Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

Quality posting direct from my brain to your face holes.

Vasudus posted:

Saw a group of protesters get on the car ahead of me today on the red line.

They had a big stuffed cop doll with them. Hanging from a stick.

That's a totally rational thing to do.

Where the gently caress do you live?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

I don't think two sides could have a monopoly on anything, by definition

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

I'm spicy guacamole

A gay avatar haver

Current events thread

Zeris fucked around with this message at 12:56 on Nov 26, 2014

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

Zeroisanumber posted:

I do a lot of volunteer work for a group that tries to get kids in the 3rd world vaccinated against deadly disease. Pakistan's cast-iron determination to see its kids spend their short lives inside of cast-iron lungs is one of the biggest hurdles that we have left to actually eradicating Polio outside of the laboratory.

While Pakistan is nowhere near passing the "actually gives a poo poo about its people's basic needs" test, I have to point out that western volunteers vaccinating poors is a cliche CIA plot for a reason (we actually did it).

Edit. You can google "CIA vaccination bin laden" for your preferred source

http://www.npr.org/blogs/thetwo-way/2014/05/20/314231260/cia-says-it-will-no-longer-use-vaccine-programs-as-cover

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

Shut the gently caress up about D&D

Current events

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

Stultus Maximus posted:

Except that the amount of explosives required to have any effect would be prohibitive. I mean, it is funny imagining some black guys in berets and leather jackets carting multiple wheelbarrows of fertilizer across the Arch grounds, but it probably was never going to happen.

Ehh.....they probably failed out of flight school.

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

Mike-o posted:

I thought rape was a core value of all the services :confused:

Yeah except you're not supposed to get caught, that's the part you missed. Gotta keep good OPSEC.

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

Godholio posted:

He'll be an honorary AF colonel by next week.

Don't they invent new tenured faculty positions at the AF academy for this sort of occurrence?

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

Slim Pickens posted:

Don't worry, it's the dod, they'll find a way to gently caress it up eventually.

Battleforce Healthcare Futuredynamic XXI

I can't wait to see the slide deck

and how criminally they under-resource the implementation of whatever.

Nothing against Vasudus, it's just that if you replace the words "health care" in his post with anything else by the DoD, well, it starts to feel familiar.

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

Vasudus posted:

Obviously they'll gently caress it up eventually, which is not only not my problem, I'll actually probably make more money when they do.

~The circle of DODlife~

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

aka gently caress you got mine, which is the best policy.

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

Courthouse posted:

I'd say solo policing is dumb beyond measure and all this could easily have been avoided by always being in pairs or more, but someone would just post a video of that fat guy getting strangled on the sidewalk for selling lose cigarettes. :smith:

Don't be silly, of course they will. And probably accuse them of having put the bullet in the journalists head themselves.

Safe to say the proud warrior peoples of Yemen taught him too much about the evils of Obama's drone warfare, and for national security, he had to go.

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

iyaayas01 posted:

I feel like that was in Iraq but I could completely believe it happening in Afghanistan too.

fake edit: Yeah it was Iraq.

Yeah so this kinda sums it all up, both in its idiocy and genius:

quote:

Q: "But the fact is billions of dollars have disappeared without trace."

Oliver: "Of their money. Billions of dollars of their money, yeah I understand. I'm saying what difference does it make?"

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

Which of you gassed the furry convention in Chicago?

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/local/breaking/chi-19-hospitalized-thousands-evacuated-in-gas-leak-at-rosemont-hotel-20141207-story.html

quote:

“It was shocking,” said Smejkal while standing outside the hotel dressed in a red panda animal suit.

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

Hunterhr posted:

Put a bunch of unsupervised mentally ill people in the same place and something bad is bound to happen.

I haven't seen a VA hospital get shot up yet

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

quote:

For some law students, particularly, though not only, students of color, this chain of events is all the more profound as it threatens to undermine a sense that the law is a fundamental pillar of society designed to protect fairness, due process and equality.

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

edit- it's a loving law school. Why are they letting in idiots who aren't ready to play the game? Is this a Columbia thing?

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

Vasudus posted:

This is America, someone go and snag some highlights for me.

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2014/12/09/the-most-gruesome-moments-in-the-cia-torture-report.html

I don't see the big deal

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

gently caress I would have killed for a hummus, pasta, nuts and raisins MRE this is bullshit

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

Courthouse posted:

I'd argue there is a distinct difference between shooting a car up because they weren't slowing down when people pointed guns at them, and slowly and methodically torturing someone you know is probably innocent.

