Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Trash Ops
Jun 19, 2012

im having fun, isnt everyone else?

im going to finish this before etrian odyssey iv or untold because i preordered the tarot cards and case

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
i preordered it to, though i dont need the tarot cards so ill just sell them on ebay.

Trash Ops
Jun 19, 2012

im going to do powerful magic to finish the game so will use the tarot cards

Sir John Feelgood
Nov 18, 2009

I personally believe anime was made by extraterrestrials to comfort us for the bitterness of life's terms, so I'll be getting this game on release day.

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

Welcome to Koro & Kanji's adorable corner.

They're never leaving my team.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

This game is going to own and I can't wait to dungeon crawl with my persona buddies

LaTex Fetish
Oct 11, 2010

does this one feature cool waifus like yukiko? if yes, then i will probably get it

Silver Striker
May 22, 2013

This game is going to be extremely win.

Swelter Discharge
Mar 21, 2013

im hype op

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

LaTex Fetish posted:

does this one feature cool waifus like yukiko? if yes, then i will probably get it

It's all the Persona 3 and 4 guys combined into a single game.

A cool damn horse
Jan 25, 2009

I'm going to buy this game, and love it too.

El Wombato
Mar 19, 2008

Mexican Marsupial
anime

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Nectar of the Gods

Trash Ops
Jun 19, 2012

Golden Goat posted:

Welcome to Koro & Kanji's adorable corner.

They're never leaving my team.

Haha yeah hell yeah

apropos to nothing
Sep 5, 2003
gigglesqueeeeee~ ^_^ *has best birthday ever with all persona 3, persona 4, and anime characters all together*

Zoq-Fot-Pik
Jun 27, 2008

Frungy!

Silver Striker posted:

This game is going to be extremely win.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Hoping the difficulty is more in line with EO than Persona but I'm sure at the very least Hard mode will be good.

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro

Harrow posted:

This game is going to own and I can't wait to dungeon crawl with my persona buddies

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro
i should really look into how leveling is handled

hope its like eo4 cause that was a lot of fun and good

darealkooky
Sep 15, 2011

You sayin' I like dubs?!?
can't get over the titlescreen being in the scooby doo font or the game basically just being a fanfiction atlus is making you spend $40 for but etrian with smt mechanics could be really cool

Zoq-Fot-Pik
Jun 27, 2008

Frungy!

darealkooky posted:

can't get over the titlescreen being in the scooby doo font or the game basically just being a fanfiction atlus is making you spend $40 for but etrian with smt mechanics could be really cool

Every time I see your posts I think about Wormskull's KookyVision post and can't stop lolling.

Cubivore_
Nov 6, 2013

gonna wait till its like $25 or less. not that hype tbh.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

darealkooky posted:

the game basically just being a fanfiction atlus is making you spend $40 for
what

Don Gato
Apr 28, 2013

Actually a bipedal cat.
Grimey Drawer
i have no idea what the gently caress etrian odyssey is but i'm pretty hype for this because i can make a team with a shiba, some kind of personification of the dark side of humanity, a robot and a man who bikes faster than most scooters can go. do i have to have the p3/p4 protagonist in my party?

Silver Striker
May 22, 2013

Zoq-Fot-Pik posted:

Every time I see your posts I think about Wormskull's KookyVision post and can't stop lolling.

darealkooky
Sep 15, 2011

I am glad I can bring joy to your life

"the casts of persona 3 and 4 meet up because of time travel or whatever and then become bros with eachother and my original characters" is the most fanfictiony thing I've ever heard

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

lol if youre planning on playing an EO style game for the plot, or even care about it.

Velthice
Dec 12, 2010

Lipstick Apathy

Sir John Feelgood posted:

I personally believe anime was made by extraterrestrials to comfort us for the bitterness of life's terms, so I'll be getting this game on release day.

same

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

darealkooky posted:

"the cast of persona 3 and 4 meet up because of time travel or whatever and then become bros with eachother and my original characters" is the most fanfictiony thing I've ever heard
fanfiction is called fanfiction because it's made by fans

when it's written by the original developers, it just becomes fiction

besides, it's pretty clearly just an excuse to string dungeons together via jokes and funny interactions between the characters.

also:

Ibram Gaunt posted:

lol if youre planning on playing an EO style game for the plot, or even care about it.

darealkooky
Sep 15, 2011

:spergin: actually the writing is done by different people than the original persona games, so it essentially is fanfiction

also my original post was praising the gameplay so idk why everyone is thinking I care about the story, if anything there should be less story in all of these dumb persona spinoff games so they can do stuff like have dojima or persona 1/2 characters in them

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Ibram Gaunt posted:

That's exactly why I don't want to play this. There's too many cutscenes interrupting the dungeon crawling. And they probably aren't even interesting like strange journey's. Pass.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
I just started the post-game in EO4...I'm scared.:ohdear:

lesbian baphomet
Nov 30, 2011

I'm looking forward.

lesbian baphomet
Nov 30, 2011

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon
Wasn't this released in Japan in the summer? Shouldn't we already know if it's good or not?

lesbian baphomet
Nov 30, 2011

We do know that it is good, as far as I know.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Most of my Persona loving friends wanted to get this until they found out you had to draw maps. Noobs all around me. :whitewater:

red plastic cup
Apr 25, 2012

Reach WITH IN To your LOCAL cup and you may find A Friend And Boy...

Ibram Gaunt posted:

Most of my Persona loving friends wanted to get this until they found out you had to draw maps. Noobs all around me. :whitewater:

Here in the Imp Zone, we enjoy drawing the maps

Silver Striker
May 22, 2013

Drawing maps is cool and if you don't like to do that you're probably a baby.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Abysswalker
Apr 25, 2013

Ibram Gaunt posted:

the mapping is good and fun, for some reason

• Locked thread