Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
OrangeKing
Dec 5, 2002

They do play in October!
Raising this thread from the dead to say that Prismata is fun and interesting. You should try it!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OrangeKing
Dec 5, 2002

They do play in October!

Vax posted:

Waiting patiently for them to send out alpha keys. I guess they will make the 140k easyil now. Not even 2k to go and 39 hours left.

Btw: If anyone has an alpha key I would take one.

I have some alpha keys, if anyone wants them. Hell, I'll post two in here now -- just post when you take them, so people aren't disappointed:

(Edit: Sorry, all gone!)

I'm up to tier 8, but I need to improve a lot to get to Master tier still. If you want to friend me in game, my screenname is OrangeKing there, too.

OrangeKing fucked around with this message at 02:52 on Dec 21, 2014

OrangeKing
Dec 5, 2002

They do play in October!
I have a couple more keys I could post, but I want to make sure I don't have friends who want to take them before I give them away. Stay tuned!

OrangeKing
Dec 5, 2002

They do play in October!

Brackhar posted:

Would you be willing to PM one to me? I'll play games with you. :glomp:

AuxPriest posted:

If anyone has a spare key, send me a PM. I've been playing the demo to get a feel for the game and would love to play the real thing.

I think I have two I can spare, so check your PMs momentarily.

OrangeKing
Dec 5, 2002

They do play in October!
Sorry Brackhar, my internet went down for a minute after our last game. I think you were actually ahead for a while in that one - maybe the cauterizers just weren't efficient enough, and the centrifuge that late in the game wasn't going to have a big enough impact to get you back in the game.

OrangeKing
Dec 5, 2002

They do play in October!

Brackhar posted:

So, this game is super fun. My only main complaint right now is that there doesn't really feel like there's a way to surprise your opponent, so when you start losing it's exceptionally difficult to pull out of the spiral. Anyone else running into this?

I think it's quite possible that most players "start losing" quite a while before they realize they're losing, which is what makes comebacks seem so difficult - by that point, you're far behind. It would be like not realizing you're behind in chess until you're a rook down. On the other hand, it is pretty hard for a decent player to completely overlook something, which means that tactical shots aren't common (as they are in chess). Wins and losses more often seem to occur on the strategic, long-term level; watching some high-level games, they tend to realize they're "in trouble" very early and change plans as quickly as possible, hoping to get things back in their favor several moves later.

In other words, I think most of us are just making huge mistakes and paying for them before we even know we've paid for them. The game is complex enough that the best players right now probably aren't playing all that well yet, either!

OrangeKing
Dec 5, 2002

They do play in October!

Brackhar posted:

Yeah, I'd be willing to believe that's the case. It's just rough when you're starting out, 'tis all.

Totally agreed. I still go into most sets feeling like I have absolutely no clue what I should be doing, and sometimes don't realize things have gone wrong until I've been breached and have no response. This game isn't forgiving at all for new players. And I'm reasonably decent by current standards (bouncing around Tier 8, nowhere near Tier 9), which is what makes me wonder how confident even the "good" players are right now.

All this said, if you want a more tactical experience, just play bullet or Kappa (3 second turns!) with someone. Absolutely ridiculous. :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OrangeKing
Dec 5, 2002

They do play in October!

KasaiAisu posted:

Man, they nerfed Apollo and Deadeye in the last patch. It's like they hate fun or something.

edit: Nevermind Deadeye is still great party hard

I like new Deadeye even more. It was definitely more of a change than a nerf, and now people can mess up against it in all sorts of ways since (especially when the number of drones are winding down) it's sometimes right to use the attack to take out key defenders rather than whack another drone. Yay, Deadeye!

• Locked thread