Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Borsche69
May 8, 2014

woofbro posted:

It's a 7.8, that's BASICALLY a zero in gaming review terms.

The dumb reviewer doesn't like water and HMs, what a joke.

I didn't know the I in IGN stood for Illuminati.

This guy gave the new CoD a 9.1, what a loving jip.

Are they getting paid under the table?

I just can't get over this review.

I need a shrink.

It's spelled "gyp" because its short for gypsies.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

Tatum Girlparts posted:

I do like her two negatives being basically 'I don't like gen 3', that's cool, everyone likes different gens, but what the gently caress did you expect?

People that don't like gen3 are absolute retards and typically come to that opinion because someone else spoonfed the 'problems' to them which they then accepted without question.

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

Tatum Girlparts posted:

A valid issue to have, Battle Frontier isn't in, but it's hinted at as a thing being built so may be dlc. That'd be dumb.

Oh word? That's gay, since battle fronteir is way better than the battle maison/battle subway and all that gay poo poo. The Pokemon World Tournaments were kinda cool though.

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

Silver Striker posted:

Some of the points like HM make sense, though. I really wish Pokemon would move away from those things as they just don't contribute positively to the game. It just takes up a party slot with an HM slave.

I like some of the mods that change all the HMs to be really good useful moves like Cut turns into a base 90 physical Grass move or Strengnth becomes Fighting etc.

But they should basically remove HMs from the game at this point, since the 'can teach over and over' has been adapted by TMs anyway so HMs are now even worse. They have been scaling back on them (Black/White and X/Y didn't require HMs at all to complete the main game, with the exception of a couple of small segments that require like surf and strength I think. On the otehr hand, gamefreak has stupidly replaced HMs with ridiculous gates that prevent you from advancing until a trigger is reached, like a bunch of literal clowns blocking your path into the Black City / White Forest in Black and White.

Pokemon needs to move to become a much more non-linear game, letting you challenge the gyms in any order, and explore most of the land and catch most of the pokemon right from the start of the game. Obviously some areas should still be sectioned off for postgame content, some pokemon shouldn't be available for capture, and there probably needs to be a smart solution to level scaling for this style of gameplay (raise the level of pokemon/trainers with each badge you get, or make it scale with your own level, or something).

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

DoubleDonut posted:

Black and White were really good and seemed like they were made for people who actually play Pokemon games and are tired of poo poo like having to have HM slaves (you only need to use an HM once to actually progress iirc) and catching Pidgey and Geodude in every single game

And then they made X and Y where the starters were so unbelievably terribly designed that they just let you get Charmander right at the start anyway. A game made for people who vaguely remember pokemon from elementary school

Well, that's my pokepinion

Charmander is a human being pokemon and people who like him are faggots

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

If someone says their favorite pokemon is Charizard, Scizor, or any legendary pokemon, you know you're dealing with a mindless simp. Pinsir, Metagross, Heracross, Chandelure are all way cooler.

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

A cool drat horse posted:

*takes a huge whiff of a turd* God drat, I can't believe this smells so bad.

Sounds like you need your diaper changed.

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

Rexicon1 posted:

Did it ever bother anyone that later gen legendary Pokemon were beings that literally created time and space and that you subjected them to your will and didn't go mad with power destroying the fabric of reality to your whims?

It kind of ruined my immersion

That's not what bothered me about them. What bothered me was that they are hte loving ugliest most over designed legendaries that they could've possibly come up with. Zekrom and Rashirm are the two worst offenders.

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

TheLovablePlutonis posted:

what about Garchomp

That's not great either. Most Gen4 designs are pretty poo poo.

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

It has 8 baby pokemon. Fourteen legendary pokemon, all of whom look stupid. Half of the 'new' designs are just evolutions for old designs, a lot of which are bad. Then you have the Actually New designs of which there's a much higher ratio of poo poo:good in this game than any other.

Yeah it has good designs, and other gens have bad designs, but Gen4 was the loving worst.

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

sharrrk posted:

should i post a list of my favorite pokemon

Here's a list of pokemon I don't like, classified by what gen they appear: (this doesn't include a lot of pokemon I do not personally care for, but recognize that some people could like them. If you like these designs you are being willfully idiotic, or 'ironic'. This also doesn't include any Legendary pokemon, because those are universally bad, except for a couple in Gen3)

Gen1
Clefable
Wigglytuff
Golduck
Dewgong
Electrode
Hitmonchan
Chansey
Mr. Mime
Jynx

Gen2
Baby Pokemon <- 8
Togetic
Bellossom
Politoed
Jumpluff
Aipom
Sunflora
Slowking
Granbull
Delibird
Blissey
Unown

Gen3
Masquerain
Baby Pokemon <- 2
Delcatty
Manectric
Plusle/Minun
Volbeat/Illumise
Swalot
Luvdisc

Gen4
Infernape
Kricketune
Luxray
Wormadam
Mothin
Combee
Vespiqueen
Pachirisu
Floatzel
Cherrim
Lopunny
Purugly
Baby Pokemon <- 8
Chatot
Carnivine
Lumineon

Gen5
All Starters
Liepard
Simisage/Simisear/Simipour
Musharna
Swoobat
Audino
Seismitoad
Throh/Sawk
Basculin
Maractus
Vanilluxe
Emolga
Alomomola
Stunfisk
Druddigon

Gen6
Pyroar
Florges
Gogoat
Furfrou
Meowstic
Aromatisse
Slurpuff
Barbaracle
Heliolisk
Aurorus
Sylveon
Dedenne
Carbink
Klefki

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

zen death robot posted:

Borsche knows his Pokemon

I made that list like four months ago when I wanted to write a big pokemon retrospective.

