Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BSam
Nov 24, 2012

Little_wh0re posted:

In it to win it

I just hope to do better than I did in Occs thread.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BSam
Nov 24, 2012

Oxxidation posted:

Nothing would be better as a Cyberman episode.

SOUNDS LIKE YOU NEED TO LISTEN TO SPARE PARTS.

BSam
Nov 24, 2012

RaythFalstar posted:

Scherzo here. Nope, no idea why either. :downs:

Scherzo for me too.

It was amazing, no loving idea what was going on but I was hooked.

BSam
Nov 24, 2012

CobiWann posted:

The Doctor did have two hundred years at Trenzalore to get buff...

That is true, he looked fit as by the end of it.

BSam
Nov 24, 2012

Jerusalem posted:

I read the whole thing and I'm confused as hell! :stare:

It might make more sense once I actually get to listen to it, but it sounds ridiculously convoluted - I don't think I'll be grabbing any of the companion chronicles anytime soon though, too much other Big Finish main range stories I've already got to listen to, not to mention the 8th and 4th Doctor Adventures.

Don't forget the Early Adventures, I've heard them all so far and they're really good!

BSam
Nov 24, 2012

Thanks to my Secret Santa for the dvd you sent me. The Dalek Invasion of Earth. I think I saw it on tv ten years ago when the (Australian) ABC screened all available episodes for the 40th anniversary. Just got home from work today and put it on.

BSam
Nov 24, 2012

Little_wh0re posted:

No problems man. Hartnell is my fave doc so you'd better enjoy it.

There is a bit more to arrive but I think they shipped seperately

Ahh you're the best!

Apologies to the poor person who got me, I haven't had a shipping email yet so if there's nothing by the end of the week I'll be emailing someone sternly.

BSam
Nov 24, 2012

DoctorWhat posted:

I've had other things on my mind, sadly.

Something blue?

BSam
Nov 24, 2012

BSam posted:

Apologies to the poor person who got me, I haven't had a shipping email yet so if there's nothing by the end of the week I'll be emailing someone sternly.

Just got the shipping notification, for part of it at least. Hope you enjoy.

BSam
Nov 24, 2012

Little_wh0re posted:

No problems man. Hartnell is my fave doc so you'd better enjoy it.

There is a bit more to arrive but I think they shipped seperately

Yup. The Begining just arrived. Brilliant!

One Swell Foop posted:

I've received mine, if that helps anyone.

I'm so so sorry.

BSam
Nov 24, 2012

Forktoss posted:

You can now get the new Sixth Doctor & Peri audio Masters of Earth on discount for £10 on download with the discount code "DALEKS", thanks to the official Doctor Who Christmas calendar thing. Anyone heard it, is it worth a tenner?

I think I remember liking it.

BSam
Nov 24, 2012

DoctorWhat posted:

Does anyone want to read a really dumb fanfic I just wrote about the universe being nearly destroyed by microwave popcorn?

I'll listen to Colin Baker reading it.

BSam
Nov 24, 2012

DoctorWhat posted:

It stars (post-Trial) Six, obviously, and I'd like to think that I've captured his essence appropriately.

[link]

Not bad, but could do with a bit of "Microwave, Microwave? MICROWAVE!?"

BSam
Nov 24, 2012

Oxxidation posted:

So Occ, for whatever reason, would like this thread's take on what it would be like to watch the Doctor Who revival chronologically - as in, chronological to the time period of each episode. So Fires of Pompeii et al would be near the beginning, and Utopia would be waaaay at the end.

Answer as vaguely or sincerely as you want, it's a dumbass question if you ask me

If you did it PROPERLY properly it would be pretty dumb, for the episodes which take place in more than one time period, the main one springing to mind would be Girl in the Fireplace we'd basically see Rennettes point of view, then later in the watch we'd see the Doctor and Rose and Mickey on a spaceship and every now and then the Doctor would disappear for a bit.

BSam
Nov 24, 2012

Jsor posted:

Also, do I need to have The Wedding of River Song running on loop in the background while watching it this way?

Oh god make it stop!

BSam
Nov 24, 2012

gently caress yall i liked the forest one it was full of whimsy and stuff

worst in my opinion this season was Listen. Kill the moon second baddest

BSam
Nov 24, 2012

josh04 posted:

It's a great episode which sets itself up like a po-face future military story about finding the best way to kill lots of space spiders in a dreary moon-base, then pulls the rug out from under you with the fantastic delivery of "The moon's an egg!" which basically justifies the entire concept. The rest of the episode is then character drama, which works so well that even people who are crazy angry about science recognise it's firing on all cylinders by the end.

See guys, it is a good episode after all.

BSam
Nov 24, 2012

josh04 posted:

Eh, if you say so.

Well it makes a nice change from reading the same post from Burkion five times a page. So I'll take it.

