Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Brackhar
Aug 26, 2006

I'll give you a definite maybe.
Boo, went to the shower and missed my chance.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brackhar
Aug 26, 2006

OrangeKing posted:

I have a couple more keys I could post, but I want to make sure I don't have friends who want to take them before I give them away. Stay tuned!

Would you be willing to PM one to me? I'll play games with you. :glomp:

Brackhar
Aug 26, 2006

OrangeKing posted:

I think I have two I can spare, so check your PMs momentarily.

Thanks so much dude! We should definitely get some games in. Now if I can just figure out where to enter this darn key...

Edit: Found it! Adding you as a friend.

Brackhar fucked around with this message at 08:45 on Dec 21, 2014

Brackhar
Aug 26, 2006

So, this game is super fun. My only main complaint right now is that there doesn't really feel like there's a way to surprise your opponent, so when you start losing it's exceptionally difficult to pull out of the spiral. Anyone else running into this?

Brackhar
Aug 26, 2006

OrangeKing posted:

I think it's quite possible that most players "start losing" quite a while before they realize they're losing, which is what makes comebacks seem so difficult - by that point, you're far behind. It would be like not realizing you're behind in chess until you're a rook down. On the other hand, it is pretty hard for a decent player to completely overlook something, which means that tactical shots aren't common (as they are in chess). Wins and losses more often seem to occur on the strategic, long-term level; watching some high-level games, they tend to realize they're "in trouble" very early and change plans as quickly as possible, hoping to get things back in their favor several moves later.

In other words, I think most of us are just making huge mistakes and paying for them before we even know we've paid for them. The game is complex enough that the best players right now probably aren't playing all that well yet, either!

Yeah, I'd be willing to believe that's the case. It's just rough when you're starting out, 'tis all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brackhar
Aug 26, 2006

I'm honestly not sure how to get better at this game. I win maybe 1 out of ever 8 games I play against the Master Bot, and usually only because there's a super OP unit in the repo that the AI doesn't exploit. I think I fundamentally don't understand the economy curve in this game, 'cause whatever I do I always find myself on the back foot walling up while the enemy continually pumps out aggressive units. However, if I try the same in reverse my defenses get overrun immediately.

• Locked thread