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

sharrrk posted:

okay then. in no real order here is a list of my favorite pokemon. please note that this only includes final evolutions; it can be assumed that i like their preevolutions as well.

espeon
gyarados
charizard
crobat
rhyperior
cloyster
dragonite
blastoise
parasect
dugtrio
dodrio
omastar
arcanine
typhlosion
victreebel
gengar
forretress
togekiss GAY
politoed
noctowl
ampharos
jumpluff
nidoking
vaporeon
hitmontop
blaziken
masquerain GAY
aggron
flygon
sharpedo
banette
swampert
ninjask
shedinja
sandslash
electrode
dusknoir
mawile
torterra
luxray GAY
cherrim GAY
mothim GAY
weavile
mantine
empoleon
roserade
chimecho
ambipom
altaria GAY
froslass
serperior
liepard GAY
simipour GAY
scrafty
archeops
cinccino
samurott
reuniclus
galvantula
chandelure
braviary
hydreigon
magmortar
gigalith
whimsicott
octillery
druddigon
raichu
talonflame
bellossom
meowstic GAY
barbaracle
garchomp
vivillon
furret
tyrantrum
flareon
hawlucha
clawitzer
glaceon
metagross
tangrowth
farfetch'd
chatot GAY
ditto
noivern
trevenant
golurk
kingdra
aegislash
delcatty GAY
ledian
beautifly
cryogonal
volcarona
krookodile
audino GAY
kingler
claydol
sableye
seviper
ninetales
maractus GAY
milotic

thanks for reading my list of favorite pokemon.

Decent list, I've seen worse

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

Zoq-Fot-Pik posted:

Of that whole list, Dewgong, Slowking, Delibird and Combee are the only ones I don't really get.

Dewgong actually isn't that bad, you're right. Slowking is epically stupid though and makes no sense and Slowbro is a trillion times better. Delibird as a santa is more dumb direct to movie crap and it feels like such an afterthought because everything about it is really bad. The design, the stats, the gimmick. Combee is loving stupid, I don't mind Vespiqueen at all, and I actually like the idea of Male Worker Bee unable to evolve, but they could've done a better job than just some honeycomb crap.

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

Zoq-Fot-Pik posted:

I never really thought about my favorite Pokemon. I always pick the water starter in every game though.

I always picked the Grass starter.

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

Nasgate posted:

So you got the worst Starter of every generation except 4/6? I'm so sorry.

EDIT: upon studying the starters, It appears than when Grass isn't the worst starter, Fire is. Water Starters always own.

Sceptile and Torterra are pretty epic. Chesnaught is on the better side of okay. Venesaur is classic even though I don't like him as much as I used to. Meganium is gay. Serperior would be a TON cooler if he was Grass/Dragon and they ever released his loving human being hidden ability that reverses all stat changes so he could just spam Leaf Storm and Draco Meteor all day while boosting the poo poo out of his Sp Atk, while hiding behind really bulky defenses and great speed.

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

red plastic cup posted:

Already have a special adamant weedle bred up for this game.

can I get a HELL YEAH for mega beedrill?

Hell Yeah!

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

Knuc U Kinte posted:

I'd like to see some little human being blathering about his pokemon friendship bond try and take down my team of perfectly trained and bred pokemon. Hell, I doubt he'd even get passed Aegislash.

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

Nasgate posted:

What if I told you my team was 6 Aegislashes with different natures?

There's a species clause; you can't have more than one of a pokemon on a team, you stupid bitch.

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

Top Bunk Wanker posted:

The starter you pick is basically like the difficulty mode you select.
Grass = easy, baby mode, needs the game to hold your hand.
Water = normal, ready to take on some challenges, aware of your shortcomings and ready to handle them.
Fire = hard mode, a man with the true gamer spirit, chomping at the drat bit for some action.

you're such a loving retard, and hte opposite is true for gen2 lol

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

Heavy Lobster posted:

Some cool pokemon, not all-inclusive:
Sandslash
Nidoking
Parasect
Haunter
Scyther
Ariados
Xatu
Ampharos
Quagsire
Shuckle
Sneasel
Ursaring
Swinub/Piloswine
Sableye
Absol
Torterra
Toxicroak
Crustle
Escavalier
Foongus/Amoonguss
Jellicent
Galvantula
Ferrothorn
Chandelure
Beartic
Bouffalant
Pangoro
Aegislash
Hawlucha
Avalugg

Some not so cool pokemon:
Mr Mime
the babies (especially mr mime baby)

That's a good list. Nice list.

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

Proposition Joe posted:

1. Charmander
2. Squirtle
3. Bulbasaur

1. Totodile
2. Cyndaquil
3. Chikorita

1. Mudkip
2. Torchic
3. Treecko

1. Turtwig
2. Chimchar
3. Piplup

3. Snivy, Tepig, Oshawott

1. Froakie
2. Chespin
3. Fennekin

Charmander sucks. Torchic sucks and Treecko is the best in that gen. Piplup is better than Chimchar but that's only because the Chimchar line looks like a stupid human being (it looks like you). Youre right about the other gens.

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

Simoom posted:

Meganium is my favourite starter.

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

sharrrk posted:

archeops is definitely my favorite fossil pokemon

kabutops

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

Yeah those pokemon suck.