Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

ElGroucho posted:

That is a grown rear end man. 19 years old. Tidy your room? :psyduck:

Do you think they might be joking?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

Zeroisanumber posted:

If you leave spiders alone and just clean up egg sacs whenever you find them, you're pretty much just describing having a spider in your house.

This is what I do. I figure they're predators, so either there's things to eat that I like having around less than spiders, or the problem will solve itself.

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

Hra Mormo posted:

Aren't those the things classified according to how many generations they're down from wild animals? And the furthest you can get is like 6?

Yeah, F1 is a hybrid of a house cat and a serval. F everything else is a few generations down.

Edit 2: it might be A. Pretty sure F is for tornados...

This is a serval.

I want a savannah cat real bad, but I don't have that kind of money. But oh man, I'd totally walk it on a leash like a dog. :3:

Blue Footed Booby has a new favorite as of 04:33 on Dec 7, 2014

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

a kitten posted:

Originally found in the schadenfreude thread:

Here is a pitbull who really, really does not trust that pineapple.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cR3SvL2SmDo

I caught my dog barking at a loaf of bread once, but I'm pretty sure the plastic wrapping got caught in an air current and wiggled threateningly. I have no idea what that pineapple did to frighten that poor dog so. Maybe it's haunted?

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

wipeout posted:

I want to see them in Rollin' Wild : http://www.youtube.com/user/rollinsafari

My favorite is the vultures.

I don't know why this is so funny, but it is.

FutonForensic posted:

Why is God pushing the wise men off the mantle one by one?

When I was young, the dog grabbed Balthazar and chewed his head off, then chewed the gift out of his hands. His neck was too mangled to glue back on, and we never found the gift, so he spent the remainder of that holiday season holding his head in his hands, offering it to baby Jesus.

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

Taerkar posted:

No, housecats are just big cats that can't kill you quite as easily. They try all the time but just aren't up to the task.

I've often wondered how big you could make a housecat before it became problematic.

Like, do owners of savannah cats periodically have to go get stitches and tell the doctor "the cat pounced on my ankles again?"

What's the weight cutoff where it's no longer safe?

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

IMJack posted:

This gif is always kinda weird to me. It's like, that's a funky African-looking cat statue, until suddenly INCOMING

I had the same reaction. It helps that it looks like it was recorded by a phone or something else with a slightly wonky field of view, so the cat goes from large to holyfuckenormous as it swoops in for the struggle-snuggle.

edit: I'd always seen struggle-snuggle used in the context of large, overly affectionate animals. A google image search suggests it might also be an internet euphemism for rape. For the record, I did not mean to imply that this cat is a rapist.

Blue Footed Booby has a new favorite as of 23:14 on Dec 29, 2014

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

Bertrand Hustle posted:

That is clearly a very important bird.

This birb is in charge of something I am sure of it.

He's also very round.

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

oxbrain posted:

Hope I'm not too late for this. Camels are hilarious animals.
http://youtu.be/aJXWOiXDFS8

Every so often, my habit of reading youtube comments pays of.

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

My favorite part is how he continues to complain as his nose is stuck in the water. BRGLRBRLBRL

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

Oh my god this owns so hard. I love it.

A big part of why I love Maru is how stocky he is. He's built like a schoolbus. On Cuteoverload.com, people call him The Round, which is how automatic translation renders his human's comments for the videos, and that's such a perfect description.

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

Geolicious posted:

Charlotte Cat makes a tremendous show of chasing and catching her tail. Full on acrobatic antics. Sometimes, I think she's showing off in front of the other two, who are Manx. *Neener neener look what I can doooo*

http://youtu.be/-uNCwmax8cs

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

You don't quite get the full effect of this one without the sound

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M6PteoG0st4

He sounds like a clicker from Last of Us. :staredog:

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

kannonfodder posted:

The story I heard (don't know how true) is the cat lived in horse stables, so it mimicked the way the horses walked.

Like this dog that was raised by cats!

