Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
We're one step closer to one F-22 owning 4 Phantoms, which is sad because Phantoms are loving awesome.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
The Warthog doesn't have afterburning engines. :spergin:

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
Even if all of those accusations are false, Cosby has to be a real rear end in a top hat to invite that kind of poo poo.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!

Definitely not me.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
I mentioned this in the AI aviation thread, but fuel temo and jet engines has long been an issue for hot weather operations.
The F-35 likely has limitations that place fuel temp below what usually occurs. AWACS crews have canceled flight because of fuel being too hot.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!

Casimir Radon posted:

Well there you go. It's not like this was some completely unforeseen issue that jumped out of the bushes and raped their plane.

Yea, I dunno why the F-35 program is just now getting to this issue. I also completely doubt we're getting the full story either. It's likely that they've never had to operate the jets in an extremely hot environment where this would be encountered. It's an issue, but a rare one. Guys can go their whole careers with never having to deal with fuel being too hot. I only know of it from anecdotes.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
Fuel used to transfer heat away from components is just sensible. The E-3 used fuel to cool pumps and poo poo.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
If you guys want I can post schematics from the E-3 tomorrow regarding this subject.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
Imagine having an SR-71 pilot as an uncle. The coolest dude ever.

Edit: fuel as a coolant. Here are the AWACS schematics.

bloops fucked around with this message at 19:21 on Dec 9, 2014

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
The SR-71 actually ran off of bottomless black ops Cold War dollars, which is pretty much magic in its own charming way.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!

Nostalgia4Infinity posted:

Unlike DnD, report suspected idiocy and I'll actually look into it.

Vasudus didn't like it when I reported Cole for whatever.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
I dated a girl who was a lawyer. She was fantastically crazy. Fun to drink with.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!

ActusRhesus posted:

Yeah...this right here would have a huge impact on the criminal justice system. Minorities don't make up a disproportionate number of arrests (and victims for that matter) because cops have nothing better to do than harass brown people, and they don't make up a disproportionate number because they are somehow genetically predisposed to crime.

It's because they are overrepresented below the poverty line and are stuck in lovely areas where most crime occurs. Fix that and I think you'd see everything else start to level out.

Edit: no, I think you were on to something. A lot of it is poverty.

Pretty insensitive to poor people IMO.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
LoAC is about proportionality.

That didn't stop an F-15E pilot dropping an LGB on a Iraqi helo though back in the Gulf War.
http://theaviationist.com/2012/02/10/f-15e-10000/

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
Whatever. The only poo poo I killed was ozone and sea life.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
I know a little.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YvSx7-CTTl4
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eEFB0ozhcUU

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
Both Grandpa Bloopers fought for the Axis.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!

maffew buildings posted:

I'm glad it took only 3 weeks for the city of Cleavland to establish that

Best Grandpa awardee found

One died before I was born and the other only spoke about the war very briefly with me. He passed a few years ago. Now I'm the only one in my family with any service.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!

Courthouse posted:

And no one thinks of loving jumping him. Seriously, out of two dozen hostages not a one wanted to be big poo poo and get all the pussy for a week or two?

There's a lot of reasons why this isn't smart.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
I've never seen rip-its outside if the military. Is it a fine Skilcraft product?

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
Huh. The only energy drink I consumed was lovely Class 6 coffee.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
You couldn't pay me enough to vacation in Somalia. Getting there would be a nightmare.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
There's plenty of "free speech died today" comments on the internet regarding Sony pulling the movie from release. I don't think those people understand what free speech applies to, but OK.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
Yea the FBI might have something credible to back this up. I didn't think this was Sony's decision.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!

Hahaha

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
That's the Alamo, which is a great theatre.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
There's so many of these dumb clickbait satire/news sites occupying space on the internet. I love to see what someone on Facebook thinks qualifies as a viable news source.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
Don't forget the ultra hipster satire site McSweeneys or whatever.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!

Syncopated posted:

Is there any country in the world that this can't be said of? I'm legit curious.

Well we can all revert back to 13 year olds and argue who has the best.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
That's a loving sweet photo.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!

Mike-o posted:

is that armyman25's arab cousin?

No because that Egyptian dude is fly as gently caress.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!

Booblord Zagats posted:

I'm still not 100% that this isn't just Sony balking to create demand to see what is most likely a terrible movie that would have bombed without the help of a North Korean bottle rocket set.

I think there's a disconnect here. A $42 million dollar comedy isn't a gamble especially with Franco/Rogen. You guys are welcome to throw in your personal take on them as actors or whatever, but the guys earn money for studios and their movies turn a profit.

This Is The End netted the studio nearly $130 million just on release. That's not counting home releases, streaming, and whatever revenue sources they had lined up.

The quality of a movie doesn't correlate to its profitability.

Courthouse posted:

Unless the FBI specifically told them they knew there was a nork agent with a bomb on the loose, I'm pretty sure this is mostly to drive outrage and thus sales. Because studio heads are cowards, sure, but they are also greedy fucks who know that if a cinema actually did get bombed that would probably just lead to everyone patriot-watching the gently caress out of it.

Yea absolutely. Because if this was the case and it became known, Sony would be set on fire within the week. Hardly any corporate entity is going to concoct a terrorist-related plotline with threats of violence to the public as a means to stir up sales. They'd have to be remarkably tone deaf.

I don't think you grasp public relations.

bloops fucked around with this message at 18:34 on Dec 19, 2014

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
The simplest way I see Sony using this Nork hacking threat as a means to bolster sales is because they're loving tone deaf and don't realize they live in America. Even the liberals in this country are calling that movie studio a pussy for balking on the release.

While I think this is probably the best publicity this movie would have ever gotten, I don't think it's intentional. I posted above that a $42 million dollar movie isn't a gamble in the way a $300 million dollar new Bond movie is. There's a thousand ways to make money back on a small investment like that, and they have the historical precedent to do so based on Franco/Rogen's previous work.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!

GENDERWEIRD GREEDO posted:

Shooting guns is fun but not really fun enough to get all bent out of shape over laws. Cool thing to do every few months or so with a range rental I guess

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
Shooting is cool but expensive. I haven't taken my Kimber out to the range in almost 3 years if not longer.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
I think the gun enthusiasts who collect them as a means to enjoy military history or whatever are cool. I get that wholeheartedly. It's the dudes who seem to dream about being the victim of a home invasion or street crime who just make me laugh.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
He didn't even bother mentioning how little protection a car door provides. Dude plays life by Call of Duty rules.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
Trucks have always been a thing for guys who needed them for work. That's what I always thought was the case until I enlisted.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!

Fister Roboto posted:

I always heard stories about MiG pilots and maintenance crews drinking the hydraulic fluid because it was alcohol based. Never seen anything indicating that it was more than a silly Cold War rumor, but I wouldn't be at all surprised if it was true.

It's very true. The fluid that kept Mig-21 radars cool was alcohol as well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!

Fuuuuuuuuck that!

• Locked thread