Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CROWS EVERYWHERE
Dec 17, 2012

CAW CAW CAW

Dinosaur Gum

Oh my god I want to vacuum a duck :kimchi:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CROWS EVERYWHERE
Dec 17, 2012

CAW CAW CAW

Dinosaur Gum

PS more bats please

CROWS EVERYWHERE
Dec 17, 2012

CAW CAW CAW

Dinosaur Gum

Big capys have small capys upon their backs to bite them,
And small capys have smaller capys, and so on ad infinitum.

CROWS EVERYWHERE
Dec 17, 2012

CAW CAW CAW

Dinosaur Gum
Hug your shark today. :coolfish: :glomp:

CROWS EVERYWHERE
Dec 17, 2012

CAW CAW CAW

Dinosaur Gum
Get into the Christmas spirit with a Christmas Venus flytrap duck Santa!

CROWS EVERYWHERE
Dec 17, 2012

CAW CAW CAW

Dinosaur Gum

IslamoNazi posted:

OK guys, I give up. All Pallas cat, all the time

Wingardium Leviotter :downs:

CROWS EVERYWHERE
Dec 17, 2012

CAW CAW CAW

Dinosaur Gum

Ahhhh I love nudes :kimchi:

CROWS EVERYWHERE
Dec 17, 2012

CAW CAW CAW

Dinosaur Gum
e: woops, hopefully this works:
http://i.imgur.com/McwpYCq.gifv

CROWS EVERYWHERE
Dec 17, 2012

CAW CAW CAW

Dinosaur Gum

QUACKTASTIC posted:

In a similar vein; researchers in the Netherlands placed an exersize wheel in a nearby forest and filmed wild animals using it as part of this study: http://rspb.royalsocietypublishing.org/content/281/1786/20140210

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9630Is3Rhww

I never knew how much I needed to see a slug on a hamster wheel :swoon:

CROWS EVERYWHERE
Dec 17, 2012

CAW CAW CAW

Dinosaur Gum
Cats loving love pots :kimchi: At my last place I had plant pots filled with nothing but soil under my window and most days I would look out and see my neighbour's fat Siamese cat curled up in one :3:

CROWS EVERYWHERE
Dec 17, 2012

CAW CAW CAW

Dinosaur Gum

Die Laughing posted:

I'm sure TCC has plenty of stories of cats in grow rooms.

They probably do :catdrugs:

CROWS EVERYWHERE
Dec 17, 2012

CAW CAW CAW

Dinosaur Gum

General Battuta posted:

Hm, yes, cats blowing themselves up for ISIS, cute funny and uplifting

Cats really are assholes.

CROWS EVERYWHERE
Dec 17, 2012

CAW CAW CAW

Dinosaur Gum

ulvir posted:

what kind of weirdoes keeps their pet in the same room when they're doing those assorted bedroom activities?

This is what I think whenever I see someone telling a "My cat always stares at me when I poop/make love/poop while making love". Close your loving door, your cat doesn't need to be a spectator!

Flakey posted:

Yeah my ex was like that too. :downsrim:

:v:

CROWS EVERYWHERE
Dec 17, 2012

CAW CAW CAW

Dinosaur Gum

My mum's little dog loves this too :D

Another thing he liked when playing outside (he's getting a little old for it now though) was grabbing onto his end of a thick rope toy and being carried around/gently swung around with it :D He is a Border Terrier and has strong jaws for it. My uncle's little Staffy is even better at it.

CROWS EVERYWHERE
Dec 17, 2012

CAW CAW CAW

Dinosaur Gum

Gordito posted:

My friend doesn't have a fenced in backyard that is suitable for his cats, so he has to walk them when they want to go outside. This is how I imagine it looks when he walks his cats.

I had a neighbour who had an inside cat (all responsible cat owners in Australia are inside cat owners :colbert:) and would take him for walks three times a day. Cat loved it and one time I even saw him carrying his lead in his mouth as they left the house :3:

The only difficulty they seemed to have with walking the cat was that he liked to fall asleep on a sunny part of the footpath/road.

