Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

MadTV is correctly described as some of the funniest LA comedians of their day being corralled into making some of the least funny material they could produce.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Music industry stars are awful people and sleep around on each other until it's no longer worth pretending they're a unit. As the world turns.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Gonz posted:

Fire + Ice restaurant interiors from the Boston area, circa 1998-2001

Going to places like this as a kid with untreated ADHD was hell on wheels because you're overstimulated but you don't know you're overstimulated so you just either withdraw completely or start vibrating like a goblin and in both cases everyone hates you for it.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Same pedophile as Jeepers Creepers iirc

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

ninjahedgehog posted:

I mean, this was the era of the "food pyramid" and its recommended 6-11 servings of grain daily

Even as a particularly non-critical child towards authority I remember reading 6-11 servings and going "that can't be right."

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

This mutated into "the 00s" thread at an alarmingly fast rate

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Watching that poo poo on TV after middle school I do remember thinking in the back of my head "Ok so great this is going to be a big generational dividing line of culture and politics for me. gently caress. Fantastic. Good for me."

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

dialhforhero posted:

I mean…she looks hot to me. :shrug:
It's Kayley Cuoco, who has been professionally hot for like 20 years, so yeah she's working what she's got.

Gonz posted:

Sidley House, Malibu, CA, built circa 1992

Went up for sale in 2021 for $20,000,000; may or may not be a Tiberium processing plant from Command & Conquer.

Wanna rent this out to old nerds as a Paul Verhoeven themed amusement park.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Milo and POTUS posted:

I love the critic so much but it's probably better for it's rep that it never left the 90s. If only the simpsons had listened...
It did. They did a web series around 2000 and it sucked on toast:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C3pXjS7cYiU

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Lately, I get offered YT playlists for giant chunks of unedited television broadcasts of like Toonami or DIC cartoons or whatever from the 80s-early 00s and ngl, if I were depressed as poo poo I'd probably warm bath that.

Presumably at least a few sad kids are catching up that way.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Are those keyboard cleaner goo balls basically Gak that grew up, got a job, and sold out SLC Punk-style? I'd actually buy some if they were.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Mikey from the TMNT as Bones from Star Trek is on very few people's bingo cards, but those with it must be very happy right now

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Somehow that makes even less sense

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

I was not, but suggestion noted

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Gonz posted:

This place grabs you by the scruff of your collar and beats you over the head with how 90’s it is.

Even more photos at the link: https://www.zillow.com/homedetails/8481-E-Milford-Pl-Tucson-AZ-85750/8474599_zpid/

I was just playing Ion Fury and thinking about the color palette not really reflecting the 90s aesthetics, and I realize now I was very, very wrong.