Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
GenderSelectScreen
Mar 7, 2010

I DON'T KNOW EITHER DON'T ASK ME
College Slice
The technology was there, Burger King proved that. But why didn't Microsoft not even try to sell us "Advanced" versions of Xbox games that added achievements and poo poo. Just pop in your Xbox disc, pay like 400 points and get to play Halo 2 with achievements.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mach2
Feb 28, 2014
The most important Xbox game worked with the 360, Hulk: Ultimate Destruction.

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.
And get mad at people on the internet

:emptyquote:

Hitlers Gay Secret posted:

The technology was there, Burger King proved that. But why didn't Microsoft not even try to sell us "Advanced" versions of Xbox games that added achievements and poo poo. Just pop in your Xbox disc, pay like 400 points and get to play Halo 2 with achievements.

I think it's because the games are so small literally both versions fit on the disc. Then the 360 just ignores the part under the xbox header like one of those mp3s hidden in a picture.

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.
And get mad at people on the internet

:emptyquote:

zen death robot posted:

Thanks for getting all technical and ruining the magic, rear end in a top hat. Do you tell small children the truth about Santa as well?

I actually wrote a graphic novel about this. Family spends all year worried about a stalker they keep seeing around watching their kids. Eventually he breaks into their house and dad shoots him, it was santa.

I hand it out at the mall near santa meet and greets

SeXReX fucked around with this message at 14:52 on Nov 19, 2014

Schnedwob
Feb 28, 2014

my legs are okay
Morrowind did, also.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead

SeXReX posted:

I actually wrote a graphic novel about this. Family spends all year worried about a stalker they keep seeing around watching their kids. Eventually he breaks into their house and dad shoots him, it was santa.

I thought Santa died nearly 2000 years ago?

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

I only played Sneak King OP. How were the other ones

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

Dec 26, 2012

Schnedwob posted:

Morrowind did, also.

there were a few others too that worked under some sort of compatibility layer

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

SeXReX posted:

that's insanely twisted but i can't stop reading...

CousinKevin
Oct 16, 2012

Ever since they worked on that project together, her life turned around and became more exciting.
if that happened then we would have to go to burger king to get all of our games

Nemesis Of Moles
Jul 25, 2007

if you have a hacked 360 you can load modified compatibility files that lift the restriction of which Xbox games work. Like 90% of all origanal xbox games work fine, officially supported or otherwise. MS was just lazy as gently caress and didn't bother with it ever.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

zen death robot posted:

Thanks for getting all technical and ruining the magic, rear end in a top hat. Do you tell small children the truth about Santa as well?

At least we still have magnets.

Sir AIDS
Nov 5, 2013
Far Cry 3 was good...if you were retarded.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Sir AIDS posted:

Far Cry 3 was good...if you were retarded.

darealkooky
Sep 15, 2011

You sayin' I like dubs?!?

Nemesis Of Moles posted:

if you have a hacked 360 you can load modified compatibility files that lift the restriction of which Xbox games work. Like 90% of all origanal xbox games work fine, officially supported or otherwise. MS was just lazy as gently caress and didn't bother with it ever.

why do some games like the combo disk jet set radio future run like poo poo, then?

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

darealkooky posted:

why do some games like the combo disk jet set radio future run like poo poo, then?

they actually fixed that

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

your facts on the xbox emulation on 360 are 7 years out of date, darealkooky

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

i beat sneak king

Dec 26, 2012

Parallax Scroll posted:

i beat sneak king

good work

Sizone
Sep 13, 2007

by LadyAmbien

Nemesis Of Moles posted:

that's good to know. I'm never taking the thing online again and I've got a copy of gun valkery that I've had for, like 7 years that I've never played.

Nemesis Of Moles
Jul 25, 2007

Sizone posted:

that's good to know. I'm never taking the thing online again and I've got a copy of gun valkery that I've had for, like 7 years that I've never played.

gunvalk works perfectly

as do the two Otogi games which own so hard omg

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

Ah, I remember those six months where Brooke Burke was, like, everywhere, despite being not the least bit interesting

LaTex Fetish
Oct 11, 2010

Schnedwob posted:

Morrowind did, also.

what a good game

darealkooky
Sep 15, 2011

elf help book posted:

they actually fixed that

they fixed some bugs but the framerate is still even worse than when it runs on a regular xbox, 99th street and parts of the residential zone are still slideshows

it also doesn't make any sense why the game would have tons of bugs in the first place if it's so easy to make the 360 play xbox games hackers can do it

darealkooky fucked around with this message at 19:35 on Nov 20, 2014

Nemesis Of Moles
Jul 25, 2007

darealkooky posted:

they fixed some bugs but the framerate is still even worse than when it runs on a regular xbox, 99th street and parts of the residential zone are still slideshows

it also doesn't make any sense why the game would have tons of bugs in the first place if it's so easy to make the 360 play xbox games hackers can do it

hackers don't really do anything to the emulator

basically the compatability files have this big white list of exes (xexs cause xbox is xtreme), the hacked files just set it so every xex is white listed by default and so it tries to run everything and anything. there are a bunch of games that don't work but all that happens is the hang or crash or something, nothing massively horrible so it doesn't really make a lot for MS to do it that way (except they were mad lazy and didn't really give a hoot about backwards compatibility)

i'm pretty sure the combo-disk thing still sucks dick when you run it using the hacked files, I remember reading that it was because of the way that disk is made that the read speeds on the data are really low sometimes. I run all my xbox games from a hard drive though so it might work better like that idk

Heavy Lobster
Oct 24, 2010

:gowron::m10:
Last time I tried to play an OXbox game on 360 it was Timesplitters: Future Perfect and I don't think there was a compatibility patch so why should I bother owning a 360 to begin with

GenderSelectScreen
Mar 7, 2010

College Slice

Pastry of the Year posted:

Ah, I remember those six months where Brooke Burke was, like, everywhere, despite being not the least bit interesting

I still don't know who she is.

darealkooky
Sep 15, 2011

zen death robot posted:

darealkooky is kinda dumb

mods = fags

Mach2
Feb 28, 2014

darealkooky posted:

mods = fags

jfc you really are dumb

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

zen death robot posted:

good thing I'm not a mod

:ironicat:

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.

Schnedwob posted:

Morrowind did, also.

morrowind is a good game

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

GenderSelectScreen
Mar 7, 2010

College Slice

lol

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004