CROWS EVERYWHERE
Dec 17, 2012

CAW CAW CAW

Dinosaur Gum

King Kambrook posted:

I'm having a lovely day because I've been sick as balls all week and now my housemate's hosed off for the weekend and left a disgusting mess in the kitchen.

Does anybody have any adorable stingrays to cheer me up? Or cute turtles? Or cute cephalopods? Just cute marine animals in general.

Like this feller:

Only one I have on hand right away, but it's a good one! :kimchi:

Includes a nurse prawn.

Here's my impression of an octopus for you: ^wwww^

CROWS EVERYWHERE
Dec 17, 2012

CAW CAW CAW

Dinosaur Gum
Hi, I hear this is the Post Your Cute Pet thread?

This is my new peachy lovebird. His/her name is Bitey, until we get his/her DNA sexing results back, at which point either she will be named Toast or he will be named Captain Fifi McAfee (Fifi for short).

CROWS EVERYWHERE
Dec 17, 2012

CAW CAW CAW

Dinosaur Gum

Teddybear posted:

Will the test prove Bitey is a tiny fatbird?

It will! Though as I'm drastically cutting back his millet (aka lovebird crack) allowance, hopefully it won't find he's TOO much of a fatbird!

Bitey's favourite things right now: 1) fucken MILLET 2) hiding in my sleeve 3) his little swing.

CROWS EVERYWHERE
Dec 17, 2012

CAW CAW CAW

Dinosaur Gum

Birb Katter posted:

It's time for some hard truths thread. Not everything in Australia is trying to kill you. Sure, most things are but then you get something like the Western Pygmy Possum.

Old mate here needs to moisturise.

CROWS EVERYWHERE
Dec 17, 2012

CAW CAW CAW

Dinosaur Gum

Friend, I hear you are down? Will this leaf help? :kimchi:

CROWS EVERYWHERE
Dec 17, 2012

CAW CAW CAW

Dinosaur Gum
Frogmouths are the best :kimchi: When they catch sight of you staring at them (which is hard to do if you don't know they're around), they veeeeeeeeeery sloooooooooooooooooooowly follow you with their eyes as you move, like a creepy statue. They're also very hard to spook, and usually stay in branch mode even if you try to scare them!

CROWS EVERYWHERE
Dec 17, 2012

CAW CAW CAW

Dinosaur Gum

Don't post pictures of me in here! :(

CROWS EVERYWHERE
Dec 17, 2012

CAW CAW CAW

Dinosaur Gum

Top Quark posted:

One of my two ferrets died today in her sleep. Can I humbly request all of the pictures of ferrets being ridiculous creatures as you can muster please.

This is my favourite ferret/weasel/mink/stoat/catsnake gif. It's the one of a ferret doing a massive jump.

CROWS EVERYWHERE
Dec 17, 2012

CAW CAW CAW

Dinosaur Gum
Here is my birb! He is a baby peach-faced lovebirb! I may have posted some of these here already but I am going to do it again!

Sleepy birb

Birb doing very important things on his swing

Shoulder birb

Armpit birb

More sleepy birb

Birb brutally murdering another birb

BONUS chicken birbs

What the poo poo birb

Lovely mammal birb

Sad frogmouth birb

Excited shiny frogmouth birb!

Another mammal-birb, this time a Soviet super-secret agent

A birb who will have to eat her way to freedom

Not a birb, very cheeky, get out of here

Regular pigeon

Another regular pigeon, nothing to see here

No I assure you I am a regular pigeon, what are you looking at

grrr

CROWS EVERYWHERE
Dec 17, 2012

CAW CAW CAW

Dinosaur Gum

FAROOQ posted:

Antipersperant is a thing that exists in 2015.

It's a very old shirt (suitable for getting pooped on by birds) so it is just that colour all the time now :barf:

Birb Katter posted:

You haven't met Queensland heat then.

Also this

CROWS EVERYWHERE
Dec 17, 2012

CAW CAW CAW

Dinosaur Gum
Everyone post adorable lovely rats, I love rats and they are too smelly for my unit also I'm sad and full of brain problems.

