Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Sociopastry posted:

Gettin' the cute thread up to speed!

Piglets are so cute!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

muscles like this? posted:

One of my cats has been booped so much that he sometimes boops back. He'll be sitting in my lap, turn over and hit my nose.

Speaking of which he's sleeping on the couch right now.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Maggie Fletcher posted:

Well sonofabitch.

The worst is that my internet is hosed right now and I can't get the videos to open so I can't even see what you're talking about. :(

Lyrebirds are perfect mimics, they've been caught making every kind of noise imaginable, including electronics, typewriters, and chainsaws.

Edit: in that video they're mostly copying other zoo animals.

Kwyndig has a new favorite as of 00:12 on Jan 24, 2015

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Six-Of-Hearts posted:

*Pulls the pin from a Cute Grenade.*
*Lobs it into thread.*

So do Red Pandas not have natural predators, or have they somehow weaponized adorable?

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

I don't think you can dig your way to freedom cat.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Calico cats aren't even chimera, they just have random X inactivation in their cells that causes those fur patterns.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Oh yeah!

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Mizuti posted:

Cats are generally cool with things that are quiet, slow-moving, and not overly grabby. I think that's why some like infants. Toddlers, not so much.

Edit: Bonus french bulldog puppy disregarding all those cat etiquette rules and acting so happy about it!

At first I thought there was something wrong with that dog but then I remembered that frenchies are just that derpy when they get excited :3:

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Panic! at Nabisco posted:

Okay, this confused me, so I looked into it. I can't find anything that says the actual petting of the cubs is bad for any reason other than "it teaches people that big cats should be pets when they shouldn't." Am I missing something? I imagine the petting exhibits are unethical and probably mistreat the animals in other ways, but "cub petting is extremely cruel" like they say on that site seems like a bit of an overreaction to the actual act of petting the things.

They're separated from their mothers, they tend to be mistreated by their handlers, big cat cubs do not want to be kept in enclosed spaces and touched by large numbers of strangers, and in the long run they tend to be killed when they reach adulthood.

Edit: sorry for the bum out.

Here's a sleepy cat

Kwyndig has a new favorite as of 02:55 on Apr 12, 2015

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

What, no fellow Hoo-man I am not a cat.

*Falls over*

My disguise is ruined!

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Choco1980 posted:

I've heard they need to be bathed more often because their skin can get oily and yucky.

Yeah you need to actually bathe hairless cats unlike regular cats who can generally clean themselves.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Peacocks are generally fine just wandering around, they're smart enough to not get into any real trouble unless zoo visitors start harassing them, and even then peacocks are pretty fearless and very vocal, so keepers wouldn't have any trouble protecting them..

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

drrockso20 posted:

Well said dog had dragged adults as well, just not as bad as it had done with me(heck I remember one time it tore a bolted down table it was strapped to right out of the ground)

My parents used to have a setter/retriever mix (he was pure mutt so there was probably some other stuff in there too) and one time while walking him he nearly pulled me off of my feet when he saw a squirrel, and at the time I was 200-ish pounds. Also, he figured out how to break into the refrigerator, many a leftover where consumed by that mighty beast.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

rodbeard posted:

And that dog's name was marmaduke

Please, marmaduke is a pure bred Great Dane, if we'd had one of those he'd have almost ripped my arm off.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Zeroisanumber posted:

Baby porcupine born at the Bronx Zoo this week:

Vrry tiny.

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE! I never realized porcupines could be so cute! I wonder if their baby quills are soft.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Neddy Seagoon posted:

How about a Dust Bath in sloowww mooootiooonnn?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MzhpNOwVr5o

So, why do they bathe in dust? Also:kimchi:

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

This is a prime example of don't try this at home that you seriously want to try at home.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Choco1980 posted:

Stolen from the Schadenfreude Thread:

Aww, that dog thinks he's helping :3:

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Is this cat a wizard? Because it looks like a wizard.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Grey tabby you say?

http://heytrophy.com/

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

SinineSiil posted:

Hey, I need a big version of your super cute avatar!

