Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Klaus88
Jan 23, 2011

Violence has its own economy, therefore be thoughtful and precise in your investment

drrockso20 posted:

it's raining in my bedroom somehow...

This is :3: combined with :smith:.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Klaus88
Jan 23, 2011

Violence has its own economy, therefore be thoughtful and precise in your investment
I peeked inside the gamergate thread and lived to regret it. :barf: :psyboom: :wtc:

Can anyone offer up some big fluffy house-cats to erase the stupid taste? Preferably Maine Coons, but I'll take anything the thread feels like offering.

Klaus88
Jan 23, 2011

spinst posted:

This is Betty:

Sometimes that is a trap, sometimes it isn't. Roll the dice... pet the tummy.

Her tail is the most ridiculous thing in the whole world.

:eyepop:

Who is a big fluffy goof, you're a big fluffy goof!

Klaus88
Jan 23, 2011

The only reason we tolerate racoons is because they're so darn adorable, the little stinking bandits. :3

:vince::vince::vince:
:vince::vince::vince:

Klaus88
Jan 23, 2011

insufficient amount of rockets and bullets flying around 2 out of 10.

Klaus88
Jan 23, 2011

:swoon:

MarkAnthony!

Maggie Fletcher posted:

Thread, I feel like we've known each other long enough. I'd like to introduce you to Emerson.

Emerson was brought into the Houlton Humane Society in Houlton, ME, by his previous owner, who got annoyed with him and "snapped" his neck (her words)*. He survived but his back legs are permanently disabled. The manager at HHS took him home and adopted him permanently. She also runs a grassroots animal shelter out of her home and fosters overflow and special needs animals, adopting some of the more difficult-case special needs dogs and cats. Her husband fashioned a wheelchair out of PVC pipes and wheels, but it was a little too heavy for him, so a kind person donated a custom-built wheelchair. When he's not bopping around in that, his mom wheels him around in this super cat stroller. The onesies are to keep his catheter (which is permanent because he can't go to the bathroom on his own) and wheelchair from chafing his skin and causing infections.

*From what I understand, yes, they have pursued criminal charges but I don't know what the ultimate outcome was. My guess is a plea deal of some sort is in the works.

Sadly, they got the big stroller because they found another cat in similar conditions and decided to make her Emerson's permanent sister. The two bonded instantly, but unfortunately a couple of days later, that kitten died from her injuries. So they found another disabled (from birth) kitten who doesn't have use of her back legs, so they're going to see if they'll bond too.

All of this (and more) can be found at their Facebook page:

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Emerson-and-the-Gang-at-the-Millers-Safe-Haven/383395388475018?fref=ts

But what I really wanted you guys to see is a video of Weeble, a cat with cerebellar hyperplasia (CH), which causes the adorable and not-very-dangerous weaving and bobbing. CH has varying degrees of severity, from almost nil to very wobbly. It's not particularly dangerous, but with severe cases you have to keep them away from sharp edges and steep drops.

https://www.facebook.com/383395388475018/videos/vb.383395388475018/532844516863437/?type=2&theater

Weeble lives at the Safe Haven with Emerson and everyone else.

This shelter is amazing and is truly grassroots. They only recently got their 501(c) status and are now an official shelter/foster/hospice. If you ever want to donate to an extremely good cause, please consider them. Also, the lady of the house posts videos of the animals just about daily, so if you want to follow them you'll get some daily uplifting photos and videos in your feed. :3:

Holy poo poo people can be vile.

Klaus88
Jan 23, 2011

siamese.avi right here. They'll talk your ears off.

Klaus88
Jan 23, 2011

ShiroTheSniper posted:

This is our new cat... Khaleesi, a 1 years old and a half female from the shelter.

She purrs the second we touch her and she follow us in every room!

The pictures were taken the same day that we took her home.