CROWS EVERYWHERE
Dec 17, 2012

CAW CAW CAW

Dinosaur Gum

Gammatron 64 posted:

My mom works at a school so I'm taking care of their bearded dragon over the summer.

Taking a peek out the box used for the journey from school to apartment

Don't let this movie give you any bad ideas.

Training for next year's evo. Naturally plays as Reptile in Mortal Kombat.

Sleeping on my beer belly while the power's out from a storm.

Hello friend!

WHARGLBLARGLBLARGHLBLABLAHGHGHRL

grumplestiltzkin posted:

This silly little fellow is a Wobbegong shark. It's got a cute little frilly beard and has a name that's fun to say. Wobbegong. They chill out on the seafloor and don't bother people.

I love wobbegongs, I've seen one in the wild (very exciting!) and I think I even got to pat one at Underwater World as a babby :kimchi: My favourites were always the sea cucumbers though, they're so squishy and soft :swoon:

CROWS EVERYWHERE
Dec 17, 2012

CAW CAW CAW

Dinosaur Gum

An Angry Bug posted:

Especially if it's a dolphin that wants to get busy.

Horny dolphins are scary :cry:

CROWS EVERYWHERE
Dec 17, 2012

CAW CAW CAW

Dinosaur Gum

cash crab posted:

Where do you live? Because that exact treat is sold in the US/Canada under the name "Temptations", but it's the same graphic, and seemingly the same treat.

Anyway. So, our cat screams if you pick her up. Like, howling and these weird goat noises and so on. Today I discovered if you hold open a shopping bag and let her run in, you can pick her up that way without any complaints. I decided to do an experiment and laid down a towel on the couch, let her lie down and then rolled her up like a burrito.

She looks super pissed, but I assure you she was purring like crazy. Success!

I haven't owned cats myself but I have relatives and friends who do and I'm reliably informed that a purrito is the best way to clip their little nails.

CROWS EVERYWHERE
Dec 17, 2012

CAW CAW CAW

Dinosaur Gum

Centripetal Horse posted:

Cracked Magazine was talking poo poo about your buddies a few weeks ago: http://www.cracked.com/article_22466_6-terrifying-versions-cute-animals.html

I meant to rat them out when I first saw it, but I forgot.

What the poo poo is wrong with that article? :psyduck:

1. Capybara - loving adorable, everyone knows this. This isn't even like jumping spiders which I think are adorable but a lot of people hate because they're spiders and some people are wusses. Everyone loves capybaras.

2. Jacob Sheep. Like a regular sheep but better. Four horns! What is there not to love about four horns? Regular adult sheep, including Jacob sheep, aren't cute though. At least Jacob sheep usually have dark eyes so you can't see their weird rectangular pupils. They're objectively less creepy than regular sheep.

3. Okay that catfish is gross, but most big catfish are gross. Little catfish, like "put in your aquarium to eat the goop" sized catfish, are very cute. Big catfish are not cute and if this is the first time you've discovered this you are behind the times.

4. That's a gross frog but to be honest so are most frogs that are bulbous and warty. It's big I guess? But seriously, if you're looking for "horrible creepy gross nightmare frogs", just look at any of the toads. Cane toads or Suriname toads especially. Now Suriname toads, they are nightmare frogs.

5. That shrew is loving adorable. Take a closer look at that snout.wav, etc. So what if he's venomous? The platypus is venomous and it is still adorable.

6. A loving potoo? Seriously? Okay this is how I know this has to be a loving joke. Whoever wrote this is scared of the goofy-rear end muppet owl.

Guys I'm beginning to think Cracked.com is not a legitimate news source!

