Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

certain personas can have a specific skill of their's extracted

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zoq-Fot-Pik
Jun 27, 2008

Frungy!

Cake Attack posted:

certain personas can have a specific skill of their's extracted

Extract my rear end.

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro

Zoq-Fot-Pik posted:

Extract my rear end.

:wink:

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

my brother got me eo4 for my birthday

rad dude

now i gotta figure whether i wanna play that or PQ first, I'm only on the second floor of the first dungeon of PQ so I'm not losing much

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Ciaphas posted:

my brother got me eo4 for my birthday

rad dude

now i gotta figure whether i wanna play that or PQ first, I'm only on the second floor of the first dungeon of PQ so I'm not losing much

PQ is easier and it gives better tutorials so you are better off doing it before EO4

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro
idk i think if you play pq on hard after playing eo4 you will have a lot more fun with it

its really personal preference. eo4 is probably the longer of the two if that helps? (unless pq surprises me with an extra few dungeons than the five im predicting)

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

tfw an enemy binds your spellcaster before you can Bufula its weakness

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro
tfw you get surprise attacked by 2 potted ladies who cast lightning weakness and mazionga on hard and your fastest caster doesn't knock them down / run away next turn

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro
hint: on hard its the same as your game over face

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

so fun fact: the initial linker's boosts carry over to every subsequent link hit that turn. Power Charge + triple/quadruple/infinity link + Golden Link = lol

also yeah get Snake Glare on your labyrinth navi ASAP, it has saved my rear end so many times. never gets old seeing that big CANCELLED over the enemy advantage symbol

EDIT: actually you know what just use this support persona I found on The Internet, it owns.

Yinlock fucked around with this message at 23:46 on Dec 15, 2014

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

i only just unlocked the persona compendium and i'm pretty much hopeless at SMT games from that point forward

never know what to make and roll with and i'm scared of experimentation :(

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro
i have snake glare. it was the worst possible combination of factors :eng99:

e: i just got the ability to get still cards, i was really hoping to be able to pick the skill that gets converted. i can't get rid of queen mab because runic shield is so loving strong (also i had runic shield on the encounter that wiped me, it also never activated :eng99:)

stoutfish
Oct 8, 2012

by zen death robot
i got halfway through bravely default so now it's time to pick this game up again. Is it possible to use party setups or is it just a huge waste of time?

lesbian baphomet
Nov 30, 2011

hubris.height posted:

hint: on hard its the same as your game over face

Sukitora Foot or whatever its called (automatic escape for 1 navi bar) is a huge lifesaver against all 3 or 4 kinds of those weakness-creating motherfucker squads, i've gotten hit with that a few times and still dont know what the game over screen looks like.

also the navi skill that cancels out Enemy Advantage is, holy poo poo, extremely good once you're at that point in the game

lesbian baphomet
Nov 30, 2011

hubris.height posted:

i have snake glare. it was the worst possible combination of factors :eng99:

e: i just got the ability to get still cards, i was really hoping to be able to pick the skill that gets converted. i can't get rid of queen mab because runic shield is so loving strong (also i had runic shield on the encounter that wiped me, it also never activated :eng99:)

Get a Setanta (its lv17 or something, so you might have one already), sacrifce it up until it learns Swift Strike, then keep resummoning/carding and clone that poo poo onto everybody. It's worth the money, considering how easy 3-1 or 2-4 or 3-3 are to farm cash on using Power Spots.

3x Medium Ranged Attack, with a good crit rate, for only 58hp cost so even Yukari can farm for crit boosts with it. The only downside as far as i can tell is a slightly lower than normal accuracy, but if you've got stun circle or agility binds, that doesnt even matter.

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro

lesbian baphomet posted:

Get a Setanta (its lv17 or something, so you might have one already), sacrifce it up until it learns Swift Strike, then keep resummoning/carding and clone that poo poo onto everybody. 3x Medium Ranged Attack, with a good crit rate, for only 58hp cost so even Yukari can farm for crit boosts with it. The only downside as far as i can tell is a slightly lower than normal accuracy, but if you've got stun circle or agility binds, that doesnt even matter.

you are a gentleman and a scholar kanji

does each persona only have one skill you can card out of it or does it change as it levels? i really want runic shield on someone

Inflammatory
Apr 22, 2014
edit: ^ nope, each persona has just one skill that can be extracted. see this spreadsheet for details.

stoutfish posted:

i got halfway through bravely default so now it's time to pick this game up again. Is it possible to use party setups or is it just a huge waste of time?

i'm not sure what you mean by party setups. if you're asking if you should bother leveling up more than five characters, then no, probably not. if you're asking whether you can build a party around certain gimmicks, then yeah, mostly, as long as you're passing along all the relevant skills when you fuse personas.

Inflammatory fucked around with this message at 01:08 on Dec 16, 2014

lesbian baphomet
Nov 30, 2011

hubris.height posted:

you are a gentleman and a scholar kanji

does each persona only have one skill you can card out of it or does it change as it levels? i really want runic shield on someone

It's one skill per persona, and if you've deleted the skill then you can't card them for it at all unless you re-fuse a new one.

Also, the really good non-inhereted skills like Runic Gleam, Death's Scythe, Power Charge, Warrior's Title, etc, are not able to be carded until really late in the game. on account of how good they are. Runic Gleam might even never card, if this list is correct: http://megamitensei.wikia.com/wiki/List_of_Persona_Q_Skill_Cards

lesbian baphomet fucked around with this message at 01:13 on Dec 16, 2014

lesbian baphomet
Nov 30, 2011

Inflammatory posted:

i'm not sure what you mean by party setups. if you're asking if you should bother leveling up more than five characters, then no, probably not. if you're asking whether you can build a party around certain gimmicks, then yeah, mostly, as long as you're passing along all the relevant skills when you fuse personas.

