Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

pumped up for school
Nov 24, 2010

Jurassic 5.

Bran Van 3000.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pumped up for school
Nov 24, 2010

Heath posted:

Split is great and I'm gonna listen to it now

Same!

Random 90s interview with Robert Trujillo, bass player for Suicidal Tendencies and Infectious grooves at the time (now Metallica). They asked him what he was listening to and it was Lush. Very "carpets not matching the drapes" to me.

pumped up for school
Nov 24, 2010

empty baggie posted:

When Beavis and Butthead do America came out, it opened at midnight at one little two screen theater in my hometown, and the place was packed with stoner type kids from 3 local high schools that night. It was a beautiful experience. They closed and tore the theater down about a year later.

And we had a great time!

pumped up for school
Nov 24, 2010

I think about that one every time I open this thread.

pumped up for school
Nov 24, 2010

Holy poo poo. Thank you and curse you. I'm wondering if my phone has the storage to just download for work trips. Have a 20hr drive coming up where I can annoy my young coworkers.

pumped up for school
Nov 24, 2010

I was in our record store, I think it was a chain can't remember, but they had listening stations where you could take a cd to the counter, they'd pop it and you'd listen with their headphones.

I took this to the counter, and this guy looks down from his raised platform and says "come with me," puts copper blue on to play and then a half dozen other cds of Bob Mould and his produced stuff. I spent a lot of money that day for an early teen. Probably the one that stuck the longest is Magnapop.

pumped up for school
Nov 24, 2010

mind the walrus posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OMJDGRwexCY

Lmao Grohl is playing ball but Cobain is having none of it.

As a non-90s aside, the Heart reference mentioned was the Wilson sisters (as The Lovemongers) doing a fantastic cover of The Battle of Evermore.

I wore my cassette of the Singles soundtrack out in my 1990 Sentra, with its auto seat belts and cheap factory stereo.

pumped up for school
Nov 24, 2010

uber_stoat posted:

speaking of the Crow and shoegaze...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E7sHOZ1hVk8

that one was a remix by the Cocteau Twins, this is the previous version.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SEdKeXFS-wE

I remember when I bought that Medicine cd and was surprised by the difference between the soundtrack version and the LP. Immediate reaction was WTF but spent some time with it. Good record.

Also second for Cures Burn being best Cure song but wife gets mad when I say that. I double down and play 90s covers of Cure songs like the one on Dinosaur Jr Fossils and Alkaline Trios version of Exploding Boy.

pumped up for school
Nov 24, 2010

Hello rabbit hole. This is great, thanks for sharing.

pumped up for school
Nov 24, 2010

Darthemed posted:

Thirty years ago today, the soundtrack to The Crow was released.

Hell yeah. I remember buying a Medicine album b/c of Time Baby. The album version wasn't as good as the soundtrack cut.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pumped up for school
Nov 24, 2010

I started this true crime doc series "The 90s: The Deadliest Decade" on Hulu.

It is very anachronistic but still a fun trip. The bumper graphics are pagers and AOL screen grabs, old TV ads and local news clips.