Okay.

Elder Postsman posted:

my wife bought a snowman costume for the cats

I will die tonight

It's Teddy, love Teddy.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Pet dat tribble.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

SynthOrange posted:

I really hope they got an actual mini-pig and not just a regular piglet.

Yeah that's what I was thinking when they said mini-pig, wouldn't be the first time somebody has fallen for that one.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Chili posted:

Oh god you guys, I'm so happy.

My fiancee and are continuing along with fostering kittens/cats from our local SPCA. There was a cat that needed fostering who was... 30 pounds. Yes, a 30 pound cat. His name is Butterscotch and he looks incredible.

Anyway, we were going to pull the trigger but someone else beat us to it. But today, we found out that his current fosters have sucked and he didn't eat with them for 3 days! Needless to say these people were let go and we were immediately summoned to come and get him, we're one of the SPCA's favorite fosters!

It's a really good day, we get DAT FAT KITTY and we found out we're doing a good job.

Of course, there will be far too many pictures of Butterscotch posted on Friday, once we get him. According to our point person, he's very needy and cuddly. This is going to be the best.

He won't be Fat Kitty forever, we're gonna be working with him to get him to a healthful weight so he can be adopted (but this already feels a hell of a lot like a foster failure).

Are you ready for Fat Kitty? You better be ready, 'cos Fat Kitty is a comin.

Butterscotch looks like he needs all the pets. Give him pets.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

dupersaurus posted:

These days computer parts pretty much can only go one way in one place. You'll probably have to put more effort into screwing it up than doing it right.

This, I built a computer two years ago and it was really simple, the only problem I had was they had shipped the wrong number of a couple kind of screws.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

This just reminds me how smart elephants are. Also :3:

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Speaking of fat birds, anybody got any fancy pigeons? I could use some cheering up after the month I've been having.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

cash crab posted:

:3: My dad has one.

His name is William. (That refers to the bird and my dad.)

(his cattes are cute, too)

Your pigeon is sufficiently fancy. Also those kittens are adorable :kimchi:

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Nostradingus posted:

I just adopted this li'l cutie. Her name is Lobsterfest.

Now that's a Lobersterfest I want to go to :3:

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

I like sheep and goats but baby goats and lambs are the best.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

kinmik posted:

I loving can't stop laughing at this. On imgur with the caption "When you're licking your cat friend but get hungry all of a sudden"
http://i.imgur.com/A1tL0Ge.webm

Both of those cats look like Wilford Brimley.

Post more smoosh face cats.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

QUACKTASTIC posted:

floof
I found more

This is indeed a prince of cats. :swoon:

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

hiddenriverninja posted:

aren't kitten eyes originally purple then change greenish as they get older

Blue, it's a melanin thing that happens to pretty much every mammal and then they change to whatever their genetics dictates as the melanin production hits. You'll see it in human babies too. Also cats get yellow or blue or green eyes. Sometimes other colors.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

bitprophet posted:

It's not the blue, more the clarity or texture - they look kinda milky or something. Just off somehow. Hopefully it's just me?

Could just be glare from the lighting. Otherwise, poor kitty is going to have cataracts :(

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Mrs.Nameko posted:

It was chilly at the store today! :kimchi:

I love when kitties snuggle together :3:

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Fluffy chickens are my favorite dinosaur.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Well most of them are long dead so that could be hard.

Fancy Pigeons!

Yes it's a painting not a photograph, I still think it is cute.

I like the crazy feathered feet kind.

Apparently Charles Darwin studied fancy pigeons as part of his research for his book on evolution :3:

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Oh my god that is adorable.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Chili posted:

Butterscotch does not play well with kittens. He goes after them with a pretty crazy look in his eyes. He's a people cat.

Maybe he's just hungry and doesn't recognize kittens as not food :v:

• Locked thread