Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Phweengee
Nov 5, 2012
Now that I have my gun-running vehicles all decked out, is there any reason to keep the vehicle mod bay in my MOC? Weapon bay can stay to stock up on special ammo, but for a third slot, any suggestion if I should replace it with the living quarters or vehicle storage?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phweengee
Nov 5, 2012
So the car-sourcing mission to fill your vehicle warehouse - the one where it's a car that's about to be used in a stunt jump. Every single time I've done one of these, as soon as the car leaves the ramp, it spins forward uncontrollably, landing on the roof causing a ton of damage. Pulling all the way back only ever-so-slightly slows it down, no where near enough to recover. Does this happen to anyone else? It's not supposed to be this way, is it?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2M35RQ23wbU

On an unrelated note, this ghost-lady popped in and out of my office in less than a second. She wasn't invited. It creeped me out.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LLdeQJnZMws

Phweengee
Nov 5, 2012
Nope, PC w/keyboard. Doesn't act like this anywhere else.

Phweengee
Nov 5, 2012
Yeah I use wasd for gas/steering and the number pad for leaning. There is a wireless usb controller plugged in, but the controller itself is turned off. It's worth trying again with the wireless nub thing completely unplugged, I guess. But yeah, no ideas what's causing it. It's not a huge issue as it seems to be isolated to this one thing. Driving/jumping/etc otherwise seems to work fine.

Phweengee
Nov 5, 2012
Session Sweeper link was fantastic, thank you!

Phweengee
Nov 5, 2012
Is there a downside to just bringing all of your Pegasus aircraft to the hangar? Can you still call them via Pegasus? (Maybe just the vanilla version?)

Phweengee
Nov 5, 2012
Does completing smuggling missions leave product clutter around the hangar like the office or mc? I kinda think it wouldn't, since I didn't see that happening for the bunker and this seems similar but not completely sure.

Phweengee
Nov 5, 2012

namlosh posted:

Anybody know how much $ in sales I need in each biker biz to max the clutter in my MC clubhouse? I own all of the businesses upgraded and want to max everything out. They're currently shut down but I'm through being reasonable and want a crazy goal

I did 3 full sales of all 5 businesses and didn't see any additional clutter come in from the 2nd sale to the 3rd. I stopped at that point sensing I had max clutter.

Phweengee
Nov 5, 2012
For strength building there's a custom job that sends endless waves of clowns at you to punch. I went from 20% strength to 100% in 30-45 minutes. You'll need a second player to do the game mode. Apologies I can't recall what the name of it is

Phweengee
Nov 5, 2012
I read "offroad comet" as "Oxford comma" and now I want that to be a vehicle.

Phweengee
Nov 5, 2012
I've got a pile of hackerbux that is starting to dwindle. Enough to buy all of the Doomsday stuff if I wanted to, but I think it might be prudent to take my time and either cash in during a sale or the trade price or both for the remaining goodies. I've already bought the facility, the Avenger, and the Jetpack. Question is, should I go ahead and drop the money for the Deluxo? It looks like fun. Will I get use out of it while being patient for better deals on all the other goodies? Is it useful to complete crates/cars/gun supplies/air crates? Or would you suggest that my prudence is wise?

Phweengee
Nov 5, 2012
Is there a way to remap the key bind for shooting with the Deluxo? I'm on pc. When flying around, both hands are on the keyboard, and so far it looks like the only shoot button is right mouse, which is a pain. I've looked in the key bindings, and experimented with a couple of options, but none seem to affect how this one shoots.

Phweengee
Nov 5, 2012

Locobono posted:

Why do you have both hands on the keyboard? WASD + Ctrl & Shift are all you need to steer it. Your other hand is for mouse aiming the Mk II Revolver with JHP's out the window at people.

You're correct that left control and shift function as pitch, but the car doesn't let you shoot your hand guns from the seat; you're stuck with the vehicle guns only. Further, like I said, right-mouse is the vehicle fire button, not any sort of aim. I still fly aircraft with my keyboard, and using number pad works best for me, so would like any other button other than right-click to shoot.

Phweengee
Nov 5, 2012
Dangit.

I had this great idea to collect the super rare treasure crates into a small warehouse and keep them as trophies. Finally got the third call, delivered it, and it got stuck up on the top shelf for none to enjoy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phweengee
Nov 5, 2012
Ughh.

So, after hours and hours of crate grinding (I watch Netflix at the same time) I finally get a rare crate offer. This is it - the sixth one, for me it's the big diamond. I have the other five all lined up beautifully in a small warehouse. Session sweep. Retrieve crate. Done. While basking in the beauty of my trophy room, my game crashes. Freezes. I can't even task-out. Hard reboot. Return to game, return to warehouse. The final crate is now a common crate. and a crate on the top row has been replaced with a duplicate golden minigun. No diamond.

Very dejected me plays a doomsday heist prep/setup with friends.

Return to the warehouse, and now a second crate on the top row is the diamond, but i can't look at it up there. So I have an oddity - 7 rare crates in the warehouse, which I think isn't supposed to happen, but the display of my trophies is ruined.

I'll let it sit for a night in case the system wants to sort it out, but I suspect that won't happen and I'll sell them off and start over.

I'm royally miffed.

• Locked thread