(no she is not dead on that one)

You have the cutest cat named after a character in the worst multimedia franchise. :swoon:

Klaus88
Jan 23, 2011

bonewitch posted:

Shes a frumpy baby right now cause shes shedding and the moving process is stressful, so I don't want to turn on lights or bug her to get good pictures. She was fed yesterday, so no handling for a little bit.
We're also still deciding on a name, its a toss up between Baal (cause shes a Ball Python) and Victoria (because Balls are also known as Royal Pythons, and we already have a gecko called Elizardbeth). We're irredeemable dorks

http://imgur.com/a/PJcjt

As a Floridian I'm morally obligated to hate all pythons because some jerks let a bunch loose down here and they've run wild in the local ecosystems. :argh:

Klaus88
Jan 23, 2011

MikeJF posted:

Man first orange cat is a total dick.

It's funny how it's the adult ones that are more fearful. He's poofy but he's also the one trying to make friends, while the adults are poo poo WHAT IS THAT THING DON'T WANNA GO IN THAT ROOM AA. Ah well, cats.

He is a kitten, everything is new to him and potentially a playmate or toy. :3:

vaguely posted:

a house cat can kill a level 1 wizard, no sweat

:argh:NERD!:argh:

Klaus88
Jan 23, 2011

Kanine posted:

this is the kind of case where i would be kicking the poo poo out of that little fucker if it tried to hurt me. like, i loving hate cats because I am a mean assholes and i have no patience for them

Ftfy :smuggo:

Klaus88
Jan 23, 2011

Cythereal posted:

Beyond "their distant ancestors" no, just convergent evolution. Cold weather cats all feature immense amounts of fluff, including ear fluff and toe fluff.

Maine Coons are the :coal:est cats. Mostly because they came about as a result of natural selection and not human breeding, which spares them from the host of health problems other purebreeds suffer from.

Side note, when I read about dog breeding I want to hang every single breed from the nearest lamppost. :dogbutton:

Klaus88
Jan 23, 2011

Maggie Fletcher posted:

This is what you meant, right?

Yeah sorry. :bang:

Klaus88
Jan 23, 2011

CommissarMega posted:

How domesticable (is that a word?) are raccoons anyway? They seem pretty tame.

Ask Japan. :smug:

Klaus88
Jan 23, 2011

cash crab posted:

I love these things, they look like exhausted goblins

Dobby cat looks like one good gust of wind could send him sailing off like an unattended kite. :ohdear:

Klaus88
Jan 23, 2011

Stupid_Sexy_Flander posted:

That cat looks like it just thought of his favorite pun ever.

:catstare: Dave.. Dave... DAVE. DUDE.
:byodood: WHAT?
:catstare: There's a hare in my breakfast :smug:
:cripes:

Klaus88
Jan 23, 2011

ElMaligno posted:

As a dog person i have to say

Thats one adorable as gently caress cat.

Why does pro-dogs have to mean anti-cat and vice-versa? :psyduck:

Klaus88
Jan 23, 2011

Ante up the cute, it is gonna be a bad day people. :smithicide:

Klaus88
Jan 23, 2011

Got in a fender-bender today. Yay Florida. :toot:

Extravagant long-haired cats please?

Klaus88
Jan 23, 2011

Chili posted:

Oh god you guys, my fiancee did it again, we're now fostering a new kitten.

We've named her Vienna. She is only 4 weeks old, and she is, officially, just too much :3:

Look at her giant little paws! Look at them! :swoon:

Klaus88
Jan 23, 2011

Pizookie posted:

I forget if this was posted at some point, but this video of Osamu (the tiny kitten) sleeping and hugging his little bunny toy thing is now my go-to video for a pick-me-up: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SjD3Q4kGM5I

This video is a good treatment for all the bad things in the world. :unsmith:

Klaus88
Jan 23, 2011

Chili posted:

Vienna turned 5 weeks old today! :toot:

We really weren't looking to get another cat, Monty seemed to be most content by himself, and we want to get a dog some day and are worried that between having one cat already and our three birds, a dog is already kind of a far off notion, and with a kitten in play... it'll only be longer.

But I know cats do really well in pairs if they're properly bonded, and with my fiancee gearing up to be a busy bee in grad school and me working full time, the idea of Monty having a buddy is a nice one.

