Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Box of Bunnies
Apr 3, 2012

by Pragmatica

Davros1 posted:

So what happens when the First, Second, and Third Doctors go missing in the midst of their adventures? Who could possibly step and fill his/their shoes?

Why the Doctor of course! Namely the Fifth, Sixth, and Seventh Doctors!

http://www.bigfinish.com/news/v/big-finish---doctor-who-2015-the-locum-doctors

I'm always ready for more C. Bakes and Fraze :allears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Box of Bunnies
Apr 3, 2012

by Pragmatica

BSam posted:

I think I saw it on tv ten years ago when the (Australian) ABC screened all available episodes for the 40th anniversary.

I don't think they played Dalek serials in that run because they didn't want to go through the extra hoops of dealing with the Nation estate. I remember that being the case because stumbling upon that marathon early in Colin's run was my introduction to the series and I didn't see Revelation of the Daleks until I got it on DVD for Christmas that year since it wasn't played on telly.

It's a wonder I stuck around when the first thing I ever saw of the show was the back end of Attack of the Cybermen.

Box of Bunnies
Apr 3, 2012

by Pragmatica
Tennant and Simm were both just chewing scenery in rubber masks for most of their tenures, weren't they?

Box of Bunnies
Apr 3, 2012

by Pragmatica

Sydney Bottocks posted:

That was a Christmas wish from Bill Hartnell :v:

You say that as if Bill Hartnell wasn't the Doctor for real

Box of Bunnies
Apr 3, 2012

by Pragmatica
New Christmas episode was fab.

Jet Jaguar posted:

Is there a Doctor Who episode set on a beach? Because today I've watched "The Ice Warriors"* and "Last Christmas" and I would love something set somewhere a little warmer.

* - Received for Christmas, loved the little factoid track that pointed out little things, like one of the scientists is Wallace from "Wallace and Gromit."

Not a beach, but you could enjoy the sunny Spanish surrounds of The Two Doctors :chef:

Box of Bunnies
Apr 3, 2012

by Pragmatica

Cleretic posted:

having a bad one would be worse than not having one at all.

Big Finish already proved that point for us.

Box of Bunnies
Apr 3, 2012

by Pragmatica
Get Rachael Stirling just to mess with the "but Capaldi was already in Pompeii. What does it mean!?" people.

Box of Bunnies fucked around with this message at 23:43 on Jan 29, 2015

Box of Bunnies
Apr 3, 2012

by Pragmatica

DoctorWhat posted:

I feared they'd be adapting Spiral Scratch instead of writing a GOOD regeneration story.

All I remember about Spiral Scratch is that I think that one of the alternate universe C. Bakes had an eyepatch and that is pretty :krad:

Box of Bunnies
Apr 3, 2012

by Pragmatica

Davros1 posted:

The reconstructions bore more. I just listen to the soundtracks instead.

The narrated soundtracks are an infinitely better experience than recons.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Box of Bunnies
Apr 3, 2012

by Pragmatica
Ian Levine is an endless fount of entertainment.

• Locked thread