Well, I've seen a video where a squirrel, adopted by a cat, learned to purr.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fHT1nAX46dM

Purring at 1:30ish

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

dupersaurus posted:

The worst guitar

Appalachian fiddlehound

TheMaestroso posted:

I take it you've never seen the Disney "Robin Hood"?

Holy poo poo, I haven't seen that movie in twenty years but his voice still made me all nostalgic even though I wasn't sure why. Memory is a funny thing.

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

Grass Effect posted:

I can never figure out how cat eyes work. Does their field of view get really reduced in sunlight since the pupils are so narrow?

Their field of view doesn't narrow, but their resolving power gets worse. When their pupils are narrow slits the height something has to be to be distinguishable as a distinct object is less than the width.

Blue Footed Booby has a new favorite as of 00:39 on Mar 10, 2015

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

Tau Wedel posted:

Kitten cam with five tiny kittens, provided by TinyKittens.com.

I love how the cat hits on him at the night club. Pur pur knead knead.

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

ulvir posted:

goddamn, that chimp is swole. no wonder they can wreck your poo poo when they get aggressive

"Ladies."

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

Doctor Bishop posted:

Today, I learned that tree kangaroos are actual creatures that actually exist.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pADINQsCqVo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=da7ilUi6c9o

Yes, Virginia, there is a tree kangaroo, and they look like the softest critters in existence.

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

This is hilarious. I lost it when the Nasheed kicked in.

I'd seen a version with actual (French) talking dubbed in, but had no idea the real sounds were so silly.

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

Choco1980 posted:

I've seen that opossums can be domesticated to about the level of outdoor-only cats. ie if you feed it enough it'll learn not to run away when it sees you, and probably get rid of a lot of smaller pests in your yard, but don't go expecting cuddle-time.

*note: Please don't do this. Opossums are wild animals.

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

ulvir posted:

he's adorably pudgy and incredibly cute, but he also looks really sad. I hope he wasn't as miserable as he seems in between shots.

That looks like the sleepy face. Might well be post-meal torpor.

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

Hobo By Design posted:

It is probably deaf.

When my childhood labrador was a puppy my mother was determined to make sure he did not fear the demon Vac'uum. When it was cleaning time she'd have the treat bag in her hand and if he braved the terror he'd get fed periodically throughout the process. It didn't take much encouragement, though, as he was pretty fearless. You know those "is this the puppy for you" tests, like throwing your keychain near him to see how he reacts? Yeah, when we did that at the breeder's house he took the keys and ran.

The end result is that 11 years later you had to bump him with the vacuum to get him to abdicate the premium lounging spot so it could be cleaned. He'd sigh theatrically and mosey to the other side of the room.

Wish I had more pictures of that dog.

Edit: lol, when I hit Post it told me 502 bad gateway. I'm glad I didn't just try again.

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

anotherblownsave posted:

Requesting :catstare: pictures, any and all cats staring. Had a rough day.

Or is this not what you wanted?

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

Which in turn reminds me of the blah blah dog.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bsYSUEXmA9E

VVV holy poo poo :pwn:

Blue Footed Booby has a new favorite as of 05:10 on Jun 7, 2015

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

The noble hermit crab finds a new home.

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

Sociopastry posted:

On the flip side, my grumpy old man cat Momo doubles as a therapy animal- he was never trained for it, but he picked it up nonetheless. I have acute PTSD, and he's learned now how to snap me out of it- he comes up and bats very gently with his tiny kitty toe beans and meows softly at me until I'm out of whatever bad place I was in. Then he puts his tail in my eye, the fucker. :kimchi:

I now feel compelled to post this. It's technically a commercial, but it's a wonderful one. Been posted before, but I don't give a gently caress. :dukedog:

Your cat owns, btw.

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

a kitten posted:

^^^^^^ I think you'll find those are actually gremlins of some kind.

The best part is how he continues snuffling even as he descends, apparently unconcerned by his confinement.

Every day he's snufflin.

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

Nordick posted:

An albino potoo :magical:

Pretty sure those are frogmouths.

Edit: or possibly feathered garbage cans

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

Stoca Zola posted:

A series of frogmouth pictures taken by my mother of the frogmouth family living in the neighbour's tree.