Probably don't level anything more than a core party of five, but give whatever your best Growth Ring is to the protagonist that you aren't playing as. I found out the other day that apparently unlocking ultimate personas for everybody is tied to the levels of both main characters hitting a certain point.

Inflammatory
Apr 22, 2014
you can get runic shield from odin, btw, but that's not until level 72.

and speaking of ultimate personas, aigis's gives her a unique skill that's a straight upgrade of runic shield.

lesbian baphomet
Nov 30, 2011

Aigis is extremely good.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

lesbian baphomet posted:

Aigis is extremely good.

I don't use her because her voice makes me want to harm myself

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro
i don't use her either

i use p5pro, kanji, yukiko, and yukari because its a really good mix of damage and healing. i deffo wish i had aigis because i guess she's really strong as a back row tank?

lesbian baphomet
Nov 30, 2011

she's good at damage if you want her to be, and comes with both Shield/Line Shield/Party Shield and Swordbreaker by default. decent SP pool for support spells too, the only thing she can't really do well is magic damage/healing.

Orgia Mode is basically a two-turn Power Charge that also wipes all ailments (and makes her immune to them as far as i can tell), and might also make her a bit faster. Plus it can stack with other attack boosts like Power Charge itself, or even Shura Tensei if you're able to support the health drain.

lesbian baphomet
Nov 30, 2011

if you managed to activate Orgia with Shura Tensei and Power Charge already active....... that first hit would be something like 800% damage......

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

lesbian baphomet posted:

if you managed to activate Orgia with Shura Tensei and Power Charge already active....... that first hit would be something like 800% damage......

use Spotlight and make it a Link for maximum hilarity. I don't think anything could survive a full round of that

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro
quick I need a persona that gives agi bind for the ghost girls halp

Mr. Pumroy
May 20, 2001

hubris.height posted:

Jim

Inflammatory
Apr 22, 2014

hubris.height posted:

i think mokoi gives scarecrow? i wouldn't get my hopes up if i were you though, i remember those things being really resistant to agility bind.

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro
what the hell is the strategy then

even with orb of haste + sukunda i hit maybe one attack per turn jeez

Inflammatory
Apr 22, 2014
i might've just had bad luck. panic has the same effect as agility bind as far as guaranteeing hits though, you might have an easier time with that. in fact panic is pretty much the best status effect later on when poison is less necessary for dealing damage.

oh yeah, poison. maybe try that too, i dunno.

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro
lol thanks for the advice i'll give it a shot!

lesbian baphomet
Nov 30, 2011

Inflammatory posted:

i might've just had bad luck. panic has the same effect as agility bind as far as guaranteeing hits though, you might have an easier time with that. in fact panic is pretty much the best status effect later on when poison is less necessary for dealing damage.

oh yeah, poison. maybe try that too, i dunno.

Stun Circle/the paralysis status guarantees all hits as well.

i didnt actually know panic could do that also, thats useful

DrManiac
Feb 29, 2012

Man the forth dungeon is a huge slog.

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro
old doll is some bull poo poo death bound and then diharan at 10 percent while I'm trying to pick up my dead :( gonna have to go for panic / impure reach / panic circle

stoutfish
Oct 8, 2012

by zen death robot
all of the personas in the 30 range are poo poo

y

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro
turdak fuckin owns golden link double link and the skill activate twice is broken as hell

just beat old doll with panic because holy poo poo is that broken wowowowowo

lesbian baphomet
Nov 30, 2011

stoutfish posted:

all of the personas in the 30 range are poo poo

y

the ones right around level 30, red rider and white rider especially, succubus as well, are really good. but yeah there's a bunch in the mid-high 30s that just seem like generic magic or phys types and can't learn half the poo poo you'd want them to. some of them have good Navi skills at least.

lesbian baphomet
Nov 30, 2011

is Old Doll the red doll FOE or the white one? I was able to take the white ones as soon as i met them, but man, the one with Mamudoon i have no idea how i'm gonna get through without ultimate evolution personas, considering that P3MC is really weak to Mudo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

lesbian baphomet posted:

is Old Doll the red doll FOE or the white one? I was able to take the white ones as soon as i met them, but man, the one with Mamudoon i have no idea how i'm gonna get through without ultimate evolution personas, considering that P3MC is really weak to Mudo

I used the masterclass tactic of "spam tentarafoo/makajam and hope something sticks". Also it's hilariously weak to Slash so if you can get a couple uninterrupted turns you can wreck it's poo poo pretty quick.

I had big problems with the white ones because they have like a million billion evasion and getting agility bind to stick was rough :(

EDIT" also finished this last night, final bosses were kind of total jokes because Ardha is the most broken loving thing. It comes with Gale Link, Wind Amp, and Golden Link so you get silly poo poo like Chie + Power Charge/Heat Riser/Dragon Cry + Gale Link(Infinity/Wind Amp/Golden) = 2000+ damage links. Put Death Chaser on your other two front-liners and you'll get like 6+ hits of that. It'd probably be even sillier with Shura Tensei/Orgia but I use Aigis for tanking purposes so that kinda defeats the point.

Basically, if you want FOE/Boss easymode get Kanji or Chie, find whatever the latest persona with Golden Link is, load it up with as many links(and one of the multi-link passives) as you can and Power Charge or Dragon Cry, and go nuts.

For Omega Cheat Mode, buy Thanatos, level it up twice and get the Infinity Link skillcard. Proceed to party hard.

Yinlock fucked around with this message at 09:04 on Dec 20, 2014

• Locked thread