Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
emmie

Good Luck Zook

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

verily carefree

I just want to say, good luck, and we're all counting on you.

Veskit

I love capitalism!! DM me for the best investing advice!
You're going to have a really hard time getting your money in order if you don't come up with an actual budget. Just posting what money goes out isn't helpful if you don't have money coming in, or at least forcast the money going out. If you're taking this whole life thing seriously, I can help you design the budget, but you need to sit down and do some of the ground work.

Write down your monthly expenses, rent/automotive/gas/utilities/internet ect. These should be fixed.

Then write down what you consider costs that fluctuate. Eating out, smoking booze, entertainment.

Then write down how much income you have coming in. Do this and we'll move forward from that.

vapoursquid

none other
Good luck, Zook!

Zook
Day 2 Report:

Health:
Drank 1 Energy Drink
Smoked 5 Cigarettes
Drank 0 Alcoholic Drinks

Exercise:
Did some Push-Ups and Sit-Ups
Wanted to hit the gym again but worked late again, gonna work out before work tomorrow so I don't have this issue.

Finance:
Spent $3 on a drink.

Misc:
Noticed some fatigue and muscle pain, as well as feeling antsy, nothing too big. Noticed my last cigarette of the day tasted really bad and halfway through it I didn't want to finish. Gonna try to smoke 0 cigarettes on day 3 and see how that goes, think the chantix is working though, no negative side-effects so far. Gonna drink 1 energy drink on day 3 because it seems to be countering caffeine withdrawls, and I don't want nicotine and caffeine withdrawls to hit me on the same day. On day 4 or 5 I plan on phasing down to a cup of coffee in the morning as my only caffeine intake.

emmie

Zook posted:

Day 2 Report:

Health:
Drank 1 Energy Drink
Smoked 5 Cigarettes
Drank 0 Alcoholic Drinks

Exercise:
Wanted to hit the gym again but worked late again, gonna work out before work tomorrow so I don't have this issue.

Finance:
Spent $3 on a drink.

Misc:
Noticed some fatigue and muscle pain, as well as feeling antsy, nothing too big. Noticed my last cigarette of the day tasted really bad and halfway through it I didn't want to finish. Gonna try to smoke 0 cigarettes on day 3 and see how that goes, think the chantix is working though, no negative side-effects so far. Gonna drink 1 energy drink on day 3 because it seems to be countering caffeine withdrawls, and I don't want nicotine and caffeine withdrawls to hit me on the same day. On day 4 or 5 I plan on phasing down to a cup of coffee in the morning as my only caffeine intake.

Good Job zook! Good Luck Zook :D

drilldo squirt

a beautiful, soft meat sack

drilldo squirt posted:

Good luck zook.

----------------

Blazing Zero

*sigh* sure. it's a weed joke
zook, will you have what it takes to carry on when this thread is unsticky and buried?

i dont think you will so in prep for that day - please dont commit suicide okay buddy?

bwatts

Humans Among Us posted:

you should post here more

youre right but probably for the wrong reasons.

alnilam

Blazing Zero posted:

zook, will you have what it takes to carry on when this thread is unsticky and buried?

i dont think you will so in prep for that day - please dont commit suicide okay buddy?

my sensei always said, "it only takes a single bump, to unbury the deepest thread"

the unabonger

Zook posted:

Day 2 Report:

Health:
Drank 1 Energy Drink
Smoked 5 Cigarettes
Drank 0 Alcoholic Drinks

Exercise:

Finance:
Spent $3 on a drink.

Misc:

dont be discouraged if you cant quit both nicotine and caffeine at the same time, its alot of kicking of addictions to do at once. good luck, and keep up doing good work!

Damp Star Baby

Staying Legend. CA Exempt DEATH
I loving love caffeine. I loving love mate tea

go Zook go!

I must create a system or be enslaved by another mans; I will not reason and compare: my business is to create. - William Blake

ron color
zook you should eat some food too

heard u like girls

pls add this to banners

----------------

bwatts

or don't, because it's not funny

heard u like girls

bwatts we need to have a talk

----------------

heard u like girls

when i was on the toilet i thought of bwee and not you bwatts
this must mean something

----------------

BERGfu

Veskit posted:

Write down your monthly expenses, rent/automotive/gas/utilities/internet ect. These should be fixed.

Then write down what you consider costs that fluctuate. Eating out, smoking booze, entertainment.

This is super important if you actually want to make any budget at all.

Mathhole

rot in hell, wonderbread.
even if you forgot which forum it makes sense to post in, i want you to succeed

cat_herder

BE GAY
DO CRIME

Good job, Zook, keep at it!

cis_eraser_420

I am way too lazy to actually change anything about my life so I'll live vicariously through you

keep on keepin' on zookman :)

FluffieDuckie

zook sweetie i don't see a report for yesterday.

Thank you for the beautiful sig Machai!

Matoi Ryuko

Rip zook.

:rip:

Matoi Ryuko

It was a tough journey, and he gave it his all.

GODSPEED JOHN GLENN

I put my thumb up my bum and shut one eye, and my thumb blotted out the planet Earth.

he paid the ultimate price for self improvement.

alnilam

~*~* In the arms of the angel
Fly away from here
*~*~

Zook

FluffieDuckie posted:

zook sweetie i don't see a report for yesterday.
Sorry, I should be better about updating this, long story short, I hosed up yesterday.

Day 3 Report:

Health:
Drank 0 Energy Drinks (Had 1 Large Peppermint Mocha from starbucks though)
Smoked 4 Cigarettes
Drank 6 Alcoholic Drinks

Exercise:
None, slacked on this, felt pretty guilty the whole day.

Finance:
Spent probably around $20-$40

Misc:
Fell off the wagon so to speak, was doing good on everything (minus the workout) until after work, some co-workers invited me out, ended up having about 6 drinks through the course of the night, got offered to smoke and was weak and gave in. Seriously considering cutting out all alcohol until I have a firm grasp on quitting cigarettes entirely.

Zook
Although I have failed on day 3, I am determined to not let that get to me, I will continue the experiment as planned, I can only hope this strengthens my resolve.

hemale in pain

mmm i'd say 6 drinks isn't too bad for a night out, like clubbing till 3am, buuuut if it makes you smoke dont do it!!

A Tin Of Beans

wait so now you're planning on quitting smoking, caffeine AND drinking all at once????????? that sounds like an even worse idea. one step at a time little buddy. you've got this zook.

BERGfu

Shoot for the stars and you'll hit the moon, shoot for the moon you'll get to the clouds. Go for all three and either fail in a spectacular fashion or succeed and become god king of addict crushers.

Damp Star Baby

Staying Legend. CA Exempt DEATH
I gave zook the marijuanas and he died instantly, or whatever weed meme is in fashion these days

sooobmesoemblses

I must create a system or be enslaved by another mans; I will not reason and compare: my business is to create. - William Blake

Tarranon

Diggity Dog
one time i had such an awful day and i was so mad, that i stopped smoking and started running, just to contain the feels of that horrible day, and i was angry for so long that it made it easy to keep not smoking, because every time i thought about smoking i thought about that day, and it made me mad and not want to smoke, and run more

thats my advice to the op, just substitute smoking with smoking, alcohol, caffeine, going to the gym, and taking night classes

emmie

smoobled again :(

vapoursquid

none other
good luck, zook

heard u like girls

GLZ

----------------

emmie

well, zook?

Senior Management

Has anyone suggested weed?

If not quiting those three things at once sound hard but you can get it done even if it takes some time.

:jerry:

vapoursquid

none other
wtf zook

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Savage For The Winjun

no updates from zook?

• Locked thread