Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
joke_explainer

Zook posted:

Are you guys making fun of me? I'm sorry if I said something dumb.

:69snypa:

There's a few joking posts Zook but I don't think you're particularly the butt of the joke. Everyone is rooting for you to get your life to where you want it. You had a good day, keep it up!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

joke_explainer

Resticky the Zook's life improvement thread please. How is Zook's life going to get on track if we're not keeping tabs on him? :colbert:

alnilam

Oh we'll keep tabs... nobody gets away from the yob :evilbuddy:

heard u like girls

being mostly brutally honest in this thread. keep it up zook your doing great

----------------

Savage For The Winjun

bump cuz mods are tards who dont support life improvement

Zook
Day 16 Report:

Health:
Drank 0 Energy Drinks
Smoked 0 Cigarettes
Drank 1 Alcoholic drink

Exercise: Upper Body + Core Workout

Finance:
$12 coffee + went out for dinner with a friend

Misc: I can't wait for this week to be over, agh.

alnilam

Zook posted:

Day 16 Report:

Health:
Drank 0 Energy Drinks
Smoked 0 Cigarettes
Drank 1 Alcoholic drink

Exercise: Upper Body + Core Workout

Finance:
$12 coffee + went out for dinner with a friend

Misc: I can't wait for this week to be over, agh.

:toot:
what kinda workout you doin brah, you should post in the byob fitnes's thread

ty manifisto

Zook

alnilam posted:

:toot:
what kinda workout you doin brah, you should post in the byob fitnes's thread

I did bodyweight exercise stuff for about an hour, I like to switch it up so I don't get bored, a lot of push ups (diamond and wide arm) and various core exercises (iron cross, russian twist, sit up, crunch) though. I lift weights sometimes and run others though.

Mathhole

rot in hell, wonderbread.
zook, you're rockin it

alnilam

Zook posted:

I did bodyweight exercise stuff for about an hour, I like to switch it up so I don't get bored, a lot of push ups (diamond and wide arm) and various core exercises (iron cross, russian twist, sit up, crunch) though. I lift weights sometimes and run others though.

is the russian twist a dance :slick:

ty manifisto

joke_explainer

Zook, we need updates man

A Tin Of Beans

yes zook how are you doing

alnilam

File a missing persons report :ohdearsass:

Zook
Day 17 Report:

Health:
Drank 0 Energy Drinks
Smoked 0 Cigarettes
Drank 2 Alcoholic drink

Exercise: Hill Sprinting

Finance:
$3 on a coffee

Misc: Sorry about the slow updating, been really busy.

Awesome!

Ready for adventure!

good work zook

Zook
Day 18 Report:

Health:
Drank 1 Energy Drinks
Smoked 0 Cigarettes
Drank 0 Alcoholic drink

Exercise: Lifted Weights

Finance:
$15, went out for lunch with co-workers

Misc: This is a russian twist.

dogcrash truther
how do you feel zook, cutting back on all that stuff seems like it might make a boy cranky

Zook
I probably shouldn't post this, but I'm really surprised and kind of proud of myself for not smoking/being consistent after screwing up, I've been a pack a day smoker for over 5 years until now.

Awesome!

Ready for adventure!

you should be proud of yourself for that

A Tin Of Beans

Zook posted:

I probably shouldn't post this, but I'm really surprised and kind of proud of myself for not smoking/being consistent after screwing up, I've been a pack a day smoker for over 5 years until now.

why shouldn't you post it, that's awesome and you totally deserve to be proud of it. quitting smoking is super hard. high five zook

alnilam

Zook posted:

Misc: This is a russian twist.

That's a weird looking dance!! Russians lol

Zook

dogcrash truther posted:

how do you feel zook, cutting back on all that stuff seems like it might make a boy cranky

It's weird, I think I definitely have more emotions, which kind of sounds weird like I'm a robot or something. But I guess I mean that I have higher highs and lower lows, when I'm tired I'm tired as dirt, because I don't use energy drinks and cigarettes to trick my body, when I have energy I have really good energy, because it's natural. Quitting smoking was irritable at first, but now I don't even notice, unless I'm drinking (heavily). Financially I wish I was doing a little bit better, but I've definitely made a big jump from where I was.

I think my next goal is going to be improving my sleep. I recently watched National Geographic's "Sleepless in America" (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ti20okupT6U) and it seems like a good thing to work on.

Mathhole

zook you sexy man's man, you!

the unabonger

Awesome! posted:

you should be proud of yourself for that

drilldo squirt

a beautiful, soft meat sack

A Tin Of Beans posted:

zook we love you

He's good, and I wish him luck.

----------------

Matoi Ryuko

You can zoo it, Dook!

City of Glompton

good work zook, keep up the momentum!

Zook
Day 19 Report:

Health:
Drank Energy Drinks
Smoked 0 Cigarettes
Drank ?# Alcoholic drink

Exercise: Sprinting

Finance:
$120, went out for dinner with friends at a nice restaurant, afterwards went barhopping, drank too much.

On a positive note, someone tried to offer me a cigarette like 3 times when I was really drunk, and I wasn't even tempted.

Zook
Day 20 Report:

Health:
Drank 0 Energy Drinks
Smoked 0 Cigarettes
Drank 8-9 Alcoholic drink

Exercise: Nothing

Finance:
$50, ordered pizza for lunch, spent about $30 at the bars.

Zook
Day 21 Report:

Health:
Drank 0 Energy Drinks
Smoked 0 Cigarettes
Drank 1 Alcoholic drink

Exercise: Nothing

Finance:
$0

Misc: Should probably drink less...wasn't planning on going out at all saturday night this weekend, but my friend started blowing up my phone about how they were lonely and they didn't have anyone to hang out with, then when I got to the bar they insisted on buying me drinks. :/

Zook
Also sorry for not updating more regularly.

alnilam

you may have drank a lot but i think you should focus on the fact that you are doing aweosme at not smoking

as many posters said it's hard to conquer many demons at once so you should be really proud that you're kicking smoking's rear end, maybe you can ease up on the drinking soon once smoking is in the bag :)

ty manifisto

alnilam

if yotu don't update we will find and murder u irl :twisted: :toxx:

ty manifisto

Zook
Honestly I think energy drinks are harder than cigarettes, the craving for cigarettes goes away after a while, but being tired only gets worse over time...and going from having the ability to give yourself energy anytime you need it, to not, really sucks.

Mathhole

zook, have oyu tried sleeping?

i am he

nice job not smoking, though im sure your coolness has taken a big blow.

Zook

i am he posted:

nice job not smoking, though im sure your coolness has taken a big blow.
Smoking is cool, but do you know what is also cool? Saving money and bettering your overall health. Haha, didn't see that one coming, did you?

vapoursquid

none other
good luck, zook!

alnilam

Zook lives

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Tin Of Beans

Zook posted:

Honestly I think energy drinks are harder than cigarettes, the craving for cigarettes goes away after a while, but being tired only gets worse over time...and going from having the ability to give yourself energy anytime you need it, to not, really sucks.

good luck zook you will get used to it. sleep is really good. so is exercise. you will be less tired if you do those (at different times)

• Locked thread