CROWS EVERYWHERE
Dec 17, 2012

CAW CAW CAW

Dinosaur Gum

drrockso20 posted:

Is it weird that I actually think Suriname Toads are kinda cute, cause for being part of a group already filled with Muppets, they are especially Muppet-like(if of the Labyrinth and Dark Crystal sort), plus that sort of Maternal dedication in nature is always pretty heartwarming in my opinion

Also I imagine Instant Jellyfish and some of the other people on SA who own sheep would take offense to Jacob Sheep being on such a list

I think Suriname toads are kind of cool in a really weird way, but the... holes... are kind of unnerving. I know lots of people have a lot of trouble even looking at pictures of them because they're all lotus-breast-y. The different ways different species approach sex and parenting are really interesting. I will always love alligators/crocs/etc for being lovely scary mums :kimchi:

"Mum! Mum! Look over there! Go that way!"

I follow the Sheep etc thread because I love all the cute sheep and goats there! If you are looking for cutest sheep, it is hard to go past the Valais Blacknose Sheep:

CROWS EVERYWHERE
Dec 17, 2012

CAW CAW CAW

Dinosaur Gum

willus posted:

its pretty hosed up that in this day and age those sheep think blackface is okay

They're not doing blackface, they're doing blacknose :colbert:

Now this is a racist blackface sheep:

CROWS EVERYWHERE
Dec 17, 2012

CAW CAW CAW

Dinosaur Gum

freelop posted:

Victoria for sure.

I've a Royal Python called Pliskin

Super chill pets but be aware that they are a bit dim and will climb up things they shouldn't and then fall off.

Snakes are lovely but compared to some other potential pet animals, they really are a bit dense. My mum's little brown dog was harassing a tree snake that was hanging out in the pot plant section of our garden one day, and it tried to escape by slithering up a palm tree. Unfortunately, it was a small potted palm tree, and it was too heavy for the palm fronds. So the higher it tried to slither, the closer to the ground it got as the frond bent under its weight. It would have kept slithering in a confused manner into the dog's little jaws but my mum was nice enough to remove him so the snake could plop in confusion onto the ground and slither up a gum tree further away.

CROWS EVERYWHERE
Dec 17, 2012

CAW CAW CAW

Dinosaur Gum

bonewitch posted:

Yeah, we ended up going with Victoria. As for the climbing things part, the first day we got her she was climbing on the vines in her cage when I came to check on her/replace her water. She got spooked and immediately fell flat on her face. :negative:

Such elegant and majestic slippery tube dudes :swoon:

CROWS EVERYWHERE
Dec 17, 2012

CAW CAW CAW

Dinosaur Gum

Kanine posted:

this is the kind of case where i would be kicking the poo poo out of that little fucker if it tried to hurt me. like, i loving hate cats because they are mean assholes and i have no patience for them

CROWS EVERYWHERE
Dec 17, 2012

CAW CAW CAW

Dinosaur Gum

Birb Katter posted:

That little guy is a Crimson Rosella and they sound so pretty. Stuff those Rainbow Lorikeets, all looks and no substance.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gUnmimbP_lE

I tried finding some videos of rainbow lorikeets eating and screaming their tiny heads off (IT'S FRUIT AND NECTAR YOU GUYS, HOLY poo poo I'M A loving BIRD) but all the videos I could find were very quiet and civilised pet lorikeets and occasional well-behaved tame wild lorikeets getting hand-fed at parks etc :(

Everyone will have to just imagine the melodious "WHEEEK WHEEEK WHEEEK WHEEEK WHEEEK WHEEEK WHEEEK WHEEEK WHEEEK WHEEEK WHEEEK" of a whole flock of lorikeets descending on a quiet suburb to gently caress poo poo up.

CROWS EVERYWHERE
Dec 17, 2012

CAW CAW CAW

Dinosaur Gum

mfcrocker posted:

"mate I'll fuckin cut you"

That's what it would be saying if it were a rainbow lorikeet. It's a crimson rosella though so it's more likely that it's shyly offering you a bite of its icecream cone.

CROWS EVERYWHERE
Dec 17, 2012

CAW CAW CAW

Dinosaur Gum

Birb Katter posted:

So I'm not well, really not well. Please hit me with the most hardcore cute you have.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eOKeGyTMEJs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SeMC2sYP8gY
the fattest birb

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CROWS EVERYWHERE
Dec 17, 2012

CAW CAW CAW

Dinosaur Gum

Thanks IBAMA

• Locked thread