Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

bae was playing smt4 but stopped because she says you have to go through the same dungeon like 8 zillion times with no way to fast travel through the levels. is she playing it right? i never played it but it sounds like a phantom hourglass pain in the rear end and i hope she's missing something so she can play more booby monster pokemon tia.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

darealkooky
Sep 15, 2011

You sayin' I like dubs?!?
sounds like your bae is a casual

Dec 26, 2012

she's'nt

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Real hurthling! posted:

bae was playing smt4 but stopped because she says you have to go through the same dungeon like 8 zillion times with no way to fast travel through the levels. is she playing it right? i never played it but it sounds like a phantom hourglass pain in the rear end and i hope she's missing something so she can play more booby monster pokemon tia.

it's like 3 times and you unlock fast travel after beating it.

it's like the first 5% of the game, then there's a gigantic world map.

Dec 26, 2012

even in the beginning dungeon there are shortcuts and stuff

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

i told her. shes indignant.

Cubivore_
Nov 6, 2013

sure she's not talking about bravely default?

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Mercurochrome posted:

sure she's not talking about bravely default?

yeah she's on the minotaur boss towards the start of the game and has proclaimed that the new pokemon will be played from tomorrow forward exclusively. shame.

Swelter Discharge
Mar 21, 2013

Real hurthling! posted:

yeah she's on the minotaur boss towards the start of the game and has proclaimed that the new pokemon will be played from tomorrow forward exclusively. shame.

time for a divorce

Dec 26, 2012

the game opens up literally after the minotaur lol

Inflammatory
Apr 22, 2014

Real hurthling! posted:

there's a fast travel spot literally right after that boss.

Abysswalker
Apr 25, 2013

Real hurthling! posted:

i'm sorry, that your gf is such a loving casual

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Sito posted:

i'm sorry, that your gf is such a loving casual

we're hitched bro i'm going down with the ship

Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010
You're gf is cool and she knows anime games are terrible and for AIDS fail fags.

Dec 26, 2012

Real hurthling! posted:

we're hitched bro i'm going down with the ship

im sorry that your wife is such a loving casual

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

i told her what you guys said about her and she went and did like a fart move on the smt cart and threw it into the junk drawer.

Dec 26, 2012

you and wario seem like such a happy couple

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Average Bear posted:

You're gf is cool and she knows anime games are terrible and for AIDS fail fags.

Stop loving trolling.

Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010

Real hurthling! posted:

i told her what you guys said about her and she went and did like a fart move on the smt cart and threw it into the junk drawer.

*nods sagely*

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

01011001 posted:

you and wario seem like such a happy couple

wario "is a gonna win."
bae don't even care to play

Silver Striker
May 22, 2013

Real hurthling! posted:

:staredog:

babypolis
Nov 4, 2009

tbh it does suck that the beggining of the game forces you to backtrack so much for no real reason. the game does get a lot better right after the minotaur tho

iuvian
Dec 27, 2003
darwin'd

How do I beat the minotaur he got like three attacks and kills me

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

lol if you think someone who can't get past the tutorial in the greatest JRPG of 2013 will have the patience to deal with marital problems

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

iuvian posted:

Abuse the press turn system

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

IT WOULD NOT BE DIFFICULT MEIN FUHRER!

iuvian posted:

I think he's weak to ice? Use ice attacks and buffs/debuffs liberally. Fuse your pokemon so if you need more appropriate ones.

Silver Striker
May 22, 2013

iuvian posted:

Try hitting his weakness.

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

iuvian posted:

deplete its hp to 0

Inflammatory
Apr 22, 2014

iuvian posted:

you must be determined to win

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

iuvian posted:

You're a strong confident woman and no Manotaur can put you down.

Silver Striker
May 22, 2013

Honestly I think the Minotaur is kind of a dumb fight because you don't have access to the compendium yet and IIRC you still have those AI buddies and if it selects the guy who casts agi for that fight you're in trouble. It's not really that bad though as long as you cast bufu a lot.

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
have sex with the freaking minotaur

babypolis
Nov 4, 2009

Silver Striker posted:

Honestly I think the Minotaur is kind of a dumb fight because you don't have access to the compendium yet and IIRC you still have those AI buddies and if it selects the guy who casts agi for that fight you're in trouble. It's not really that bad though as long as you cast bufu a lot.

uhm you have access to the compendium from the beggining and the ai buddies cannot do anything harmful. just spam the defense buff

also i love the little talking interludes in the boss battles, even if i always mess them up

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

babypolis posted:

uhm you have access to the compendium from the beggining and the ai buddies cannot do anything harmful. just spam the defense buff

also i love the little talking interludes in the boss battles, even if i always mess them up

Actually Walter once hit Minotaur with agi, which Mino blocked, smirked and then proceeded to get four turns and wiped my party using labrys strikes. I was having no problem with him until Walt hosed it up.

Dec 26, 2012

iuvian posted:

make sure your ai buddy isnt the one with the spells he blocks, hit him with his weakness, dont bother swinging at him if he's smirking, i forget if he does elemental poo poo but bring monsters that arent weak to it/are strong to it if he does

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

iuvian posted:

Use the skill "Chitchat" (unlocked by having negotiate) to make him talk one of his press turns away.

All of the skills that let you talk to demons are bad rear end and negotiator Flynn owns.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

Inflammatory posted:

you must be determined to win

Golden Goat posted:

You're a strong confident woman and no Manotaur can put you down.

also get a spriggan from the forest, it resists physical

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

And fuse the awesome loving watermelon pig that nulls gun for the next boss.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

pokemon, fart jokes, and giving up ten minutes into a video game...

why are you dating a 7 year old

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

ten minutes? she was grinding conversations with some fu-manchu bird she fell in love with for like 3 hours

• Locked thread