Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Silento
Feb 16, 2012

He expects the server will have 10,000 players.

Check out this reddit he made for it: http://www.reddit.com/r/ggRO/

There are so many neckbeards, it defies reason!

Here, have a choice quote:

KillinNemo posted:

KillinNemo posted:

This topic is to gather info about what users think about the reset NPC.

Before commenting please take into consideration what a game like this has to offer to you: diversity, specialization and how much fun you had planning your build and find out how to made it reality.

Taking this into consideration, what would you prefer?

a) Full reset NPC available at any time.

b) Full reset NPC available at given times or modified mechanics.

c) Reset NPC with some kind of penalty: reverting back some levels, partially reset (like resetting just 10 stat points from each stat), etc.

d) No reset NPC at all.

Personally, I think the A) option would make it excesively easy to have builds too oriented for woe/pvp, making it difficult for new players and extravagant build characters to really enjoy some aspects of the game the way we, more advanced and old users, used to enjoy them back in time.

And remember how the metagame has evolved in recent years: perfect woe builds have turned the woe scene in a way a lot of builds, and even jobs, have become useless. This is remarkably on high rate woe focused servers (max 99/70) with perfect build jobs are easily available, where jobs like Lord Knight and WhiteSmith are no where to be seen and gipsies' dazzler has become a thing of the past.

Also I would like to note how many of users here comment how great EternityRO was, which I agree, and that server had the option c, turning your already leveled transcended character into a high novice lv 1/1. For my experience, servers with reset NPC are destined to die prematurely as people quickly reach their objetive. Competitive, perfect builds kill servers <- in my opinion.

Valience posted:

I'd go with B. I like being able to swap between bow and dagger rogues depending on what I'm doing and who I'm partying with, and I frankly prefer games like FF11, FF14, or FF Tactics where I can level one character and, given enough investment in said character, be effective at multiple roles.

That said, I think a growing cooldown on the resets would be ok. Something like no cooldown to level 50-60, 1 day till 90, and 2 days from there. This dissuades people from bouncing between something like a pure forger and a battlesmith while not forcing them to roll two separate characters of the same class to experience all the class can offer.

That would be A. With B I mean the NPC should be available in a time lapse of months.

I, too, love to spend months waiting for my reset cool-down because I wanted to play around with Auto-Cast Sage!

In summation, I can't wait to see how Hotshot fucks this up and abandons the server in a week.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

down with slavery
Dec 23, 2013
STOP QUOTING MY POSTS SO PEOPLE THAT AREN'T IDIOTS DON'T HAVE TO READ MY FUCKING TERRIBLE OPINIONS THANKS
who the gently caress cares

Mazreal
Oct 5, 2002

adjusts monocle
how dare these neckbeards play my old rear end anime game differently than i do *rubs neckbeard*

Silento
Feb 16, 2012

I thought it was funny that there were people giving toxic advice. It's like when they put that crazy attunement sequence in Wildstar; just because it used to be that way doesn't make it a good idea! Sorry that you don't find it funny. V:shobon:V

Doublestep
Sep 8, 2013

Keep on keeping on!
oh my.goodness op

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chunjee
Oct 27, 2004

Toxic ideas are part of the MMO genre at this point.

• Locked thread