But in the grand scheme of things, it's about the same as projectile diarrhea-ing the entirety of a gas station bathroom, then getting upset about dropping a wad of used toilet paper on the floor.

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

Panzeh posted:

The Soviet management of the Communist government in Afghanistan was comically inept, bested only by the way we handled the South Vietnamese government. Like us, they decided to just go ahead and coup out a leader they thought ineffective, which just ended up making things worse, the way we did with Diem.

An unpopular Soviet-backed government in Kabul tried to consolidate power by executing political prisoners en masse in the late 70s; the 80,000-strong Afghan army began hemorrhaging deserters and the country was about to throw up all over itself when the Soviets arrived. They walked into a loss, especially considering how pissed we were that the US ambassador to Afghanistan had been kidnapped by rebels and killed in an Afghan police / Soviet advisor "rescue attempt" that ended like every hostage situation involving Russians; we were funneling money to the Afghan rebels to help them destabilize the Soviet-backed government (yes, those rebels) which escalated to the missiles and such we're used to hearing about, and so forth. The Soviets tried to prop up a government that wanted to end the "feudalism" of rural Afghanistan; modernize it; secularize it, and so forth. They enforced this position by bulldozing and bombing entire villages. Hearts and minds didn't work so well, either, 30 years later. I sort of wish the Soviets had succeeded, though.

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

nevermind

Zeris fucked around with this message at 16:21 on Dec 11, 2014

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

ActusRhesus posted:

I'm a lawyer. I feed off of the hatred of others.

Thread title please

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

Waroduce posted:

In other news a US Marine has been charged with the October murder of a tranny in the Phillippines

I was under the impression that USMC filipino tranny murder was already a weekly occurrence?

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

Dead Reckoning posted:

You're talking about these guys, right?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEbgAB269ik

They're certainly something.

3:25 onward... perfect...

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

One time I met TTFA at BAF and said hi and bs'd for a bit, then went back to our wars. He seemed cool. I guess he doesn't post here anymore. Im glad some of my sipr emails to intel hotties never got found out. Well that's all I have to say about that.

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

Waroduce posted:

US delivered 10 Apaches to Egypt. Insh'allah they will not be used against civilians

Who gives a poo poo it's not like we hold ourselves to that standard

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

psydude posted:

That and maybe like a veteran of the Iran-Iraq war

They're dead, alright? They're all dead. Can I go now?

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

Current events thread

So shut the gently caress up about war

Last war ended 2 days ago

This is a peacetime thread

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

Victor Vermis posted:

If you don't see the correlation between urban warfare myths and the academic perception that the modern US military is FAILING to adapt to 4th generation warfare then I don't even know.

It isn't failing. It isn't trying. Because voters don't give a poo poo about counterinsurgency anymore than they give a poo poo about social reform. Kill the browns/Arrest the browns. Just don't pee on them or bring a glock to a centuries-of-oppression-fueled fist fight.

We just weren't agile enough for these wars. We need US army battalion combat teams. Critical MOS shortages preventing this configuration, otherwise necessary to ensure six months of fighting/sustainability operations on foreign land, will be met by financial incentives, waivers, and lots o' women and gays.

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

Cole posted:

Reroute the enola gay?

Time to reactivate the Philadelphia experiment.

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

Best Friends posted:

In GBS there was the ulilila (s/p?) thread where a totally harmless autistic guy who wanted nothing more than to sit around, eat pizza and program a 2d side scrolling video game had

- his sister's nudes found, distributed, and repeatedly sent to him by gbs dudes
-gbs dudes repeatedly asking him if he wanted to gently caress his sister
-his every facebook status met with gbs dudes "owning" him
-gbs posters in communication with his parents asking if they could buy him stuff
-gbs posters buying him stuff anyway
-gbs posters having some sort of lottery or contest or something to go on a date with him
-gbs posters just coming over and hanging out then going to gbs to talk about the monster ownage of the harmless autistic guy they did

These people can all still post here and think this stuff was fine and normal.

Remember the time all of GIP flew overseas to stomp mud babies into the sand for Dick Cheney's oil machine?

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

Ethics in Acquisitions Journalism

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

gigi new thread yall

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3691787

• Locked thread