress did you expect?

Gen 3 is the best gen and if this reviewer gave Gen 4 a high rating I'm going to be very peeved.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Silver Striker
May 22, 2013

Some of the points like HM make sense, though. I really wish Pokemon would move away from those things as they just don't contribute positively to the game. It just takes up a party slot with an HM slave.

Silver Striker
May 22, 2013

mabels big day posted:

They never will.

True. At least they're moving away from having 10 loving HMs. That was awful.

Silver Striker
May 22, 2013

SeXReX posted:

Shin Megami Tensi or whatever the hell that "pokemon but with demons and poo poo" series is that weebs circlejerk over endlessly.

Normie detected. Assassins dispatched.

Silver Striker
May 22, 2013

The Taint Reaper posted:

I have 719 pokemon I'm allowed to say things about pokemon. You do not tell a true master to stfu about his beloved pokemon.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

You're only a master of the diarrhea dumps you call posts.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Silver Striker
May 22, 2013

Borsche69 posted:

I like some of the mods that change all the HMs to be really good useful moves like Cut turns into a base 90 physical Grass move or Strengnth becomes Fighting etc.

But they should basically remove HMs from the game at this point, since the 'can teach over and over' has been adapted by TMs anyway so HMs are now even worse. They have been scaling back on them (Black/White and X/Y didn't require HMs at all to complete the main game, with the exception of a couple of small segments that require like surf and strength I think. On the otehr hand, gamefreak has stupidly replaced HMs with ridiculous gates that prevent you from advancing until a trigger is reached, like a bunch of literal clowns blocking your path into the Black City / White Forest in Black and White.

Pokemon needs to move to become a much more non-linear game, letting you challenge the gyms in any order, and explore most of the land and catch most of the pokemon right from the start of the game. Obviously some areas should still be sectioned off for postgame content, some pokemon shouldn't be available for capture, and there probably needs to be a smart solution to level scaling for this style of gameplay (raise the level of pokemon/trainers with each badge you get, or make it scale with your own level, or something).

These are really good ideas. I would love to see Pokemon games focus more on the exploration and adventure rather than the linear stuff. I think it would be neat if your trainer leveled up too and unlocked perks as you became a better trainer or something.

• Locked thread