Guuuuuhhhh.

Congrats on your new kitten. :v:

Klaus88
Jan 23, 2011

Sonvabitch. :cry:

Have some pillow kitten.

Klaus88
Jan 23, 2011

Whatdaya know, gay marriage was a slippery slope. :eyepop:

Klaus88
Jan 23, 2011

My dad once called a mean old mommy cat we adopted off the street "the ugliest cat he'd ever seen."

She got up right away and smacked him in the back of his head with her paw. :smug:

Klaus88
Jan 23, 2011

News update: Bad things are happening in the world, but we have the cute thread, so its not all completely terrible. :3:

Klaus88
Jan 23, 2011

Choco1980 posted:

Are we still doing senior pets? Cause on Thanksgiving, my step-mom's old kitty had to come stay with me due to severely allergic cousins coming over....

He didn't like it!

The incredible cuteness of this cat is offset by your horrible carpets. :barf:

Klaus88
Jan 23, 2011

Good dog. :unsmith:

Klaus88
Jan 23, 2011

drrockso20 posted:

I apologize for any tears this may bring you; http://imgur.com/gallery/7vdEQrM

Goddamn. :qq:

I hope the kitty didn't suffer any permanent damage. :ohdear:

Klaus88
Jan 23, 2011

Geolicious posted:

I am covered in tears.

I want to force every xenophobic, bigoted American to watch this and say to them "This. This what we're supposed to be doing."

Haven't these refugees suffered enough without having to live next door to Americans?! :stonk:

Klaus88
Jan 23, 2011

Jesus, that adorable wailing :3:

Klaus88
Jan 23, 2011

drrockso20 posted:

For the girls, Blossom, Bubbles, & Buttercup, and for the boys Huey, Dewey, & Louie(I would have suggested going for the Rowdy Ruff Boys' names to go with the Powerpuff Girls theme I suggested for the girl cats, but those would be a bit odd in comparison)

I disapprove of animals having people names, personally. :shrug:

I always named my cats after precious gems. :shrug::shrug:

Klaus88
Jan 23, 2011

Chili posted:

Well we named all the kittens that we're fostering, and I thought I had it down.

This was me trying to show off my memory of which kitten is which.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bW6jzdsIsnY

:swoon:

I remember when my kitty was in the toes=tiny pink rodent substitutes phase.

Klaus88
Jan 23, 2011

It tried to steal a mushroom. :3:

Klaus88
Jan 23, 2011

Chili posted:

Couldn't decide if being stuck in a blizzard with 7 cats in your house is a good thing or a bad thing.

Turns out it's both, but I'll share some of the good:

Bring me Solo

Mama taking a break. She's getting quite fed up with her kittens and really seems to dig having time away from them

Kittens playing the "when you see it..." game in our linen closet

Butterscotch is down to 25.5 pounds!

That's a lot of cat for one house. :eyepop:

Also, legs serving as adhoc fort warms. :v:

Why haven't we gotten images or videos of Butters playing with kittens yet? :argh:

Klaus88
Jan 23, 2011

Chili posted:

By popular demand,

Butterscotch: Bathtime and the Infinite Sadness https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EnFI65ozp-c

Yeash, butters dug his claws into your lady there.

I had a cat that needed five people to trim her belly. One for each limb, and one to hold the scissors.

Klaus88
Jan 23, 2011

Neddy Seagoon posted:

You know your dynasty's in trouble when you're reduced to making clothes out of the loungeroom curtains :ohdear:.

When you're royalty, you can wear whatever the hell you want.

As demonstrated in the Emperor's new clothes.

Klaus88
Jan 23, 2011

Ozz81 posted:

The Rock being the awesomest dad and celebrity yet again :3:

https://www.facebook.com/DwayneJohnson/videos/10154146806539384/?fref=nf

Hell of a thing to grow up with B.J. from Wolfenstein as your dad.

Klaus88
Jan 23, 2011

Black cats are lucky. :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Klaus88
Jan 23, 2011

I appear to have something in my eye. :qq:

• Locked thread