Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

If someone invented tiny robots that were autonomous, self-sufficient and reproducing, and that were extremely good at catching mosquitoes and flies, we'd all want to have a few.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

Every picture of Ian McKellen and/or Patrick Stewart is cute and uplifting just by virtue of what good people they both are :unsmith:

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

At my last job people would occasionally put nuts on the windowsill for the squirrels in our garden. Turns out you have to keep that up forever once you start, or they come in and wreck your desk looking for food.

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

Could be a milling machine? That's about the last step I can think of that comes before "rice".

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

It may look stressful, but they're actually bred to be load-bearing and enjoy it very much.

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

Oh my!

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

Maggie Fletcher posted:

truthfully, the only time cougars really present a threat to humans is when you get around their cubs anyway
Tell that to Rockstar Games.

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

That thing is enormous. They should have gotten Ron Perlman. :v:

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

Nordick posted:

I feel like I could just sit here for hours, watching and listening to him talking about gadgets.
It's a great channel, and I'm pretty sure you can. :)

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

Birb Katter posted:

Australia has the best little critters.
Not something you hear a lot on the internet.

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

ReidRansom posted:

the most patient cat in the entire world
:catstare:

That cat is seething with barely contained rage.

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

I saw some red pandas at the zoo just the other day. I didn't at first, but then I remembered what they do, and looked up. Fluffy red ball up in a tree. :3:

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

I've heard about how good the new Mad Max movie was a few times now.

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

VendaGoat posted:

We need to make a cat ouija board.
"Are you moving it?"
"I'm trying to, but it won't!"

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Pelicans are crafty fuckers who give no shits at all about people in general.
I was at a zoo once where they had free-range pelicans (or they got out, who knows). There were these kids sitting on the edge of a fountain and mildly bothering a pelican who was walking around; nothing cruel, just trying to poke him and generelly being a nuisance. While this was going on another pelican silently swam up behind them, grabbed a bunch of homework from their bags and took it to the middle of the fountain, where he dunked it. Kids were up in arms, pelican 1 wandered off with a pleased look on his face.

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

You can do whatever you want in life.

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

Neddy Seagoon posted:

That chuckle is loving terrifying amidst all the unholy cthulonic mutttering. That is an evil Cockatoo. By even cockatoo standards.
Around 2:30 was pretty nerve wracking. "Don't follow him into the darkness, nothing good can come of this!"

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

CROWS EVERYWHERE posted:

Regular pigeon

Another regular pigeon, nothing to see here
I think you have some conflicting mods installed.

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

Capy Road.

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

I dunno, as long as this one's around...

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

I don't think that's how you do snake whisky.

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

you spin me right round baby right round

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

Rolo posted:

Million dollar idea, a USB keyboard that is slightly heated and doesn't actually do anything.
Yeah but it's gonna come in a box and you know what happens next.

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

YggiDee posted:

Yo that's a Great Egret, if that's what you're wondering.
That is a bottle of Toilet Duck. Don't care what anyone says.

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

Slime posted:

Clever dog.
Was at a party once where a friend and I stayed up so late we watched the sun go up. The host's dog woke up and joined us and started fishing for pets; sat real close, shoved his head under our hands, and so on. After a while he trotted off and I joked, you watch, he thinks he's softened us up now so we'll take him for a walk. A minute later my buddy taps me on the shoulder and there's the drat dog looking at us with his leash in his mouth.

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

Wearing the same wool sweater day in day out, no wonder they do.

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

Friend of mine had rats for a while and says they eventually learned to be lookouts for each other, so that when you came in the room and saw one propped up on its hind legs and squeaking, you knew to look for the other one immediately, because it was almost certainly getting up to something it wasn't supposed to. :3:

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

Caedus posted:

I nearly mulched a kitty in my engine today. It was warming up next to my engine, but there was a kitty tail sticking out and I shooed him away before driving off. Winter is coming, be Car-Cat aware!
That's how my parents got a cat. Except he was hiding in a tank.

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

"Honey, Mr Whiskers left another surprise on the doorstep. You're gonna want to see this."

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

That's the most focused cat I've ever seen. I bet he zoomed off to the right immediately after.

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

A MEGA EXPLODING posted:

thought this was my roommate's cat tuna
it's clearly a shark

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

That one desperately needs one of those 3D effect white frames.

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

whiteyfats posted:

Buzzfeed has a video with Yankees trying Southern food for the first time. "It's like a hug from God!"
Buzzfeed has a ton of these videos. You can't miss them in the related videos list if you watch anything remotely like it. Most of them are pretty cute, too.

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

pookel posted:

There's a bunch of YouTube videos with that premise. I liked this series, where American kids try foods from around the world:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JGjeaHe7GkY
They did one where same kids' parents give them the birds-and-bees talk and holy poo poo I'm dying

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a3MyLt6l5n0

If nothing else, at least watch the bit at 3.49.

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

This guy is a goddamned comedy genius. e: around 2.44 if the timestamp doesn't work for you.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qsyhtzKLxkw&t=164s

My Lovely Horse has a new favorite as of 19:35 on Jan 15, 2016

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

hamsystem posted:

My wife and other mother-in-law went around the neighborhood looking for his owner but noone claimed him. They're gonna go look some more today but I honestly hope nothing turns up because he's exactly like Buddy, same temperament, same love of tennis balls, just and a certified good dog. You can tell he's an older fella, but I don't care, I want to give him a good home for however long we can.
Hey, you could do a lot worse as far as hauntings go.

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

http://i.imgur.com/O8aR4aW.webm

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

BattleMaster posted:

Clive the capybara gets a little greedy with the food

Clive the capybara appears to play bass in a 70s band.

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

Fudge Handsome posted:

That one is missing the best two comments at the end:

Well, they own two now!

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

PK posted:

Guys there's a shoe thief in my house

They don't even fit!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

muscles like this? posted:

This is pretty adorbs

Sasha Obama talking to Ryan Reynolds at a recent White House event while Malia gives her two thumbs up.
I hope he slipped away when no one was looking, having had the good sense to hide the Deadpool suit in the bathroom.

• Locked thread