BSam
Nov 24, 2012

adhuin posted:

Although I can't see how Audio-Dramas based on Jago and Litefoot could work.
Has anyone listened those and are they any good?

I really like them, the first five seasons at least. I'll have to give season 6 another go sometime soon.

BSam
Nov 24, 2012

Amppelix posted:

Burkion posted:

Ah yeah, that makes sense now.

:)

BSam
Nov 24, 2012

Oxxidation posted:

Annakie accidentally spilled the beans on Rory being an amazing companion in the simulwatch (one more reason I hate those things), but Occ has an atrocious memory and I'm going to mislead him as best I can. Fingers crossed!

You mean like how you mislead him on what grade to give the last episode?

:D

BSam
Nov 24, 2012

I loved Robophobia, and Liv Chenka is awesome, but does anyone else hope for more DI Menzies? She's definitely in my top 5 companions.

BSam
Nov 24, 2012

Re the OCC thread, it could be the cider talking, but I'm now slightly worried as i just watched the Cold Blood 2 parter and it wasn't as bad as i remember

BSam
Nov 24, 2012

howe_sam posted:

Chicken dance cube makes the episode worthwhile.

Peterson makes that episode worthwhile.

BSam
Nov 24, 2012

Angela Christine posted:

I must say, I was very relieved that Moff didn't even joke about The Doctor and Missy attempting to repopulate the species. I could totally see the Master trying to do that once she found herself with female equipment. Admirable restraint.

Well they don't have any looms.

BSam
Nov 24, 2012

I liked it.

BSam
Nov 24, 2012

The visuals are good, and I like the main premise. It is an endearing little episode with some faults.

The main thing is i didn't feel the episode was broken by the 'dangerous' part.

I'm not saying it's a great episode, unlike the two that came before it, but I liked it anyway.

BSam
Nov 24, 2012

From toxx thread

Lager posted:

The worst part about Rory's death is that it feels completely pointless. The way they do it means that we don't even get any strong emotional moments as a result because Amy doesn't even remember he existed, so she can't possibly have an emotional reaction to his death. He doesn't even get to be fodder for another character's story, it's such a huge waste of a really good character. It really is even worse than what happened to Donna.

I thought we weren't having this kind of poo poo, at the very least we see Amy crying over Rory in the next episode, unknowingly, but still.

BSam
Nov 24, 2012

Oxxidation posted:

I retract my earlier comments about Bown and swear eternal vengeance on Zaggitz, then.

I can't police the whole forum, you guys!

to be fair theyreboth eteriivly

terrible

fuckenm

BSam
Nov 24, 2012

Little_wh0re posted:

Looking at the dynamic rankings page has made me wonder. Which episodes, both nWho and oWho, would you give 10/10 to?

I think all of them. and all the audios.

BSam
Nov 24, 2012

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Forest of the Night :colbert:.

Not that great at counting?

BSam
Nov 24, 2012

Just got reminded it exists? That'd upset me too.

Luckily there's an almost perfect pirate story, Doctor Who and the Pirates! Listen to that to cheer yourself up.

BSam
Nov 24, 2012

Little_wh0re posted:

Ok. So I can see why people like spare parts but I definitely wouldn't recommend people use it as their starting for audios.

I agree, they should start like I did, with Scherzo.

BSam
Nov 24, 2012

Dark eyes 4. I really liked part one. Am looking forward to hearing the rest when I get home from work.

BSam
Nov 24, 2012

I enjoyed dark eyes 4 (especially the first episode, even those it was basically an outsiders look at Edge of Tomorrow/All You Need Is Kill & Groundhog Day

but now I'm excited for this.

http://www.bigfinish.com/news/v/doctor-who-the-third-doctor-adventures---cover-revealed

I just hope the bloke they got in for Pertwee does a decent job.

BSam
Nov 24, 2012

Davros1 posted:

BF is high on him (Treloar did the 3rd Doctor bits for Light at the End), but I just wasn't hearing it. I think Katy Manning actually does a far better job. Her voice may be higher, but she nails Pertwee's mannerisms and tone.

I don't remember much of the early doctors from light at the end. But if they're giving him a box set hopefully he's refined it a bit. I'm willing to trust BF at least until I hear it.

Edit: another option for doctor 3

BSam fucked around with this message at 10:58 on Mar 5, 2015

BSam
Nov 24, 2012

Fil5000 posted:

And yet that's still better than Nekromanteia.

I'm doing a listen through in order and I just got this this one.

:(

BSam
Nov 24, 2012

BSam posted:

I'm doing a listen through in order and I just got this this one.

:(

I didn't even finish Nekromanteia and I doubt I'll go back. But right now I don't care because I just reached the best Big Finish main range story.

...and The Pirates!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BSam
Nov 24, 2012

In my Audio listen through, I'm up to Zagreus, about halfway through right now. It's making a lot more sense after listening to previous audios than when I was jumping around randomly when I started listening to Big Finish.

• Locked thread