IMG_1920 by Betty AN, on Flickr

IMG_1924 by Betty AN, on Flickr

IMG_1988 by Betty AN, on Flickr

IMG_2039rs by Betty AN, on Flickr

IMG_3802 by Betty AN, on Flickr

Took the chick a while to learn not to wreck his camoflage with angry glaring :catstare:

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

Choco1980 posted:

Pelicans are the poster child of that thread. I've seen videos where they try to go after babies in strollers, with the parents laughing like there isn't an animal trying to kill their child right in front of them.

So they should be...what, horrified that a toothless waterfowl is going to beak their child? It's funny! My parents laughed when I was 4 and challenged by a territorial peacock due to my peacock-blue shirt. Then when they saw I was scared they rescued me. But not before then!

Unfortunately I don't have pictures of this event, so have a spider:

Edit: here, have another

Blue Footed Booby has a new favorite as of 16:25 on Jul 12, 2015

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

Irisi posted:

Cute, slightly violent related content: have a marvellously decent British fellow rescuing a baby swan while it's ungrateful parent beats him up: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dxd53ykmTvc

I love this. Dad seems like he's on the cusp of figuring out that attacking the man isn't actually warranted, but his swan instincts are just too strong.

Meanwhile babby peeps up a storm but contributes absolutely nothing to his own rescue.

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

^^^they're such amazing critters, and they have great faces. :3:

kannonfodder posted:

Fun fact: Most armpit stains are caused by deodorant. The chemicals in it wrecks fabric far more than armpit sweat ever does.

I had a charcoal gray shirt get its armpits bleached orange. Weird poo poo.

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

cash crab posted:

Where do you live? Because that exact treat is sold in the US/Canada under the name "Temptations", but it's the same graphic, and seemingly the same treat.

Anyway. So, our cat screams if you pick her up. Like, howling and these weird goat noises and so on. Today I discovered if you hold open a shopping bag and let her run in, you can pick her up that way without any complaints. I decided to do an experiment and laid down a towel on the couch, let her lie down and then rolled her up like a burrito.

She looks super pissed, but I assure you she was purring like crazy. Success!

Out of curiosity, how are you picking her up? Friend of mine has a cat that flips out if you pick her up without supporting her back feet. You have to let her "stand" on your hand and hold her up with the other. I've always wondered if there were other kitties with the same quirk.

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

Sel Nar posted:

So, just got back from the Vet's, and the official prognosis is 'We haven't the foggiest, so we'll do a full blood workup and see if there's a cause for it'

On the bright side, Smokey's regained the use of her hind legs, but her sense of balance is shot and her right eye is basically frozen. She's basically an adorable 7-pound bobblehead who's quite content to sit on my feet and nap.

In humans, sudden problems controlling extremities accompanies by asymmetric problems with the facial muscles basically screams "stroke." I don't know if that really helps. :smith:

It's so sad that someone stole his bones. :(

VVV :suicide:

Blue Footed Booby has a new favorite as of 04:51 on Jul 27, 2015

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

Thank you for giving me an opportunity to post Sharky.

He lives in the same house as that cat in a shark costume riding a roomba.

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

Neddy Seagoon posted:

The little poo poo sunk his claws into your leg, again, and you're not feeling entirely charitable right this moment :colbert:.

Also, if he can't handle this he's going to loving die the first time someone leaves the toilet lid up.

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

That was ridiculously appropriate music.

Speaking of molluscs: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5qw8bAdIS_E

I love their reaction when he starts flapping. :3:

Blue Footed Booby has a new favorite as of 03:03 on Aug 11, 2015

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

Choco1980 posted:

oh my gosh, he has a condition called "bumblefoot" :kimchi:

The condition isn't very cute. It's basically a form of staph infection.

The treatment, however, is definitely cute.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

MikeJF posted:

I wonder if the understandability of dog expressions to humans is an evolutionary adaption to their role as human companions.

It also reflects that dogs are social animals that have to communicate with eachother.

VVV they're not pack animals. You know what I meant.

Blue Footed Booby has a new favorite as of 04:55 on Aug 26, 2015

• Locked thread