Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Trapick
Apr 17, 2006

I can't agree more, Prismata is crazy fun. Get yourself access to the alpha, you can back the kickstarter for $19 or follow people on twitch (lots of key giveaway). There's also an offline demo now at http://play.prismata.net/?demo , so check that out if you're on the fence.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Trapick
Apr 17, 2006

KasaiAisu posted:

The main issue that often comes up with removing randomness is that the game becomes very intimidating to new players. Less skilled players can never beat more skilled ones, which is a big draw for some people and a downside for others.

I personally am in the randomness is bad camp and love the hell out of the demo. I'm just wondering if it'll manage to take off and stay afloat, especially with their business model of cosmetics-only and no unlockables.
Yeah, there's a pretty harsh learning curve for sure. I'm no expert, but was able to consistently destroy my brother since I had 25+ more games played than him...I'm sure that settles at some point, but it made screwing around less fun. I'd love to see some kind of handicap system for 'friendly' games, while retaining the perfectly competitive ranked games.

I'm worried about how they'll do free to play too. I don't particularly care about emotes or skins or whatever, and can't see myself paying for that (unless it was purely to support the game). But maybe I'd pay for special single player campaigns, puzzles, or something. In a backer update video the founder talked about :

1) Skins and emotes (and animations/sound effects)
2) Single player mode/expansions/paid packages
3) Arena mode (basic arena free, fancy ones cost something)
4) Raids (PvE with some friends, somehow)

So maybe that'll work. Be interesting to see.

• Locked thread